+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Re: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    They did not show that confrontation with Charles about his profession till episode 5. And that confrontation happened in Episode 2. So how was anybody supposed to know about that confrontation.
    They may not have show that particular confrontation until ep 5 but in ep 1 Darnell is attacking Charlie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    By the editing you can tell that the producers really want Darnell or Patty to win the grand prize.

The perception is that doctor Dave doesn't need the money because he's a doctor.
    That the tasks are too easy for Charles since he's SWAT so he's doing nothing heroic.
    And there is little sympathy for Lydia.
    Athena is just the dumb cheerleader.
    And Marty looks too much like the hero physically.

So that leaves Patty and Darnell as the everyman ordinary person with families. And the producers want America to pick them to win. Those two will probably be in the final 3 (no matter how sneaky Darnell is) on the last episode where the audience votes.
    The producers don't give a crap who wins. They cannot manipulate the game that way else the FCC will be down on them. All the producers have to do is set up a situation, cast some jerks and sit back and film people being greedy and backstabbing. That is the entire point of reality tv folks will provide memorable moments.

I think Patty and Marty might be eliminated soon. Patty because, so far, she's become a pretty big threat for the prize money, due to having integrity, and Marty because he's never hesitated to "do the right thing".

Regarding Lydia eliminating Rachel, I think it has something to do with the animosity that's been brewing between Athena and everybody else in the house; they probably just don't want Athena to be in some sort of alliance, so they're eliminating the other players who side with her because they think she won't be a factor in the final vote.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I think Patty and Marty might be eliminated soon. Patty because, so far, she's become a pretty big threat for the prize money, due to having integrity, and Marty because he's never hesitated to "do the right thing".

Regarding Lydia eliminating Rachel, I think it has something to do with the animosity that's been brewing between Athena and everybody else in the house; they probably just don't want Athena to be in some sort of alliance, so they're eliminating the other players who side with her because they think she won't be a factor in the final vote.
    Believe me Lydia wasn't getting my vote from day one. On the other hand I hate bullies and I hate cliques which unfortunately tends to have me empathize with Athena.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Believe me Lydia wasn't getting my vote from day one. On the other hand I hate bullies and I hate cliques which unfortunately tends to have me empathize with Athena.
    I get that, ultimately, this is going to end up as a popularity contest, but my understanding of the rules is that is that the audience is being asked to vote for who has been the most like a hero, and in that case, I'd be hard-pressed to vote for Athena based on those parameters, since, as far as I can tell, she hasn't really done anything heroic.

I mean, despite her bouts of crying, at least Patty has acquiesced to being tear gassed so another participant wouldn't have to be. What exactly has Athena done that could really be qualified as heroic? Again, I get that you sympathize with Athena, but again, within the parameters of the competition, should she really be getting your vote (regardless of whether she'll actually have it)?
    Florimel and TripleGemini like this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Tonight was "Endurance" episode 6.

I just watched the first 10 minutes or so and this was a perfect example of Marty not acting like a hero. "I must go on this challenge" and when Athena fights to go he pouts and has a tantrum and then grudgingly says she can go as if he is in charge and passive aggressively trying to make Athena feel guilty for wanting to go. If Athena is offered the $80,000 I hope she takes it and bids these folks Sayonara. When Marty acts this way he is nothing but a bully. Physically he may be brave but mentally he is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I get that, ultimately, this is going to end up as a popularity contest, but my understanding of the rules is that is that the audience is being asked to vote for who has been the most like a hero, and in that case, I'd be hard-pressed to vote for Athena based on those parameters, since, as far as I can tell, she hasn't really done anything heroic.

I mean, despite her bouts of crying, at least Patty has acquiesced to being tear gassed so another participant wouldn't have to be. What exactly has Athena done that could really be qualified as heroic? Again, I get that you sympathize with Athena, but again, within the parameters of the competition, should she really be getting your vote (regardless of whether she'll actually have it)?
    From what I have seen no one has been heroic based mostly on how they behaved to the others in the group. Any final vote will be based on who I think is least objectable.
    TripleGemini and Babbred like this.

About half way through the episode. Liked that Charles picked Patty. She did well and it made Charles look good. It's also interesting to watch Doctor Dave be so sneaky and strategic. He just manages to do so without being too obvious and without pissing the team off like Shaun did.

Gee...Marty how long can you pout? Grown man and yeah are you a sore loser. He did a bit of damage control in the boardroom saying it was his competitive spirit. Yeah, right and I have a bridge to sell. Whatever happened to good sportsmanship.

FORT Newbie

Dave has zero chance at this point. He's delusional in thinking people like him.

Who will Charles eliminate? (I can kind of narrow it down from the trailer but won't talk about that here).
    He will not eliminate Lydia because Lydia always voted for him in the Hero's challenge.
    Marty and Patty will not be eliminated because they are a package.
    Dave is Charles' roommate.

So that leaves Darnell and Athena?
    Both have taken money though Darnell took more.
    And Charles and Darnell have had confrontation.
    Also Darnell is more of a threat to win because he is likeable with all his talking.
    I think the smart move would be to get rid of Darnell.

FORT Newbie

The pot is actually pretty huge now. $510K I think.

+ Reply to Thread