+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 72 Hours - TNT

Re: 72 Hours - TNT

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Agree completely, Bearcata. That woman on the red team acted despicably and clearly felt no shame for her behavior when she found out the other woman had indeed had a severe injury and kept on trying in spite of it. I can't answer your question because bullying and spiteful behavior is never a motivating tool, at least for me.

The green team, on the other hand, supported each other all the way and gave helping hands to each other when needed. Result: victory. I was delighted to see them win.
    I always find it an interesting study to see how strangers will interact and treat each other especially in a competition for money. I liked watching the Blue Team and Green Team and their interactions. Blue Team Bank Executive, I'm the Leader and yet he is the first to have physical problems. I always laugh when the big macho man who is so puffed up with his ego and yet fails to deliver. It is interesting to note that how the females interact with each other can really make or break a team. On Green Team the one female automatically was helping the other female although the male firefighter didn't like it. It is because of that interaction that the Green Team won. Blue Team also recovered. But Red Team was a sheer disaster. When you have a female who tries to out man everyone on her team she destroys it. If Jackie encouraged Jessica instead of pushing her so hard she hurt herself they might have won. Seriously in that environment why not take advantage of the 1 hour rest at the end of the day to get a relief drop on day 1 and day 2 it will fuel the team for day 3 and a possible win.

If anyone was that abusive to me I think I would sit down and get an apology first. For some reason in our society apologies are viewed as signs of weakness. I do not agree with that. How is it OK to bully and insult someone because they can not move as fast as you? That is not teamwork. I do think that this show would be even better if after wining the grand prize money would be subtracted from a person if they had acted like an ass and more added to the prize of the person who really pulled the team together. I think Mike of the Blue Team and Andrea of the Green Team both deserve kudos for displaying good teamwork with the prized being given to Mike. As for the bullies and Jackie you know I am talking about you, they should either be thrown off one of the Alps or under a bus.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-13-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Blue Team
    Frank - 44 - sales executive - opens up saying he is the natural leader, has a daughter with thyroid cancer
    Megan - 32 - waitress - glad is with an male teammates as females are too much drama...um...hon you need a mirror and a good long hard look
    Mike - 35 - ex MLB player - the glue that holds this team together

Green Team
    Andrea - 45 - stay at home mom - compassion for teammate Alanna helps this team win
    Kevin - 26 - firefighter from Colorado
    Alanna - 26 - dancer - has a condition called Reyes?? - has no circulation in her hands and feet and they are in the New Zealand Alps

Red Team
    Jessica - 30 - corrections officer - fractures kneecap and tears some ligaments when she complains about the pain both teammates call her weak and insult her
    Alterik - 30 - lawyer from New Jersey - proud he survived the storm - from how he acted toward his teammate I understand how he survived the storm .. by throwing out others into it
    Jackie - 48 - program organizer from Austin Texas ... if she is an example of Southern Hospitality I shutter to think what the rest of the folks from Texas are like. Uber Beyotch...great example of a miserable human being ... just nasty.

Episode 6 - New Zealand Alps - located in the South Island

Day 1

All teams have to bungee jump in a group and then are lowered to speed boats which take them to the starting point with host Brandon.

Teams have to trek 3 miles above Slip Creek to reach the first Supply Drop.

Blue Team
    Shortly into the race Frank needs an IT Band stretch, Megan not happy about it. Unknown to the team the walkie talkie falls out of Frank's jacket pocket.

Red Team
    Jackie already pissed at Jessie because she is breathing hard.

Supply Drop 1.
    Green in first.
    Red Team in second and Jackie pissed because they didn't get their first because of Jessie. Really!
    Blue in last place and realizes they have no walkie talkie. They have to turn around and go find it. Megan finds it but it is very obviously been moved from where Frank dropped it.

All teams are 8 hours in and are moving to the second Supply Drop.

Green Team - Alanna reveals to her teammates that she has a medical condition where she has no circulation to her hands and feet. With only an 1 and 14 minutes left Andrea calls for a relief drop. Kevin is pissed but keeps quiet.

Blue Team - catches up to Green Team and also calls for a relief drop. Both teams camp together.

Red Team is in first place.

Day 2

Jessie falls and hurts her knee. Alterik and Jackie show no empathy, no compassion. They just look at her as a whinny little kid.

All teams are 26 hours in and have a 6000 ft climb.

Blue - 1st
    Green - 2nd
    Red - 3rd - had to slow down because of Jessie's knee

Blue - Frank is feeling it wants to quit. Megan doesn't want to go on if Frank doesn't. Eventually they call in for a Relief Drop.
    Green - Alanna exhausted - the team takes a rest break - Kevin worried that Alanna may have start of hypothermia
    Red - Jessie wants to call in a medic both Alterik and Jackie are not happy and Jackie yells. Both Alterik and Jackie thinks it is all mental with Jessie. They call the medic and Jessie is flown out of there and Jackie calls Jessie a drama queen. Both Alterik and Jackie are relieved Jessie is gone as she was slowing them down.

Green Team and Red Team get together to climb Dragonfly Ridge. Kevin thinks since Andrea and Alanna are slowing down that being together with Red Team will also slow down the Red Team.
    Blue Team is in third place. Mike takes to the third and encourages them both enough that they are willing to go to the second Supply Drop.

Supply Drop 2
    Green Team - 1st
    Red Team - 2nd
    Blue Team - 3rd

All are within sight of each other. Blue Team is ready to race.
    Brandon arrives and has news for the Red Team. Jessie fractured her knee and tore some ligaments. The Red Team is out of the race. Jackie acknowledges that "we were mean to her but I am not taking responsibility for that. That's not me. Just it's hard to feel like a failure because we didn't finish." They show Jessie in bed at the Wanaka Lakes Health Center. Both Blue and Green Teams have 1:32 left to travel down river on inflatable rafts. Blue Team is impressed with Frank's performance. Both Blue and Green camp for the night.

Day 3

Supply Drop 3
    Green - 1st
    Blue - 2nd
    They get to jet ski to the island in the lake. The GPS will no longer guide them. They have to find the briefcase on the island in the lake.

Both teams climb to the top of the island where they find another little island in a small lake. Green Team gets there first and swims over to the island in freezing water and Andrea climbs to the top and finds the briefcase. Green wins.

Next week back to Fiji.

Episode 7 - Fijian Jungle

Blue Team
    Wade - 24 - Ad Sales Director - Bozeman, MT
    Shelby - 23 - Financial Analyst - Chicago, IL
    Grace - 22 - Marketing Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ

Green Team
    E.J. - 48 - Retired Army Sargent Major - Fayetteville, NC
    Andrea N - 30 - Substitue Teacher - Marietta, GA
    Dameon - 39 - Musician - Los Alamos, NM

Red Team
    Kristin - 43 - Branding Consultant - San Francisco, CA
    Micahel B - 40 - Hotel Concierge - Sherman Oaks, CA
    Rita M - 29 - Alaskan River Guide - Annville, PA

Summary:

72 Hours - Teams & Destinations - TNTDrama

About this episode
    Three teams composed of three strangers begin their adventure by jumping from a helicopter into a river canyon as they enter the humid but stunning interior jungles of Fiji. Starting with only a GPS device, the clothes on their backs and a bottle of water, their ability to survive is put to the test, but even more challenging is their ability to get along as they encounter impenetrably dense rain forests and mountainous peaks while attempting to locate the money first. One team falls deep into a gender based divide while another must physically carry their teammate to avoid losing her to dehydration and exhaustion.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-19-2013 at 02:33 AM.

I have this episode set to record late tonight. Looking forward to it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like how each episode each team arrives a bit differently, this episode is flown in by helicopters and then each person must jump out of and land in water a good 30 ft below.

Day 1 - 10 hours

Raft down river in inflatable rafts for 5 miles to Supply Drop 1.

Rita the river guide manages to fall off with 2 hours left of travel time.

Blue Team is 1st
    Green Team is 2nd
    Red Team is 3rd

Supply Drop 2 is 18 miles away. The teams all head into the jungle to hike a bit and find a camp site for the night. Blue Team is the only team not to have a fire for the night. Both girls are mad at Wade because he promised a fire and did not deliver. He promised fish for breakfast and he got nothing.

Day 2 - 12 hours 37 minutes

Red Team has internal struggle with Michael, Kristin and Rita - Kristin wants to head straight through the jungle Michael was the easier river route.He also lies about seeing the supply drop flag and leads the girls into a river gorge and the girls realize he lied to them and are not happy.

Green Team - Andrea is dropping 2 hours into the day's hike with heat exhaustion. The team asks for a relief drop. Andrea is able to go on.

Blue Team - decides to drink water from the stream that the cows may have pooped in and Wade insists it is OK because he doesn't want to stop for a relief drop. Girls don't want to but end up drinking it. Later they have stomach cramps and end up throwing up the water. Wonder what else they got from the water as a souvenir.

Supply Drop 2
    Blue Team is 1st
    Green Team is 2nd
    Red Team is 3rd

The teams are 42 hours into their adventure. It is 7 miles to the last Supply Drop. But teams need to trek a bit find a camp site and rest for the night. Supply Drop 2 had a hulu skirt, tiki torch and fuel for the tiki torch. Both Red and Green took the hulu skirt to use as tinder and the fuel for the tiki torch to help start a fire. Blue Team didn't as Wade knew best again. Blue did manage to start a fire though.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-21-2013 at 12:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread