+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Re: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

I expect Shaun or Lydia to accuse Darnell of taking the money for himself and just saying he lost, to try to draw heat away from themselves.

Also, don't really buy Marty as a bully; I see him really more as a loud child who never really knew how to grow up, and thus is overly enthusiastic about everything. I think the childishness just extends to his personality, which is why he's always shouting, because children often have a hard time articulating why they want to do something. I'm not saying he's stupid, but he seems to always be in a rush to do things.
    Punkin likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I think these folks are forgetting that America will vote who wins the million dollar prize and they need to take a long hard look at how they are behaving to their teammates. All I saw was them accusing Athena before the challenge when nothing had happened just because she is friendly with Shaun. I don't blame her for taking the money because it did not directly impact the game and the team completed the challenge regardless. But how they team treated Athena when she got back to the penthouse was way out of line. While I know her back story and about her brother's medical condition the editing at the vote made it seem like Athena really didn't explain her brother's medical condition just that he had been bullied. Still I find it highly ironic that the team hate/detest both Athena and Shaun so much that they voted Darnell to do the Hero Challenge which he did and he is the one to decided to keep the money. How sweet is that?

At this point in the game I wouldn't give any of these folks the final prize because they are acting like spoilt brats, bullies and just rotten people.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Darnell told them all in his speech that if they voted him in he was keeping the money for his family in his speech. So that will have little to no impact on how they view him. They told him to go win it for his family. I do believe their treatment was horrible though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Darnell told them all in his speech that if they voted him in he was keeping the money for his family in his speech. So that will have little to no impact on how they view him. They told him to go win it for his family. I do believe their treatment was horrible though.
    He didn't quite say that; he said he was a straight shooter and that is why he was not involved in all the drama and that this is for his family. He didn't say he was going to take the money and in this crew that is a fine enough distinction. I do think folks are going to explode when they find out Darnell didn't put the money in the pot. It will be interesting to see if he lies and says he didn't complete the mission so he doesn't have to say anything about the money.

To be honest to be able to climb over 400 feet vertical on a ladder and repel down well stopping four time to get and read clues and do in 20 minutes is an accomplishment. I also think the riddle was the hardest part because I didn't think of the answer that Darnell did.

I absolutely thought of the same answer as Darnell after the first couple of clues. Maybe it's because I'm a puzzler and gamer and I think like that.

On the other hand, I could never even approach doing the climb and repel part of that challenge.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

My memory must be way off as I remember him saying something along the lines of last time I did the hero's challenge for the team but this time I am doing it for my family. Hence why some of them said after the vote go get it for your family/kids. To me it was perfectly clear he was not banking it.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    My memory must be way off as I remember him saying something along the lines of last time I did the hero's challenge for the team but this time I am doing it for my family. Hence why some of them said after the vote go get it for your family/kids. To me it was perfectly clear he was not banking it.
    I went and watched it again. "I'm doing for my family" leaves room for interpretation, he never actually said "I am going to take the money" in the boardroom. Everyone has motivation here. Athena is doing it for her brother and that is the exact same reason Darnell is doing it as well as Patty.

My son and I watched the first three episodes On Demand last night. He thought everyone should take the money whenever offered, no matter what. (I found that interesting.) We ended up having a long discussion on why people sign on for shows like these (basically along the lines of "almost everyone does it to win money"), but with a side trip into "what makes a hero".

And in the last episode, it should have been a clue that *someone* took the money when 5 out of 6 said they'd received an offer.

I do find alot of these folks very judgmental. Lydia was very outspoken the first two episodes saying folks would take the money yet she went into hyper diva mode when she attacked Athena for doing just that. At this point in the game none of these folks are coming across as very heroic in fact for a bunch of adults they are acting worse then the kids on Real World.
    shyra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I also think the riddle was the hardest part because I didn't think of the answer that Darnell did.
    I feel that the riddle was less hard, and more poorly done, because there are really quite a few answers that would technically be correct, even if they're not what the original riddle had as a solution; off the top of my head, I could have answered "On the internet", "In a library", "In the riddle just now" or "In my mind, because you just mentioned them", and they'd all be technically correct, so I could see Darnell going back to the house and just telling the other players that he gave the wrong answer, if he doesn't tell them straight up he took the money for his family.
    Last edited by HaikenEdge; 06-24-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread