+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 72 Hours - TNT

Re: 72 Hours - TNT

Day 3 - 12 hours 37 minutes

Blue and Red Teams are about 1/2 mile apart.

Supply Drop 3
    Blue is 1st
    Green is 2nd
    Red is 3rd

At this point all teams are within sight of each other it is very close.

Teams have to go down river 6 miles on a bamboo raft and them climb 4,000 ft to reach the briefcase.

Green manages to crash into a rock and while trying to free the raft almost manage to kill Andrea.

All teams get to the landing site and start climbing. Andrea from the Green Team is again almost passing out from heat exhaustion. EJ the retired Army Sargent Major carries her up the mountain. Michael from the Red Team is also having problems with the heat and Rita helps him up and helps him walk up the mountain. One of the Blue Team girls insists they need to be a the beach, and that she sees the ocean and hears the seagulls.

Blue Team wins.

It was a very close race. I do think that if it was longer the other teams had a chance just because Wade of the Blue Team was making stupid choices making promises he could not keep and endangering the team. The hadn't eaten, they didn't have enough water and drank from a questionable source they were not getting their fires at night and not enough sleep. For a short period of time OK but not for the long haul.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Next week The Rockies.

I wasn't really happy with the result this time because the blue team made too many mistakes and bad choices to win, but win they did so I guess I can't say they didn't deserve it.

Army guy on the green team did a good job of getting his female teammate to the end, but I could not stand his yelling and screaming. That would have gotten on my last nerve had I been there, which I am assuredly not qualified to do.

My real admiration goes to Rita on the red team. Had they raced a bit longer, as you say, Bearcata, I think they might have won.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I wasn't really happy with the result this time because the blue team made too many mistakes and bad choices to win, but win they did so I guess I can't say they didn't deserve it.

Army guy on the green team did a good job of getting his female teammate to the end, but I could not stand his yelling and screaming. That would have gotten on my last nerve had I been there, which I am assuredly not qualified to do.

My real admiration goes to Rita on the red team. Had they raced a bit longer, as you say, Bearcata, I think they might have won.
    I hated that when they saw the Blue Team Skullcrusher had to yell that The Green Machine was coming. I though that was not well planned. I would have used seeing them as motivation and then tried to surge past them instead of warning them to move faster because they heard me yelling.
    Florimel and scoot13 like this.

I was only half paying attention in the middle... What was their justification for drinking the water without purifying it first? Wasn't the team that drank it and got sick also the same team that won? Was it just a mild case of poisoning?

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I was only half paying attention in the middle... What was their justification for drinking the water without purifying it first? Wasn't the team that drank it and got sick also the same team that won? Was it just a mild case of poisoning?
    Yes the Blue Team is the one who drank the water, got sick and still won. I think they were very lucky, they fact they were young (all in their 20's) and healthy being a bit part of it. Also they may have gotten sick after winning and we wouldn't know about it. I have watched enough "Being Eaten Alive" and other cable to shows that there are parasites and worms and whatever that can get inside the human body and really mess you up which is one BIG reason for purifying your drinking water.

Wade didn't want to stop for a relief drop that day so he insisted that they get extra water at this stream and I guess he thought since it was rapidly flowing that it wouldn't have any bugs or whatever in it.
    scoot13 likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I hate how far behind I am compared to you guys, but episode 4 and 5 just came up on Slice. Episode 4 (the one with all the rain): I was also disappointed that it came down to one team competing individually. I would have liked to see the winner at least give a token amount of money (5-10 thousand) to each team mate as a nod to the team effort they made.

Episode 5. Probably my least favourite winners thus far. I liked the two women well enough, but the guy was such a tool. I couldn't stand him and big talk. Really disappointing that the win only gave him more confidence (like he needed it). At least "Nails" was the one to drop out on his team. Tough, indeed.

I have been deliberately avoiding any posts after what I watched so I don't get spoiled. Anyone want to tell me how far I am behind and how many are left in total?
    Bearcata, you were right, I do like this show a LOT!
    scoot13 likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

According to TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource there are only 8 episodes in the series so far and it looks as if this Friday, July 26, 2013, The Rockies episode is the last one.

If I find out any different I will post as soon as possible. So spockwhat I guess that means you are only two episodes (number 6 & 7) behind what is being aired.
    spockwhat and scoot13 like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Thanks, Bearcata!
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Episode 8 - The Southern Rockies - July 26, 2013

About this episode
    Three teams composed of three strangers are lowered by helicopter into the Southern Rockies where they face a journey through dense forests, towering peaks, and unpredictable weather as they attempt to find $100,000 first. With only a GPS device, the clothes on their backs and a bottle of water, the teams have three days to find the briefcase filled with money, and working together may be their only hope of avoiding the effects of exhaustion and sleep deprivation the environment presents. One team negotiates with a self-professed "diva" teammate while another faces the possibility of disqualification due to a medical emergency.

+ Reply to Thread