+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: The American Baking Competition (CBS Wed 8 PM ET)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The American Baking Competition (CBS Wed 8 PM ET)

The American Baking Competition - CBS.com

A food competition entry hosted by Jeff Foxworthy where contestants bake under a tent. The first episode aired 5/29 and is available at the CBS website. It might also be available On Demand or on Hulu.

This is a lot of fun where they stress over pies and tarts in the first episode and cookies will be featured in the second. One of the contestants, Kolette, is a vegetarian Type 1 diabetic, and cannot even taste her own creations. They are older and younger, women and men and start at the number 15 with the loss of one per show.

The prizes are the same as for MasterChef - $250,000 and a cookbook.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: The American Baking Competition (CBS Wed 8 PM ET)

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. I plan to keep watching.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched what I could of this show - they did not choose well to put it alongside the same time as "MasterChef."

That said - I like how they're challenged on three aspects that will lead to them being safe or in danger of being eliminated from the show (well at least this episode). The judges are not only polite and honest, they HELP the contestants know what is wrong with the pies so they can learn from them and improve.

And Jeff Foxworthy - I admit I think he's actually a lot funnier now than before with the "you know you're a Redneck" jokes. He can say stuff deadpan and it's funny.

I think this show can do well - but as I said, it has to face the juggernaut of "MasterChef."

I DVR'd this (while we watched MasterChef) and watched it yesterday. I really liked it. It's a little different than any of the other reality cooking shows: three challenges in an episode; one is judged blind; one is a familiar recipe; one shows that they understand the concepts.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

I watched the show and then Googled Paul Hollywood. The first item that comes up is that his wife has left him after he became close with his fellow judge...hmmm I guess Pauline doesn't get to take him home.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I watched the show and then Googled Paul Hollywood. The first item that comes up is that his wife has left him after he became close with his fellow judge...hmmm I guess Pauline doesn't get to take him home.
    Egads!

I watched and really enjoyed the show... my kids did too.

I'm not looking for a coronary or anything, but I really want to try a bite of that chocolate, peanut butter and bacon pie.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Egads!

I watched and really enjoyed the show... my kids did too.

I'm not looking for a coronary or anything, but I really want to try a bite of that chocolate, peanut butter and bacon pie.
    Me too (embarrassed face). You know all the good stuff is what makes me fat. Why can't I enjoy shaved ice?
    Arielflies likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

They re-ran it last evening - 6/2. I hope more people watched because this is one cooking comp show I am really enjoying.
    NCLurker and Florimel like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I just read an article that both of the judges were married, and both have separated from their spouses because they fell in love while filming this show.

First the good. I love this show. It's such a refreshing change after those high-pressure cooking shows where everybody's yelling and screaming. I feel like I'm in the kitchen with my mother. I think it's interesting watching them weigh and measure everything so precisely, though. My comes from the "little bit of this, little bit of that" school, so it's hard to copy her recipes.

That's a shame about the judges. Now I have less respect for them.

Who was that guy who cheated on the cookies on tonight's show? Guess he's our resident villain. Do you think Paul saw through him? He sure didn't look happy.

And yeah, I sure wish I could have tried that peanut butter bacon pie from last week, too.
    Last edited by Babbred; 06-05-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast