+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Re: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

She had to base it on something, so she went with the person who lied during the first challenge and never owned up to it. It was still a bit of a surprise.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Lydia sent Rachel home? Can someone explain the logic in that?
    Rachel lied during the lie detector. She was the weakest link during the stair climb. Although Lydia didn't see it, Rachel was criticizing Boston mom for taking the tear gas. Lydia knew that Rachel was a snake that would stab people in the back.

Athena and Rachel have an alliance. But everyone knows that Athena will be eliminated because of her bad rep so let someone else eliminate her.
    Boston mom is weak so no reason to eliminate her. You can't eliminate Marty because he's popular and you would get on Boston mom's bad side. Charlie's popular too so can't get rid of him without having people gun for you. Darnell is popular as well, so can't eliminate him without people hating you.

That leaves Rachel and the Doctor.
    But Rachel is more dangerous so you have to get rid of her before she can eliminate Lydia. This will anger Athena but everyone else wants to take out Athena so you don't have to worry about her.
    That's the logic.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    Rachel lied during the lie detector. She was the weakest link during the stair climb. Although Lydia didn't see it, Rachel was criticizing Boston mom for taking the tear gas. Lydia knew that Rachel was a snake that would stab people in the back.

Athena and Rachel have an alliance. But everyone knows that Athena will be eliminated because of her bad rep so let someone else eliminate her.
    Boston mom is weak so no reason to eliminate her. You can't eliminate Marty because he's popular and you would get on Boston mom's bad side. Charlie's popular too so can't get rid of him without having people gun for you. Darnell is popular as well, so can't eliminate him without people hating you.

That leaves Rachel and the Doctor.
    But Rachel is more dangerous so you have to get rid of her before she can eliminate Lydia. This will anger Athena but everyone else wants to take out Athena so you don't have to worry about her.
    That's the logic.
    So what if Rachel lied during that fake lie detector test.

She had the flu and that is why she didn't do well on the stair climb, is that a reason to send her home.

Who cares if Rachel said anything about Boston mom about the tear gas, that was a one on one confessional and while we the audience saw it they other contestants probably did not.

How does all this make Rachel a snake? Rachel is the mediator and well liked. I would never vote for Lydia over Rachel.

Marty is a blowhard and will get someone killed.

Charlie is popular with who? Not me and not Darnell.

Athena was the easy choice considering how everyone feels about her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    So what if Rachel lied during that fake lie detector test.

She had the flu and that is why she didn't do well on the stair climb, is that a reason to send her home.

Who cares if Rachel said anything about Boston mom about the tear gas, that was a one on one confessional and while we the audience saw it they other contestants probably did not.

How does all this make Rachel a snake? Rachel is the mediator and well liked. I would never vote for Lydia over Rachel.

Marty is a blowhard and will get someone killed.

Charlie is popular with who? Not me and not Darnell.

Athena was the easy choice considering how everyone feels about her.
    Rachel also curses alot. Not a good Hero to all her kid students who are watching her on the show.

Rachel was the logical choice to get voted off by Lydia.
    Eventually everyone is gonna get voted off, so it should not be a big shock.
    Florimel likes this.

I'm sorry for coming in so late. I kept meaning to watch this show, but kept forgetting to set the DVR. Today's my day off so I'm catching up by watching on the internet.

Holy mackerel, I couldn't agree more about hating these contestants. Gads, at this point the only people I'd consider voting for are Darnell and Athena. I'm on Ep 3 right now, and I can't believe all the b**** and moaning back at the penthouse. Why in the heck do these people care that some people have been taking money on the side? You only have a remote chance of winning, so why not grab a few bucks along the way? Gads, talk about self-righteous. When this is all done, and some of these losers watch the winner collect all his cash, I wonder if they're going to sit around thinking, "Well, at least I never took any money. I may have wasted all my time but at least I stayed honest and helped somebody else win." Oh, please.

I also like Darnell and Athena's personalities. During the snake challenge, Darnell was concerned that they not hurt the snakes. How sweet! And Athena seems like a nice person.

Patty gets on my last nerve.The constant crying, and then the crap to Athena about "You ruined my moment. At least I stayed honest." Yeah, sweetheart, and you're going to go home flat broke. Go home and cry about all the chances you had to help your family monetarily but passed up. But hey, at least you'll have your honesty to comfort them with.

Loved Athena's speech defending herself. She was dead on. You go, girl! I hope the Rock offers her plenty of more money before she leaves.

And Darnell said "I'm in it for my family and I'm a straight shooter." He never said he would take the money, but he kind of implied that he would. After all, Athena had just given that big speech about how she took the money for her brother. The other contestants were so eager to screw Athena and Shaun that they didn't pay attention. Whoops! I was SO glad that Darnell took the money. Whoo hoo! Kudos to him for doing the right thing for his family and inadvertently telling the whiners to stuff it. It was even sweeter because, unlike Donald and Athena, Darnell took money out of their hands, which really could be seen as a betrayal. Karma sucks, doesn't it? (And on a side note, that was too sweet when he said, "Hearing my family was better than the money." Awwwww! )
    Last edited by Babbred; 07-12-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    And Darnell said "I'm in it for my family and I'm a straight shooter." He never said he would take the money, but he kind of implied that he would. After all, Athena had just given that big speech about how she took the money for her brother. The other contestants were so eager to screw Athena and Shaun that they didn't pay attention. Whoops! I was SO glad that Darnell took the money. Whoo hoo! Kudos to him for doing the right thing for his family and inadvertently telling the whiners to stuff it. It was even sweeter because, unlike Donald and Athena, Darnell took money out of their hands, which really could be seen as a betrayal. Karma sucks, doesn't it? (And on a side note, that was too sweet when he said, "Hearing my family was better than the money." Awwwww! )
    Darnell is sneaky.
    He took the money and ran with it.

And once again, they sink to my expectations. I'm on Ep 5 now.

I did like Marty. I cheered for him in the Hero's Challenge last epi. And then he eliminates Shaun. Uh-huh. Great move, there. Darnell takes money right out of your hands and you eliminate somebody else who never hurt you because you don't like him personally. Your fellow contestants were right. You are dumb.

Charles had it right. Things are only going to get worse, not better.

Patty's talking to her family while on the bus. Unlike Darnell, she still won't take the money....Hmmmm, hubby doesn't tell her that she did the right thing. Did I detect a note of regret in his voice at losing the money?

And of course, Rachel nailed it. Taking the tear gas means that Patty won't have to do the Hero's Challenge. I'm sure that never entered her mind.

Loved the look on Rachel's face when Patty talked about how she wouldn't make somebody else suffer. You could tell Rachel was thinking, "Yeah, right. You just didn't want to be standing in my place right now." If Patty ends up winning this show, she will be one of the least deserving winners I have ever seen on a reality show.

Was a little surprised that Lydia took 3 tries to get the riddle. I got it while she was still climbing.

Also a little surprised that she eliminated Rachel. I really hope that she has a speck of goodness in her since she was tempted to take the money. Also that she said she respected Athena for being honest. Part of me agrees with you, though, TheRock. Athena has a giant target on her back, so why shouldn't Lydia win a few goodwill points with the others by sparing her now? Of course, it could have been a combination of both motives.

You're right about the rest, Rock. Dr. Dave should start feeling worried. After Athena, he'll probably be next...

Gads, I feel like I'm back in college reading Machiavelli again.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

FORT Newbie

They are trying to wrap the show up quickly now.

I think a couple things happened that the creators didn't expect. The creators fully expected Darnell not to take the money. They realized after he took the money that if Darnell took the money then everyone ("the good guys") was going to start taking the money. So they had to change the game by making it so that if you take the money you eliminate yourself. That really makes it so there is no hero's choice. Nobody is going to eliminate themselves.

They also expected Athena (with Sean) to take the money making the heros challenge harder and saving the villain Sean. But they messed that up and Sean got eliminated so they either have to bring Sean back or quickly bring the show to conclusion which is what is happening.

I didn't get to see Epi 2. It wasn't available on the internet. (I saw the pilot last Thursday, but for some reason my DVR didn't record the other episodes. ) So what happened when Sean took the money? How did Sean's deal affect the challenge? I mean in 3, Athena made a big deal (rightly) out of saying that it didn't hurt anybody. All that happened was that different people had to do the Team Challenge. I don't see how having Sean, Athena, and Darnell tackle the snakes made things harder.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I honestly don't understand the irrational hatred the others have for Sean and Athena. I can understand being a little wary of them, but attacking them like the others did? Good grief, you would have thought S & A had been busted spying for China.

Here's something else I don't think the producers foresaw happening: Patty turning into a manipulative so-and-so. I didn't get it myself until Rachel made that remark. Then I smacked my head. How brilliant! Play up your weak image so that nobody picks you for a challenge. Artfully avoid it if presented with the opportunity. Then wait for everybody else to eliminate each other. It's like something right out of an Agatha Christie novel.

Good observation about Darnell. I mean, Lydia turned down the money. However, if her hesitation was real and not just acting, then she could have gone either way. Since Darnell is such a nice guy, his decision has thrown confusion and doubt into the others. It's planted the seed in their minds that it might be ok to take the money themselves. That would have caused chaos since they would no longer have any "villains" to eliminate. So the producers have to step in to create tension again. And of course to keep the money in the pot, since it would have turned into a free-for-all of every man for himself. If this show is going to come back for another season, then they're going to have to seriously revamp the rules. They'll especially have to do like Amazing Race and crack down on contestants coasting on the backs of others.

I've changed my mind. Now I think it's more fascinating to analyze the contestants. This is like watching Big Brother on speed.
    Last edited by Babbred; 07-12-2013 at 04:34 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I didn't get to see Epi 2. It wasn't available on the internet. (I saw the pilot last Thursday, but for some reason my DVR didn't record the other episodes. ) So what happened when Sean took the money? How did Sean's deal affect the challenge? I mean in 3, Athena made a big deal (rightly) out of saying that it didn't hurt anybody. All that happened was that different people had to do the Team Challenge. I don't see how having Sean, Athena, and Darnell tackle the snakes made things harder.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I honestly don't understand the irrational hatred the others have for Sean and Athena. I can understand being a little wary of them, but attacking them like the others did? Good grief, you would have thought S & A had been busted spying for China.
    In the 2nd episode at the apartment they said that you needed to know Spanish to complete the team challenge. Shaun said he was fluent in Spanish but the "clique" (Charles, Darnell, Rachel, Doctor Dave, Marty, Peggy) basically totally ignored him and he wasn't picked and was left in the apartment. Then he got the call from Rock during the 6 man team challenge where you needed to know Spanish. And Sean took the money because the Rock said it would make the team challenge just a "little bit" harder and Sean already felt excluded from the "clique".

They failed the 6 man challenge which docked time off the 3 man challenge because when Rachel and Athena went to get the code it said they had to go somewhere else to get code thanks to someone taking the money. This also meant that the Red Cross didn't get the $10,000 since they failed the 6 man team challenge.

The 3 man challenge was Marty and Darnell pushing a truck 10 city blocks while Athena drove the truck. Because of the time penalty for failing the 6 man challenge and because they weren't strong enough they failed the 3 man truck challenge. (now if they had picked Shaun they probably would have completed this challenge because Shaun is alot stronger and more athletic than Darnell).

So now for the hero challenge they had another time penalty for not finishing the 3 man truck challenge. And Darnell failed the hero challenge which was trying to unlock a crate with a crowbar while water was pouring into the canal he was in.

+ Reply to Thread