+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Re: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Oh, yeah, I caught that...but while the "lie detector" part was bogus, the rest of it was legit (relatively speaking), which is why they showed us the snippets that proved that someone had lied. (I still can't figure out how Rachel didn't know she was lying...Darnell's was a kind of throwaway comment, but Rachel really did say that Athena "road her coattails" (or something like that.)
    I saw this all the time when I used to watch Judge Judy...that in their heads certain verbiage meant this and not that and so as far as they were concerned they didn't say that but others perception is that is what was meant.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The reason I had a bit of a problem with Lydia's decision is that earlier in the episode she is discussing who she might eliminate by saying that the cancers in the house need to go. By that statement I assumed that she meant Shauna and Athena as those two have had targets on their back practically from day one. What I don't get is that Lydia is so confrontational from day one that I am surprised everyone tolerates her and not Shaun and Athena who also have no problem expressing themselves as far as what they think folks would do and about taking the money. Lydia has said similar things and yet she is not targeted like Shaun and Athena are. I also think Lydia is very judgmental and her definitions of what is what is very, very narrow and then she turns around and keeps the cancer/snake and eliminates a person who "lied" yet Darnell another person who "lied" never came up in her internal discussion??? Rachel appears to be well like in the house and acts as a mediator and I think was one of the strongest contenders for the title of "The Hero".

I think folks need to watch out for Darnell, Patty and Dave because they are the quiet ones but they are thinking about the game and how to stay. Marty is too much the "bull in the china shop" and while earnest he doesn't have the right combination and brains to be "The Hero". Charles is too self doubting of himself and lacks the quiet self confidence that is needed to be "The Hero". Lydia's a judgmental beyotch and has no empathy or diplomacy. Athena is a long shot because of the target on her back from practically day one and she is too busy fighting that for us to really she the real her.

With only 3 episodes left I am leaning to voting for either Patty or Athena.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I remember Shaun costing the team (by taking the money in the first challenge of the (second?) episode, which meant that one of the teams had to keep running to find their clue, so that there wasn't enough time for the three people to push the car, and then Darnell only had half the time to complete the Hero's Challenge), but I don't remember Darnell doing something like that. (And I thought that was the only Hero's Challenge where there was a time penalty, other than the last one where they lost 10 minutes because of lying.)

And the lie I was referring to was in the lie detector test...Darnell said that he'd never insulted someone's profession, and then when they said there was one lie, owned up to it.
    Rachel didn't think she was lying either.
    The main difference was that the editors decided to hide the fact that Darnell had a confrontation with Charles till this show and after the lie while in Rachel's case they showed her lie from episode two a long time ago. So the audience is already predisposed to like Darnell by the editing. The audience didn't even know Darnell was lying when he said the lie because they had never scene the clip from episode one.

If you look at Darnell's confrontation with Charles that is on the TNT website (It's alot longer) he doesn't come off as looking very good.

Darnell was attacking Charles from day one.
    TripleGemini likes this.

Oh, I thought when Lydia was attempting to solve the riddle she had already had "A Hero is born not" figured out and it didn't make any sense that she had to take 3 tries to solve it at the end. Also it took the majority of her time to find the first 3 images and yet she found the last 3 and solved the puzzle in less then 10 minutes or so. I think the time they are showing up on the screen is really screwed. It really doesn't affect the outcome but it seems the editors are trying to mess with the audience as far as creating suspense. They really don't have to, I don't think they need to and it just seems off that a person takes 80% of their time doing only 30% of the task and miraculously manages to find all this speed and energy in the last few minutes to complete the majority of the task.

FORT Newbie

By the editing you can tell that the producers really want Darnell or Patty to win the grand prize.

The perception is that doctor Dave doesn't need the money because he's a doctor.
    That the tasks are too easy for Charles since he's SWAT so he's doing nothing heroic.
    And there is little sympathy for Lydia.
    Athena is just the dumb cheerleader.
    And Marty looks too much like the hero physically.

So that leaves Patty and Darnell as the everyman ordinary person with families. And the producers want America to pick them to win. Those two will probably be in the final 3 (no matter how sneaky Darnell is) on the last episode where the audience votes.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Darnell was attacking Charles from day one.
    They did not show that confrontation with Charles about his profession till episode 5. And that confrontation happened in Episode 2. So how was anybody supposed to know about that confrontation.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, I thought when Lydia was attempting to solve the riddle she had already had "A Hero is born not" figured out and it didn't make any sense that she had to take 3 tries to solve it at the end. Also it took the majority of her time to find the first 3 images and yet she found the last 3 and solved the puzzle in less then 10 minutes or so. I think the time they are showing up on the screen is really screwed. It really doesn't affect the outcome but it seems the editors are trying to mess with the audience as far as creating suspense. They really don't have to, I don't think they need to and it just seems off that a person takes 80% of their time doing only 30% of the task and miraculously manages to find all this speed and energy in the last few minutes to complete the majority of the task.
    Yup they do that will all the challenges. Have you noticed how on almost every Hero or Team Challenge except Marty's swimming challenge the guys barely make it by a couple seconds.

FORT Newbie

The favoritism to Darnell and Patty also explains why Charles gets all dramatic every show about wanting to do the challenges he can't do. Because he's playing the game and understands that that's the only way for him to do something heroic. If he does something he does in his everyday SWAT life it's not going to be considered heroic by the audience.

+ Reply to Thread