+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Polygamy, USA

Re: Polygamy, USA

I think I missed a couple of the early episodes and would like to see them. I may check to see if I can view online if they don't rerun.

I have read that most all of those people on the show know each other, even though they don't seem to. AND that includes Hyrum and Kelly. I have also read some very surprising things about Isaiah's second wife, but I won't go there on this thread. It may be just rumor.

I also heard that Rose is not yet married. I get this feeling that Rose may not be getting a name, because she just isn't that attracted to the males in her life. That could be for a number of reasons. Recall how she didn't particularly want a man for herself. She said she would prefer to join an existing family where she would be a second or third wife. Perhaps marrying a man is just not what she really wants, but she doesn't know how to handle it. I'm just speculating, not trying to label Rose, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Hmmmm.....I think it came on Sunday or Monday nights on National Geographic channel. I'm not sure if you can get it ON Demand or not. Time Warner has about 12 On Demand channels, there's Primetime, Entertainement, Lifestyle, etc. They probably will rerun it.

It appeared to me that this week's episode was the finale. I could be wrong. They showed flash backs to scenes from previous shows and they had a woman get called to speak in church and she commented on the filming crew and what kind of an experience they had. I hate to see it go. I liked it.

Also, if you don't want to watch online, if you have Time Warner Cable there is a feature that allows you to go to use the keyboard on the screen to type in the name of the show and it will list the days and times a show will be on for the next week. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give details on how to find this feature. I use it a lot.
    Thanks, Debb! You are such a sweetie!

I will look on the NG channel and yes I have On Demand and will check there.

I actually have UVerse for cable.
    KAREN

This show is rerunning the entire season on 6/18 starting at 9:00 a.m. I looked over the descriptions and I do think it's all of them. I must have only missed the first episode. I think there are only about 6 episodes. I'm going to to set my DVR to record all of them, just to be sure.
    momrek06 likes this.

Cool! Thanks Debb70! I will be setting the DVR.

On a side note, does anyone know how law enforcement could come after them (they mentioned in the episode the attorney general would only go after abuse cases). I know polygamy is against the law, but if they only legally marry one wife how is that against the law? Are the other women considered common law wives or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    Cool! Thanks Debb70! I will be setting the DVR.

On a side note, does anyone know how law enforcement could come after them (they mentioned in the episode the attorney general would only go after abuse cases). I know polygamy is against the law, but if they only legally marry one wife how is that against the law? Are the other women considered common law wives or something?
    I know. I used to wonder that too, but I looked into it awhile ago. This is what I recall. Apparently, some states, like Utah, Arizona, etc. have laws that make it illegal to have plural spouses, EVEN if they are not legally married to you. It's illegal to even hold yourself out as having more than one wife. I'l try to find the statute. I thought it was odd too, but that's what Kody on Sister Wives was afraid of when he went public. It's different from the charge of bigamy, which is when you actually marry more than one wife.

Taping all of them now, Debb! Am watching the first epi now as they introduce all the families!

Looks great! Thanks for the heads up about it being on this week!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Taping all of them now, Debb! Am watching the first epi now as they introduce all the families!

Looks great! Thanks for the heads up about it being on this week!
    Please post your reaction. I'm not an advocate for their way of life, however, I found this show to be the most interesting and informative one I've ever seen. I actually liked all the Mormons on there except for Mr. Crowely. You'll see why. I expecially liked Rose Marie and all her moms.

Happy Thanksgiving! Passepartout's Avatar

Unfortunately as really sad but true as it sounds, a lot of people will watch this show. For several reasons. Either to get a kick out of it or just to see out of curious eyes. Sorry not going to watch. But that is just IMHO! There are a lot of shows like these that are popular. For strange reasons.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    Unfortunately as really sad but true as it sounds, a lot of people will watch this show. For several reasons. Either to get a kick out of it or just to see out of curious eyes. Sorry not going to watch. But that is just IMHO! There are a lot of shows like these that are popular. For strange reasons.
    Huh?

WHY is it sad that people will watch THIS show…….???

The families have CHOSEN to film THIS show.

Obviously, they want people to LEARN about their lifestyle.

I do not understand your post.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Huh?

WHY is it sad that people will watch THIS show…….???

The families have CHOSEN to film THIS show.

Obviously, they want people to LEARN about their lifestyle.

I do not understand your post.
    I totally agree with you, Karen. In fact, I would go even one step further and say that to me, "Polygamy, USA" is more like a 'documentary' than a typical reality show. Maybe the poster was thinking of "Breaking Amish" which actually IS a huge embarassment to the genre of reality tv.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast