Green Team

Lissy - 26 - painter - Barrington, IL
    Teresa - 44 - small business owner - Park Hills, MO
    Antony - 24 - special needs teacher - Willimantic, CT

Red Team

Rita G - 29 - tax consultant - New Orleans, LA
    JD - 28 - firefighter - Northridge, CA
    Vince - 34 - entrepreneur - Butler, PA - potential DIVA and or Butthead

From their photos JD and Vince may be the proverbial alpha males who will butt heads.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 72 Hours - TNT

Bit disappointed with the outcome. All three teams had weak links but I don't get Antony. You quit because the two ladies don't do as you say which was going up and down the mountains the hardest way. You are a quitter and boy do you disrespect women. You teach special needs kids. If I were a parent or principal I think I would be checking you out to see how you treat the kids. Abusive, non sympathetic, non empathetic and no patience. Yeah, all the qualifications a special ed teacher needs.

I also think if this is the way he treats two females he doesn't know how does he treat females he does? I see domestic violence in this person's future.

Also of you are going to stop for three hours because your teammate is showing signs of heat exhaustion why the heck didn't you call for a relief drop? That makes no sense at all.
    Florimel and spockwhat like this.

I agree, Bearcata. Anthony was the poster child for despicable, and both women tried harder than he did.

I wasn't liking Rita on red team at all in the beginning, but she did come around, such it up, and became a strong participant. I'd have like to see that team win.

On the other hand, I thought blue team's Jerica was terrific at leadership and motivation as well as being strong physically. It was only Diva Dewayne that made me sorry about blue team's win. The other two were deserving, I though, particularly with having to put up with Dewayne for three day. Is the only thing Dewayne sees in himself his sexual orientation? It's all he ever talked about. I don't care if a contest is gay, straight, or likes blow-up dolls; that's not what this competition is supposed to be about.

I'm finding myself somewhat disappointed with the show runners' casting choices. They seem to always select a few who they know have no business trying this kind of competition. It appears to me that none of the contestants have a clue what they're in for until they arrive on the scene.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree, Bearcata. Anthony was the poster child for despicable, and both women tried harder than he did.

I wasn't liking Rita on red team at all in the beginning, but she did come around, such it up, and became a strong participant. I'd have like to see that team win.

On the other hand, I thought blue team's Jerica was terrific at leadership and motivation as well as being strong physically. It was only Diva Dewayne that made me sorry about blue team's win. The other two were deserving, I though, particularly with having to put up with Dewayne for three day. Is the only thing Dewayne sees in himself his sexual orientation? It's all he ever talked about. I don't care if a contest is gay, straight, or likes blow-up dolls; that's not what this competition is supposed to be about.

I'm finding myself somewhat disappointed with the show runners' casting choices. They seem to always select a few who they know have no business trying this kind of competition. It appears to me that none of the contestants have a clue what they're in for until they arrive on the scene.
    Are you perchance talking about Rita who thought she was going to be on The Amazing Race?

Yep, I am talking about that Rita. I actually laughed out loud when she was saying all that. But I do feel that she redeemed herself somewhat in the latter stages of the competition.

She's not the only one, however. They all at least SEEM surprised at the beginning when told they would have to find the money. Since this is the first season, it's possible they don't really know what lies ahead for them. Just speculation on my part, of course.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Blue Team

Jerica - 34 - kickboxing instructor - Redlands, CA
    Dewayne - 27 - server - Raceland, KY - my vote for DIVA
    Robert - 27 - US Army Reserves - Grand Terrace, CA

Green Team

Lissy - 26 - painter - Barrington, IL
    Teresa - 44 - small business owner - Park Hills, MO
    Antony - 24 - special needs teacher - Willimantic, CT

Red Team

Rita G - 29 - tax consultant - New Orleans, LA
    JD - 28 - firefighter - Northridge, CA
    Vince - 34 - entrepreneur - Butler, PA - potential DIVA and or Butthead

From their photos JD and Vince may be the proverbial alpha males who will butt heads.
    On the website it says Butler PA and on the show it says Los Angeles, CA

Day 1

They fly the teams in by helicopter they are strapped on to rigging and are hanging off the helicopter.

All three teams have obvious weak links, Dewayne for the Blue Team, Rita for the Red Team and Teresa for the Green Team.

Why does Dewayne feel he needs to remind everyone in the world every few minutes that he is gay? Is that all that defines him?

How in the heck does someone get hiking shoes that have soles that fall off. This is the second time this has happened on a show. I had it happened to me one time ever and it was pair on sneakers I had for several years.

The first supply drop is 7 miles away and at an elevation of 8000 feet above sea level.

Takes about 5 hours for the teams to hike to the first supply drop.

Blue is 1st
    Green is 2nd
    Red is 3rd

All three teams head on to the 2nd Supply Drop which is 9 miles away.

Antony on the Green Team is not listening to the girls, calls them spoilt bitches he insists on going straight up and down the mountains in the hardest possible way. At one point they have lost Teresa. They do catch up to Blue Team who has camped for the night and they camp further down.

Day 2 - 12 hours 37 minutes

Blue and Green Team are neck and neck.

Blue Team - Jerica is pushing the boys but both want to stop and get water so she calls in a Relief Drop. Supply Drop 2 is only 3 miles away. Red Team also calls for a Relief Drop. Rita is really disappointed that all they get for food is a can of rattlesnake and a couple of sweet potatoes. She wants bread and gives the Brandon the host a hard time about it. Brandon asks her what show did she think she signed up for and she basically describes The Amazing Race. I think her teammates and Brandon are all a bit dumbfounded at her reply. She refuses to eat anything.

Green Team - Teresa is throwing up, looks like she has a bit of heat exhaustion. They end up resting for 3 hours, Teresa drinks the last of the water and yet they don't call for a Relief Drop, I don't get it why not if you are not moving? Mean while Blue Team has reached Supply Drop 2. Green Team is up and moving but Antony is still going through the roughest terrain without regard to the girls who are getting fed up. They rest again and then all of a sudden Antony tells the girls he quits and calls Brandon. Red Team has arrived at Supply Drop 2. In the meantime the weather changes and a rainstorm comes in and it starts to hail. Brandon finally comes in to see Green Team and even then Antony doesn't give the girls any eye contact, doesn't talk to them and tells Brandon he wants to quit because the team is not working. Both Lissy and Teresa want to go on but can't without Antony. What gets me is that all prevous quitters had physical problems with the weather or with their bodies not holding out too well. Antony just didn't want to deal with his teammates, he compromised very little and the females together were not strong enough to take over. Red and Blue end up camping for the night about 500 yards apart.

Day 3

You never see Brandon officially telling either the Red Team or the Blue Team that the Green Team quit. Supply Drop 3 - Blue is 1st with Red a very close 2nd. Brandon says at this point they don't need their GPS as he turns around and points to Mt Baldy and tells the teams that the briefcase is at the summit. He gives each team a small can of oxygen as the summit of Mt Baldy is at 12,500 ft above sea level and the air is a bit thin.

It's now 63 hours in to the race and both teams have traveled 30 miles.

Red Team is taking a longer but easier route and Blue Team is taking the shorter but much steeper and harder route. Both teams are using the oxygen. Dewayne wants to rest, he is whinning again, Robert is telling him that it will be his fault if they lose and Dewayne decides to teach them a lesson and sits. He whines about wanting to win (but without the effort). Jerica comforts him. She normally wouldn't but both she and Robert have to put up with Dewayne being a diva because they can't win without him. They hear voices, it is the Red Team. Jerica jumps up and starts running, Robert and Dewayne follow and they find the briefcase and win.

Both Green and Blue were close through this entire race, as I think Rita was slowing down the Red Team but both teams worked with their weak links and did amazingly well. Unfortunately, Lissy and Teresa couldn't work with their weak link Antony, else this would have been even more fun with all three teams climbing Mt Baldy.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread