Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 72 Hours - TNT

Re: 72 Hours - TNT

There will be 8 episodes all together.

Episode 7 - The Fijian Jungle
    Episode 8 - The Rockies
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Don't forget there will be a new episode airing Friday July 5th at 10:30pm.

Started watching episode 5 - The American Southwest

Some of the attitudes of the girls in regards to the women are so negative that it reminds me of the two guys on the first 2 episodes of Discovery's Naked and Alive. I can't believe Red Guy called one of his partners old and frail. She is 44 he is 32.

At least both Blue Team and Red Team realized that it was important to have a relief drop considering they are in a desert and having water is important.

Day One was a 6 mile hike and a 6,000 foot climb to the first supply drop.
    Red Team is first so they have their supplies plus a relief drop.
    Green Team is second and have their supplies but chose not to have a relief drop to make it to the supply drop before dark.
    Blue Team is third, they are not at the supply drop so have no supplies but have a relief drop.

What always surprises me is that when members of a team can't go on and they don't realize it is because they didn't eat, sleep well, were warm and fed and had water the night before. Green Team.

Has anyone noticed that in both of Discovery's Naked and Alive and this show it has mainly been the men that get injured, the men that collapse. I do think that a majority of people do over sell their skill set. While it was inspiring to see Daniel, the unemployed, 30 yr old stoner who sits all day on the couch (is he collecting government checks BTW - how else does he afford his drugs?) did I really expect him to be able to sustain his run to the briefcase? Not really. He is way out of shape for a 30 yr old. BTW it is kinda embarrassing when you say you used to be a marine and have all sorts of survival skills and you can't make a camp, can't start a fire even with a flint and then the little blonde girl starts it the first time at the flint..well you know...it does make you look like a (just fill in the blank here folks).
    TripleGemini likes this.

Blue Team
    Daniel 30 Unemployed, Pekin, IN - Hippie Stoner
    Lori 24 Account Executive, Pioneer, LA
    Peter 24 Personal Trainer, Queens, NY

Green Team
    Courtney 26 Stylist, St. Paul, MN
    Shawn 41 Financial Consultant, Lyons, NY
    Tony 46 Tattoo Artist, Detroit, MI

Red Team
    Andrew 32 Duck Boat Tour Guide, Boston, MA - sexist a$$
    Breanna 23 Server, Chicago, IL found out she has a heart condition
    Cathy 44 Full-Time Mom, LaVerne, CA
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-06-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Day 2

Red Team puts out fire with extra water.
    Green Team spent the night with no relief drop, no water, no food
    Blue Team gets to the first supply drop

To get to Supply Drop 2 the teams must
    canoe 6 miles
    hike 5 miles
    climb to an elevation of 8,000 ft above sea level

Red Team females frustrated with Duck Boat Alpha Male, who has problems with directions. They get turned around and meet up with Red Team and Duck Boat Male tells us that he does not expect any competition from the Hippie, Blondie or the Metro-sexual.

All teams are in the canoes.
    Blue overturns.
    Green overturns.
    Red overturns.

After 33 hours
    Red Team gets to the second supply drop first
    Blue Team is second
    Green Team is third

Blue Team is setting up camp for the night and Lori/Blondie is getting fed up with Daniel/Hippie who claims he was a marine and has all these survival skills, can set up camp and start a fire and yet can't start a fire even with the matches and flint provided. Finally he lets Lori/Blondie try and viola first try she starts a fire.

Day 3

52 hours - both Blue and Red Teams have traveled 23 miles. Green Team is requesting a relief drop as Tony the tattoo artist can't go on. After a wait of at least 2 hours Tony finally is able to go on.

The teams need to travel 5 miles and climb 7000 ft about sea level to get to the briefcase.

Red Team takes the high route.
    Blue Team takes the low route.
    Green Team reaches a dead end and must back track.

Red Team and Blue Team both get on top of the hill and both are racing to the briefcase. Red Team wins.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I watched a couple of episodes and really liked it. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch it on TNT because I don't have a provider they mentioned. I did watch the episodes on Slice, but they only have three of them posted. Just a couple of comments on the first two episodes.
    Episode 1: I like that it was a come behind win for the green team. The playing smart, not hard, won it for them.
    Episode 2: In this case, it was how they worked as a team that made all the difference. Cupcake and woman on the team were so INCREDIBLY supportive and encouraging when it came to their out of shape and belligerent team-mate. I think that is what made the difference. All three were so deserving of the prize.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

episode 6 - July 12 at 10:00 pm – New Zealand Alps

I like how Jackie of the Red Team acknowledges how mean she was to the girl who fractured her kneecap but she doesn't take any responsibility to it. WTF. All I can say just another POS human being.

Can someone explain to me how being mean, insulting and bullying to a team member is supposed to help motivate that person especially if you have to work together as a team to win???
    Florimel, justCoz and spockwhat like this.

Agree completely, Bearcata. That woman on the red team acted despicably and clearly felt no shame for her behavior when she found out the other woman had indeed had a severe injury and kept on trying in spite of it. I can't answer your question because bullying and spiteful behavior is never a motivating tool, at least for me.

The green team, on the other hand, supported each other all the way and gave helping hands to each other when needed. Result: victory. I was delighted to see them win.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread