+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 72 Hours - TNT

Re: 72 Hours - TNT

Well, I guess mother nature showed the teams who was boss tonight. You don't fool with hypothermia.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Right you are. If the ones who would have listened to their teammates with more sense and taken relief when they needed it, at least one of those two teams might have been able to go on. Same thing as last week with the personal trainer who wouldn't listen to anyone.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was surprised at the twist last night after both the Red Team and Blue Team dropped out.

When you think about it both teams imploded because of one team member being to aggressive and unsympathetic and stupid and not listening to the needs of their teammates.
    Florimel likes this.

According to the wiki Flinder's Island is supposed to have a Mediterranean climate.

Episode 4 - Flinders Island

Teams are flown in on seaplanes then transferred to inflatable boats and ride to the beach where they meet the host, Brandon Johnson.

Blue Team
    Gil - 25 - warehouse supervisor - "I feel like I am a natural born alpha male, I will be the leader....people won't like me and I don't care." - wants the money to move his family to better quarters.
    Van - 56 - personal trainer - already knows he and Gil will butt heads.
    Lauren - 27 - full time mom - recent cancer survivor

Red Team
    David - 27 - attorney - hates conflict
    Eric - 35 - sous chef - recently lost 60lbs - not in good shape
    Lache - 30 - track coach - went to the Olympic trials and didn't do well, feels this adventure is redemption for her

Green Team
    Valeria - 23 - dental office manager
    Palar - 22 - waitress - wants the money to help her recently divorced mom
    Claude - 46 - Owns a pest control company

Green Team seems to have the best dynamic.

Immediately Lache is dissing Eric and David is concerned that Eric can't run or speed walk. I think Eric already feels Lache's distain.

Both Blue and Red Teams are going to have issues as Gil and Lache are so focused with winning that they are not taking into consideration that the only way they can win is as a team and they are not taking care of the team dynamic and are showing open disdain of their teammates.

Gill is also a snob, nobody has it as tough as him. No one has his drive.

End of day one about 3 hours 47 minutes left Blue Team calls for a Relief Drop. Gil feels as if his teammates are deadweight and he wanted to continue to run through the night. I guess he missed the part about no racing when it is dark. Gil also made comments bout Lauren has everythiing she needs. She has money and is not willing to sacrifice everything like he is. I guess the part about her being a military wife has not been discussed and being a recent cancer survivor has not come up.

Lache and David continue to walk ahead of Eric and diss him.

Day 2
    The teams have the options of swimming across the inlet (which Gil keeps calling a river) or walk around the beach. All the teams have members that want to swim across but only Blue Team does it. (Red Team - Eric's hip is hurting and he doesn't want to swim.) The water is very cold and water gets into their dry bag. Someone didn't seal it properly??? Still all their clothes are soaked with salt water. Then the temperature drops and it starts to rain. Green Team is covered with a tarp and are cold and wet and call for a Relief Drop. Both David and Lache and shaking and numb and Eric calls in a Relief Drop. Blue Team was in 1st place but is suffering from wet and cold and drops into 2nd place but they don't call for a Relief Drop. It's Day 2 they could have another??? Both Lauren and Van seem to be suffering from the beginning of hypothermia...eventually they call in Brandon and both Lauren and Van decide to quit, Gil is very dissappointed in his teammates. Uh... well Gil if you hadn't pushed for the swim you would not have gotten soaked and had had dry clothes when it started raining? Partly your fault.

Day 3
    Green Team is in 1st place with Red in second.
    Eric is getting irritated with Lache who has the GPS and can't seem to navigate at all. Finally Eric says his hip hurts too much and does not want to injure himself and calls in Brandon to quit. Brandon comes to talk to him and asks Eric if he feels bad about taking the opportunity away from his teammates. Eric says that it is obvious that Lache doesn't care about him at all and so he is OK with not going on. David doesn't like it but he also realizes that Lache does not care about Eric's health. Lache I think feels that David is a hypocrite defending Eric because he has also dissed him to her. The result Red Team quits.

Brandon greets Green Team at Supply Drop 3 and tells them they are in first place but they are the only team left in the competition. At this point I was expecting him to tell them they have won. But no there is a twist. They will now continue to compete but as individuals and winner take all.

The helicopter drops of ATV's (all terrain vehicles) for each person and off they go to the base of some mountains and then they have to climb up to find the briefcase.

It is pretty much neck to neck until Claude has a couple of slips and falls and Palar decides that she wouldn't be there but for Claude taking care of her and Valeria so she tells him it will be him and her to the end. Valeria had taken off and was climbing the mountain and found the briefcase and won all the money.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-29-2013 at 05:39 PM.

There will be a new episode airing July 5 at 1030pm. It will be in the American Southwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was surprised at the twist last night after both the Red Team and Blue Team dropped out.
    So was I. I would have preferred that the team stayed intact and all three would have split the money provided they finished the challenge. It didn't seem fair to me that two of them were punished for sticking with it.
    justCoz likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    So was I. I would have preferred that the team stayed intact and all three would have split the money provided they finished the challenge. It didn't seem fair to me that two of them were punished for sticking with it.
    Especially since when one person quit on the other teams they all had to quit. So far it's been about the team finishing. I didn't like the twist at all because it's supposed to be a team thing and even the girl that won most likely wouldn't have without her teammates help. I can understand them having to finish the challenge to 'earn' the money. That alone would have been an accomplishment since obviously the conditions were brutal.

It's interesting to watch last week's and this weeks show and seeing how just one person on a team pushing through and not being compassionate to their teammate has back-fired so badly for them.

+ Reply to Thread