+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Re: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I watched the part again where The Rock tells Marty he is to drive the speed boat out 9 miles and swim 1 mile out retrieve the money attached to the buoy and the implication is swim 1 mile back to the boat? That's 2 miles in 40 minutes in open water with swells.
    Yeah, I noticed that when we watched, but the clock was stopped as soon as he retrieved the money from the buoy. I figured we just misunderstood (or that they explained it poorly).

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that when we watched, but the clock was stopped as soon as he retrieved the money from the buoy. I figured we just misunderstood (or that they explained it poorly).
    In the previous challenges the "hero" overcame the challenge, retrieved the money and returned to the point he or she started at to meet with The Rock who had a stopwatch and was supposedly timing the event. So if that was the format for the first three challenges why would they change it for the fourth challenge? Way to confuse the viewers.

Oh, at boardroom vote I thought that Charles (police officer) was really pouting and having a silent temper tantrum. Marty was chosen because he was a strong swimmer. Charles admitted swimming was not his strong suit. The team voted who would have the best chance of winning and contributing to the pot. Why would they choose someone who didn't have as strong a chance? It doesn't matter who wins the most it matters who America votes for. Personally I would vote all be thrown off a mountain top with ropes or parachutes. I find none of the contestants heroic or hero worthy. This show is a bit of a train wreck and that is why I am watching. Can it get worse?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Did anyone think it highly hypocritical that Shaun and Athena got reamed for taking $35,000 each knowing it did nothing to effect time wise the challenge or the total pot of money yet Darnell who took the $50,000 that would have been contributed to the final pot of money was actually congratulated? This attitude of the roommates all based on Shaun being a perceived as a villain, Athena being friendly with him and Darnell perceived as a good guy. On top of that it is Charles, a good guy, is the one who got the house to perceive Athena as not one of the good guys. How heroic is that? Charles that is a big strike against you IMHO. Also the way Lydia lashed out at Athena. What the heck was that? Did anyone actually act like a rational thoughtful human being during that encounter?

Charles lack of self confidence is starting to get on my nerves as is Marty's over the top gungho ishness.
    rfromp and scoot13 like this.

Didn't Shaun's taking of the money cause the team to fail, thus leaving Darnell with only 10 minutes to complete the Hero's Challenge? I thought they were justified in being angry over that.

For Athena's, I think they were angry because they were hoping she wouldn't. (Let's see if I can explain this correctly. Athena had started hanging out with Shaun, so people were suspicious of her. And she was the 5th person that the Rock tempted, so the other 4 may have been upset with themselves as much as her because they didn't take it.) And the only reason Athena's decision had any effect is that the rest of the group didn't stop to think that maybe *someone* had taken the money, so the people who really wanted to go on the quest stepped up. This, in my opinion, is when the group realized that someone will probably always be tempted to take the money and that changes were happening.

As far as not being as mad with Darnell, I think that people had started to realize that it doesn't matter how much is in the pot at the end if they're not the ones collecting it. If the twist hadn't occurred, I think we would have seen more people take the pots so that they could guarantee themselves at least something for having competed. And he was clear before he left that he was doing this for his family...I think that once he mentioned that he got to talk to them that everyone kinda just took a deep breath and said "OK".
    AmyKay likes this.

Finally watched the entire episode.

I thought it was pretty heroic that Dave and Charles helped Rachel up the stairs. My problem is Marty. Here Marty thinks he is being heroic, he harps on it enough, he does finish the stair challenge way ahead of his team and yet doesn't pay attention to what is going on around him, that Rachel is not there, that Dave and Charles are not there and he doesn't even bother going to find them he waits for what it looks like a good 10 minutes. I see a lot of collateral damage in Marty's wake. Then there was the swim. Wow, what horribly technique. He doesn't know how to kick with flippers on. He is really sloppy with his kick while swimming on his back. Lots of wasted leg motion.

Oh, I thought it was a waste for the Rock to try to tempt Marty with only $30,000 to eliminate himself. He should have tried $60,000. I did notice that Marty didn't tell anyone about his temptation deal.

How Charles presents himself vs how the others present themselves at the voting.

Charles always starts from what seems a negative/weak view of himself. He is well spoken but I think the way he speaks about himself does not inspire confidence from the other contestants.. Marty on the other hand is a bit of a schmuck, and a fumbling little boy, but he does promise a 110% commitment and that comes across better then Charles appeals do.

I still think that The Hero is the wrong title for this show. Maybe Temptations or Wannabees would be a more accurate description.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Did anyone think it highly hypocritical that Shaun and Athena got reamed for taking $35,000 each knowing it did nothing to effect time wise the challenge or the total pot of money yet Darnell who took the $50,000 that would have been contributed to the final pot of money was actually congratulated? This attitude of the roommates all based on Shaun being a perceived as a villain, Athena being friendly with him and Darnell perceived as a good guy. On top of that it is Charles, a good guy, is the one who got the house to perceive Athena as not one of the good guys. How heroic is that? Charles that is a big strike against you IMHO. Also the way Lydia lashed out at Athena. What the heck was that? Did anyone actually act like a rational thoughtful human being during that encounter?

Charles lack of self confidence is starting to get on my nerves as is Marty's over the top gungho ishness.
    Darnell is very sneaky. Talks alot but then will stab you in the back.
    Did you see how quickly he abandoned all his purported principles and took the money. It was comical.

FORT Newbie

The Doctor has some major anger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    The Doctor has some major anger issues.
    Yeap, pretty self evident from episode 1 when he revealed he had been in a long relationship and that she had cheated on him.

I'm puzzled at what Lydia said about Darnell keeping the Hero's Challenge money, "Like I said, there's nothing wrong with taking the money and most likely people would take the money, especially since it's not affecting the whole group." Like hell it's not affecting the whole group. Now the group is competing for less jackpot money. It's no longer a $1,000,000 prize, it's $950,000. How does that not affect the whole group?

All those people who jumped on Athena at the house looked real stupid in the boardroom when she told her story. Truth is, they all need the money for good reasons and no one can blame them for taking a single cent, in my opinion. Now Patty's crying about how she might go home with no money, I guess she should have thought about that sooner than later.

Lydia sent Rachel home? Can someone explain the logic in that?
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread