+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 72 Hours - TNT

Re: 72 Hours - TNT

Shoepie, not every thread gets a lot of response as far as posts but folks do read about it. I personally like this show, much better than it's companion The Hero. I like the direct competition and the added bonus of 3 total strangers racing against each other and a chance to see a beautiful part of the world. I am surprised Red Team won with dead weight Eric M. His arrogance in his initial one on one confessional spelled his doom to me. He seems a weird personality of anger and brains. While I admire brains I will never understand that the brains and brawns folks don't realize that it is the entire package that a human needs to survive. I did find that the Red Star Shirt female and the Blue South Boston female to be intolerable females and bullies. I don't understand folks applying for these adventure shows and not preparing for them ala Eric M and Got My Nails Done Blue female. Although Green Team Blonde Bimbo from last week was a surprise and was responsible for her team winning.
    Punkin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Bearcata, I agree with almost everything you say, except that I don't consider last week's blonde to be a bimbo in any sense of the word. She contributed as much or more than any of them to the win. She had her moment of feeling ill early on, but after that, I thought she was great. I agree with you about the nastiness of the red and blue team females you mentioned. They were bulllies. I think Eric wasn't really arrogant except for his opening confessional, but I also think he was completely unprepared for what he was going to face and was probably extremely scared. I don't think he should have been cast in the first place. Just looking at him, I did not except him to be able to begin to keep up with the physical challenges.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I just watched the first episode. I wouldn't have known about it except for this thread. It was okay. I like the fact that each episode stands on its own. I'm not quite sure what I didn't like about it - it just didn't grab me. I'll probably watch the second episode to give it another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Bearcata, I agree with almost everything you say, except that I don't consider last week's blonde to be a bimbo in any sense of the word. She contributed as much or more than any of them to the win. She had her moment of feeling ill early on, but after that, I thought she was great. I agree with you about the nastiness of the red and blue team females you mentioned. They were bulllies. I think Eric wasn't really arrogant except for his opening confessional, but I also think he was completely unprepared for what he was going to face and was probably extremely scared. I don't think he should have been cast in the first place. Just looking at him, I did not except him to be able to begin to keep up with the physical challenges.
    I nicked named her a Blonde Bimbo because I am terrible at names and I knew who she was when I referred to her that way. Also in the first leg her own male team mate refereed to her as a princess and then of course they showed her owing when her hair got caught and having a hard time getting through the jungle and of course getting sick. I must admit day 2 and day 3 she picked up and proved that she was smart and could keep up. I never did have negative thoughts about her and I have to give her team credit for not bashing her. I do think being that physically active in such extreme temperatures and little food and water even if you are very physically fit your body will rebel and let you know that you are not always in charge what you do after that happens is what determines your fate in the game. Blonde Bimbo did not complain, she took charge of the GPS and kept up with her teammates and was smart enough to go to the closest spot on land before getting into the water.

FORT Fogey

For me Tahiti and New Zealand appeared interchangable. There was nothing much to see other than heavy brush, steep hills and water. It could have been anywhere. Different landscape would be interesting. Maybe they will change that in the future episodes.

I am not so sure how real this is. Camera and sound people are following them everywhere and have to position themselves so pauses and retakes are inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    For me Tahiti and New Zealand appeared interchangable. There was nothing much to see other than heavy brush, steep hills and water. It could have been anywhere. Different landscape would be interesting. Maybe they will change that in the future episodes.

I am not so sure how real this is. Camera and sound people are following them everywhere and have to position themselves so pauses and retakes are inevitable.

EPISODE 1
    Yasawa Islands, Fiji

EPISODE 2
    Lost Coast of New Zealand

EPISODE 3
    Lana'i, Hawaii

Was there no new episode on this week or did I miss it?

It was on.

It repeated Friday evening and will be on at 1230am Sunday morning.

There was movie on the channel for me instead of a new episode and I have it on season pass.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I watched the new episode, too, which I had dvr'd. It took place in Hawaii.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread