+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Re: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Thanks. Again, though, these people mystify me. You said that they ignored Shaun even before he took the money. What in the Sam Hill is wrong with these people that they would shoot themselves in the foot like that? Man, these are one screwed up bunch of people. I have zero sympathy for anyone except Athena and maybe Lydia at this point.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Newbie

The funny thing is that the criteria they used for eliminating Shaun was that he took the money. But when Darnell took the money it was "Yay!, one for the good guys".

Then the criteria Lydia used for eliminating Rachel was that she lied. But two people lied during the lie detector. One was Rachel. The other was Darnell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Then the criteria Lydia used for eliminating Rachel was that she lied. But two people lied during the lie detector. One was Rachel. The other was Darnell.
    But Darnell owned up to it right away. Rachel never did.

First of all that lie detector exam was so bogus that the producers must of just referred to the actual film to see what someone said or did.

I am at the point if I could vote all the money to the Red Cross I would. I think all of these folks are bunch of bozos. I think the only honest folks I have seen so far are Athena and Rachel.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    But Darnell owned up to it right away. Rachel never did.
    Darnell lied. He cost his team a time penalty in the Heros Challenge. If it wasn't for Lydia being so smart and not carrying the rocks in her backpack she would have failed the challenge because of Darnell and Rachel and would have been eliminated.

People keep making excuses for Darnell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    First of all that lie detector exam was so bogus that the producers must of just referred to the actual film to see what someone said or did.

That's exactly what I thought! First of all, a lie detector only measures things like increased heart rate. IOW, signs of nervousness. It's been proven over and over that a savvy person can beat it by just staying calm. I wondered at the time whether that tech guy was really monitoring their vitals or just faking it. What if somebody had steeled themselves to remain calm and lie? Would they have still gotten busted, just because the test was a phony all along? Interesting to contemplate...Also, the tech guy didn't identify who lied. A really good contestant would have just kept their poker face on and watched the others fall apart.

I am at the point if I could vote all the money to the Red Cross I would. I think all of these folks are bunch of bozos. I think the only honest folks I have seen so far are Athena and Rachel.

Amen and amen!

As for the Darnell/Shaun thing, it's creepy how they keep making excuses for Darnell but target others they don't like. It's like watching one of those old Afterschool Specials, where high schoolers are brainwashed to think like a herd and exclude somebody for no reason. I mean, ok, Shaun indirectly made them loose the Team Challenge in Epi 2. But as you brilliantly pointed out, Rock, they had only themselves to blame. Shaun was probably the most qualified person in the apartment for that challenge and yet they deliberately excluded him. I am still totally baffled about what the Sam Hill he had done to them to make them hate him so irrationally.

And they have even less reason to hate Athena. As I said above, her taking the money arguably didn't affect the Team Challenge in a significant way. Any of the contestants could have gone in there and dealt with the snakes. And yet they hate her irrationally, too, while loving Darnell, who did "hurt" them by taking money straight out of their hands. Like I said, creepy...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Newbie

Two Face Doctor Dave and the clique plot against Sean and Athena bonus footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS5v...xm3GPl0xgRM72g

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Darnell lied. He cost his team a time penalty in the Heros Challenge. If it wasn't for Lydia being so smart and not carrying the rocks in her backpack she would have failed the challenge because of Darnell and Rachel and would have been eliminated.

People keep making excuses for Darnell.
    I remember Shaun costing the team (by taking the money in the first challenge of the (second?) episode, which meant that one of the teams had to keep running to find their clue, so that there wasn't enough time for the three people to push the car, and then Darnell only had half the time to complete the Hero's Challenge), but I don't remember Darnell doing something like that. (And I thought that was the only Hero's Challenge where there was a time penalty, other than the last one where they lost 10 minutes because of lying.)

And the lie I was referring to was in the lie detector test...Darnell said that he'd never insulted someone's profession, and then when they said there was one lie, owned up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I remember Shaun costing the team (by taking the money in the first challenge of the (second?) episode, which meant that one of the teams had to keep running to find their clue, so that there wasn't enough time for the three people to push the car, and then Darnell only had half the time to complete the Hero's Challenge), but I don't remember Darnell doing something like that. (And I thought that was the only Hero's Challenge where there was a time penalty, other than the last one where they lost 10 minutes because of lying.)

And the lie I was referring to was in the lie detector test...Darnell said that he'd never insulted someone's profession, and then when they said there was one lie, owned up to it.
    Yeah, but from his expression you can tell he didn't think he did lie. That is why this is such a bogus lie detector test because when you knowing lie the sensors are supposed to pick up the physical changes in your physiology . Darnell didn't think he had lied so there would not have been any changes in his body to detect.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yeah, but from his expression you can tell he didn't think he did lie. That is why this is such a bogus lie detector test because when you knowing lie the sensors are supposed to pick up the physical changes in your physiology . Darnell didn't think he had lied so there would not have been any changes in his body to detect.
    Oh, yeah, I caught that...but while the "lie detector" part was bogus, the rest of it was legit (relatively speaking), which is why they showed us the snippets that proved that someone had lied. (I still can't figure out how Rachel didn't know she was lying...Darnell's was a kind of throwaway comment, but Rachel really did say that Athena "road her coattails" (or something like that.)

+ Reply to Thread