+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

The Hero - TNT - TNTDrama

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson brings to TNT an epic competition testing the strength, courage, and integrity of a diverse group of nine individuals. Each week, the contestants will be tested, physically, mentally, and morally, as they try to prove that they truly deserve the title of "The Hero" and the life-changing grand prize that goes with it. With temptations around every corner, America watches to see what the contestants are willing to overcome, undergo, and sacrifice on behalf of themselves and others. In the end, it's America's call on who will be "The Hero."
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

I have it set to tape. I can't watch The Rock before bed...my blood pressure can't take it
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

As a huge WWE fan I love me the rock. I am afraid of high bridges so I felt for Patti. I would scale a bridge though no problem if I got to hug the Rock afterwards lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I absolutely love the Rock, but did not feel this show. Maybe it was the contestants since there is not one on there that is really likeable IMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I can see how folks are not feeling the show the mix of personalities is off putting I feel as if this is Big Brother not Survivor feel to it. What gets me is after over 10 yrs of reality tv you need to know yourself and how you come across in the one to one confessionals especially in this particular show where the viewers are the ones who will vote who wins. People forget even in a physical challenge show social skills are important in group survival. There are already three loud and abrasive personalities and two are obvious bullies.

Lydia - ignores Athena's hello when she first enters the penthouse. You just made a potential enemy. Then you announce you would take the money. You made yourself a big target and told everyone you are not trustworthy. I notice how her description is fitness trainer although her bio says also personal trainer. As a personal trainer you need to be able to relate to your clients she is not a people person.

Marty - big guy, big mouth, bully. I can do it, I can do it. You proved that on your first challenge. Canon fodder.

Shaun - big guy, big mouth, bully. Cynical, thinks too much, obvious he doesn't trust people and he wonders why folks think of him a villain and not hero.

All three have set themselves up as bad guys and I don't want them to win.

Darnell - why are you targeting Charles? Don't like it.

Rachel - she's teacher, oh that is why she is so good at mediating.

Athena - level head.

Patty - the crybaby mom, underdog, looks weak, but I see potential.

Dave - I like Dave, how he presents himself, but I think he has some issues deep down. His revealing that he waited late to marry and she cheated on him. Wanna bet that she was a blonde babe and a bit age difference? He was finally willing to open up emotionally and picked the wrong person.

Charles - the SWAT officer. You wouldn't know if from the way he carries himself. That is not meant to be a put down just that he doesn't have the gung ho attitude that you see a lot. He is a thinker.
    Punkin, dzigner and AmyKay like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I think the problem with reality shows today is the contestants come on the show already planning the type of personality they want to be. Everyone now wants to be the person who gets all the attention, Omarosa etc.
    Florimel likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Really excellent assessments of the contestants, Bearcata! I have no idea who The Rock is, except that I have seen him a lot lately in trailers for his new movie. I'm surprised to find that I like him, though at first I was sure he was not my type of celebrity personality. He seems to be very nice and supportive of the contestants.

Lydia is one heck of an idiot! Who will ever, ever trust her? Plus, she seems pretty full of herself. I think I'm liking Charles at this point. And, yeah, what's with Darnell?

I'm happy to see anything new and will watch this and 72 Hours. Anything to fill my time 'til Big Brother starts.

I was also surprised to find I started to like The Rock because I can't stand pro wrestling. My son, who does like it, educated me a bit about Dwayne Johnson and then I started to see him in a few movies and was impressed. I don't care for his political leanings, but I do know he does a lot of charity work, especially with terminally ill children. He was played defensive tackle for the Miami U Hurricans and was headed for the NFL, but an injury put an end to that. With two parents who had been wrestlers, he went with that until he turned to acting and retired.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have been a fan of the Rock forever. I was a fan of his father before him. I have had the privilege of meeting him backstage of WWE wrestling and he is a stand up guy. He loves his fans and will sign autographs and the pictures with a smile on his face.

I love how he was with Patti. If you are on twitter you will always see him with his fans. He is a big guy but he has a large heart.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Episode 2 - two temptations

Shaun has a huge chip on his shoulder ... took the $35,000. Do I blame him? No not really. This game has huge social component and I don't think the contestants realize that although after losing this hero challenge they may.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast