+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 72 Hours - TNT

Re: 72 Hours - TNT

Finally it was On Demand and I just finished watching it. I don't get some of these folks yelling abuse at total strangers is not a form of motivation. Glad Red Team won. I do think if Jasmine let her team have supply drops at the end of the day and listen to them occasionally they would have won. The stupidest thing you can do is climb up and down mountains versus going around them. The energy expended going up and down is enormous especially in a hot environment when you have no food or water.
    cavendish likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

On my tv it said it would air on July 5th, I found that strange since you people saw it. Guess that is Canadian tv for you?

The new episode aired on Friday night for me. Relatively happy with the winners this week. I would have preferred blue team winning but that girl brought her team down.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I was surprised that the blue team just plunged ahead mindlessly, no matter how dumb it was-- wonder if it was one of those things where men need to prove that anything a woman can do, they can do better. Except it turned out they couldn't. I have to say Jasamina (?) was a marvel of physical strength and stamina-- but apparently, had only one setting, ie "forward"-- and no clue what teamwork was. Since what looks to be a straight line between two places is not always the quickest way to get between them, the other two should have told her to pipe down while they figured out the best way to go. Guess the guys forgot that the brain is not made of muscle tissue.

The green (?) team guy who was screaming at the sick guy also sealed his own fate. Not only do some people have no concept of being a team, but are completely lacking any empathy. I was really horrified at how quickly the sick guy was made into a pariah by the other two. I also couldnt' believe that cut-finger guy thought the way to get the sick guy to find the will to persevere, was to curse him out, ridicule and head butt him. Obviously the sick guy was so pissed off at the way his teammates reacted to how sick he was the first day, that he literally wanted (unconsciously I assume) to get away from them asap--. I think that's why he couldn't go on.

I was actually glad the red team,who had had to really extend one another some understanding-- and had to dig deep-- won. Don't think the blue female jock will learn anything from it-- actually-- but at least a team that showed some real teamwork won the money.

I was surprised that (red team) body builder did not offer to carry Alaska Girl when she just collapsed.

Yes-- I was really surprised also! -- or at least I though he would pick her up and see if she could get going with some help. But I think he was pretty hung up about the situation-- being with two women who were basically more competent than he was-- and kind of at a loss- even though it seems like it would have been such a natural thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Yes-- I was really surprised also! -- or at least I though he would pick her up and see if she could get going with some help. But I think he was pretty hung up about the situation-- being with two women who were basically more competent than he was-- and kind of at a loss- even though it seems like it would have been such a natural thing to do.
    That is exactly what the Fireman did in the last episode to the girl who fell off the horse he carried her piggy back.

72 Hours – episode 3 – Lanai, Hawaii
    Red Team
    Matt 22 – body builder
    Aimee 22 – model
    Rebecca 35 – attorney

Blue
    Jasamina 26 – personal trainer
    Mike 27 – conservative radio host
    Andrew 22 – waiter

Green Tem
    Jason 41 – retired prison guard
    Davina 31 – valet
    Jordan 21 – extreme sports promoter

Had to raft to beach, Rebecca falls off the raft and Matt complains about it in his confessional.
    Supply Drop 1:
    Blue Team first to beach,
    Green Team second
    Red Team last.

Blue Team takes all supplies except iron pot.
    Green Team took all supplies.
    Red Team left behind rope.
    13 miles to next supply drop.

Green Team – Jason lost bottom of shoe, Jordan is sick (heat exhaustion). Both Davina and Jason make negative comments to Jordan. Jason says Jordan is dead weight to him. Later they call in a relief drop

Red Team – Matt complains about being hungry and losing muscle mass, they call for a relief drop.

Blue Team – men want to stop and get food and water, Jasmina insists on going on.

Day 2 - 12:30 hours of daylight

Matt arguing with both women, says he is hungry and cranky.

Jason cuts his thumb and they have to medically evacuate him. If Jason cannot be returned to the game the other two have to forfeit.

Supply Drop 2

Matt is depressed thinks they are last arrives at supply drop and they are team 2. Call in a Relief Drop. Rebecca explains that there strategy is to take advantage of the relief drops and get needed food and water.
    Green Team shows up. Jordan wants a Relief Drop and Davina yells no at him. They bring Jason back.

Blue Team: Both Mike and Andrew want a Relief Drop Jasmina says no let’s keep going. Andrew is puking and has the shakes. Then Mike starts puking. Jasmina still refuses to call a Relief Drop so no food and no water.

Day 3
    Red Team: Slept in the Supply Drop crate, drops off all their heavy equipment and goes.

The terrain to Supply Drop 3 is very hilly, lots of hills and canyons. You can either go straight or detour to the beach. Jasmina insists on going straight.
    Green Team is in first place. Again Jordan asks for a Relief Drop and again he is refused. So he says I am done (he does not want to injure himself). Jason calls him a quitter. Davina starts yelling at him. They call in the copter ..see if they had just done the Relief Drop instead all would be good but no, Jason and Davina are both yelling and cussing at Jordan. Blue Team hears it, sees it and walks on past and that just makes Jason and Davina go on even more. At 52 hours in Jordan officially quits. Jason pokes him in the chest with a mat and Jordan explodes. Lots of pushing and shoving and all I am thinking if you just let guy have a Relief Drop none of this would have happened and you probably would still be in the lead.

Green Team is officially out of the competition.

Blue Team: Mike wants to go to the beach, Jasmina wants to go straight. They go straight.

Red Team: Aimee and Rebecca decide to go to the beach. Matt wants to know if they can refill the water bottles in the ocean. Both ladies tell him no as the ocean is full of salt water.

Blue Team: Very tough going. Mike wants to go to the beach. Jasmina realizes that going straight was not the best idea.

Red Team gets to the beach and all take a quick swim. Aimee sees the red windsock that marks the last Supply Drop. They run down the beach and find out they are in first place. They get into a 16’ inflatable raft with an outboard engine and head out to Shipwreck Beach. After they land the raft they start running down the beach, Aimee collapses about ½ mile from the shipwreck. Her body has shutdown. What I don’t understand is why Matt didn’t offer to carry her piggyback style. Rebecca finally hugs Aimee and tells her to think of her mom. Aimee gets up and all run toward the shipwreck. Blue Team has arrived at the beach and is only a bit behind. Red Team gets to the briefcase first and wins.

TNT has moved 72 Hours to Friday.

episode 4 - June 28 at 10:15pm – Flinder’s Island Tasmania

episode 5 - July 5 at 10:30pm – American Southwest

episode 6 - July 12 at 10:30pm – New Zealand Alps

Don't forget it is on tonight at 10:15pm.

+ Reply to Thread