+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Re: The Hero - with The Rock (TNT) - premieres June 6th 8PM

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    I quit watching this show awhile ago but saw that Patty won....what was the prize amount that she received? thanks!
    I think the final amount was $610,000.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There is a lot of disagreement between Lydia and Athena fans. I do find it rather weird that folks say Lydia was a class act and Athena was not. I don't think it is a class act to over talk someone and follow them around the room pointing a finger at them and yelling what ever it was. There was some bad behavior on both parts but its ridiculous to say one was classier then the other. I still do not understand Lydia's beef with Athena in regards to her using her brother her family. As what? Charles, Darnell, Patty, Marty, Athena, Rachel were all strongly motivated by their family to be on the show. Why is everyone else's family motivation OK but not Athena's, that was never really explained.

I did notice that Lydia didn't like either Rachel or Athena but was OK with Patty I think because Lydia didn't consider Patty a potential rival or threat.

Another issue I guess is that with cameras there to record their actions, and the motivation of the money, a lot of people were "acting" heroic-- or trying to-- as opposed to how they might act "in real life' without an incentive and a need to influence observers in order to win the money.

This distored a lot of what happened-- and you could see people making these calculations especially about accepting the money-- as they were deciding whether and how to try to be included on challenges, or to "let someone" else go-- or whether for example on the lie detector test, to tell the truth.

It's interesting that Patty, who I think was just as motivated by these things as anyone, in her decision-making, was somehow thought to be more deserving-- and how Schaun and Athema were thought to be less deserving-- even though Schaun was honest and clear about what he did-- and Darnell took the money. And all of them wanted at one time or another to take the money-- but often were held back as much because of the final vote as anything else.

That said, of the anomalies is that I still don't get why it was okay for Darnell to accept the money.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Another issue I guess is that with cameras there to record their actions, and the motivation of the money, a lot of people were "acting" heroic-- or trying to-- as opposed to how they might act "in real life' without an incentive and a need to influence observers in order to win the money.

This distored a lot of what happened-- and you could see people making these calculations especially about accepting the money-- as they were deciding whether and how to try to be included on challenges, or to "let someone" else go-- or whether for example on the lie detector test, to tell the truth.

It's interesting that Patty, who I think was just as motivated by these things as anyone, in her decision-making, was somehow thought to be more deserving-- and how Schaun and Athema were thought to be less deserving-- even though Schaun was honest and clear about what he did-- and Darnell took the money. And all of them wanted at one time or another to take the money-- but often were held back as much because of the final vote as anything else.

That said, of the anomalies is that I still don't get why it was okay for Darnell to accept the money.
    That I don't get and I wish they had explained that in the finale, it never made any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think the final amount was $610,000.
    That is a nice chunk of change for her. Thanks Bearcata!

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    That is a nice chunk of change for her. Thanks Bearcata!
    Even with the IRS taking it's 40 percent cut it still is going to be around $366,000. Enough for the kids college fund, pay off a mortgage, put some in retirement and still have a party for Patty's hubby.

I hope that I don't get bashed or anything for saying what I think but I honestly think that Patty deserved the money the most. She was the one who overcame her fears, never once took any money from The Rock and she was asked several times. I think she defined what a hero was the other night she won very perfectly. I am really glad that she won. I hope she does some good with the money.
    Florimel and TripleGemini like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I didn't get to see Epi 2. It wasn't available on the internet. (I saw the pilot last Thursday, but for some reason my DVR didn't record the other episodes. ) So what happened when Sean took the money? How did Sean's deal affect the challenge? I mean in 3, Athena made a big deal (rightly) out of saying that it didn't hurt anybody. All that happened was that different people had to do the Team Challenge. I don't see how having Sean, Athena, and Darnell tackle the snakes made things harder.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I honestly don't understand the irrational hatred the others have for Sean and Athena. I can understand being a little wary of them, but attacking them like the others did? Good grief, you would have thought S & A had been busted spying for China.

Here's something else I don't think the producers foresaw happening: Patty turning into a manipulative so-and-so. I didn't get it myself until Rachel made that remark. Then I smacked my head. How brilliant! Play up your weak image so that nobody picks you for a challenge. Artfully avoid it if presented with the opportunity. Then wait for everybody else to eliminate each other. It's like something right out of an Agatha Christie novel.

Good observation about Darnell. I mean, Lydia turned down the money. However, if her hesitation was real and not just acting, then she could have gone either way. Since Darnell is such a nice guy, his decision has thrown confusion and doubt into the others. It's planted the seed in their minds that it might be ok to take the money themselves. That would have caused chaos since they would no longer have any "villains" to eliminate. So the producers have to step in to create tension again. And of course to keep the money in the pot, since it would have turned into a free-for-all of every man for himself. If this show is going to come back for another season, then they're going to have to seriously revamp the rules. They'll especially have to do like Amazing Race and crack down on contestants coasting on the backs of others.

I've changed my mind. Now I think it's more fascinating to analyze the contestants. This is like watching Big Brother on speed.
    I know from following Survivor and The Amazing Race and MTV's Challenge that the production staff have folks put together challenges way ahead of time and have people test them to see how things fall out. What results is that no matter how the experts set up the games/challenges they are always surprised when the actual contestants come up with a twist as to how to play the game that is within the rules but that the experts never foresaw happening. That is the beauty of reality TV shows.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So I watched this.

In the first episode or two I found it a bit confusing, but in the end, I kind of liked it.

I don't get how some of these people made it on the show, like Lydia and Marty. They were more villainous than heroic (especially Marty), to be honest. How Dr. Dave fell below them in the public vote, I can't understand.

Other than the constant crying, I liked Patty. I wasn't pissed about her winning (although I think Darnell should have come closer). My favorite of the whole cast was Charles, though. I wonder how he would have fared if he made the F5 over Marty.

+ Reply to Thread