+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: The American Baking Competition (CBS Wed 8 PM ET)

Re: The American Baking Competition (CBS Wed 8 PM ET)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    How did Brian cheat?
    Cookie challenge.

They were told to present everything they made. His first batch was horrible and he decided to hide them and do another batch because he had time. One of the other contestants told him he was supposed to present everything and he shrugged it off. He only showed the hidden cookies because Paul (who must have been told by production) asked what was under the towel.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Sorry if this was asked already, but why was the show moved to 9 p.m.? It was one of the very few shows I would have let my kids watch, but they're in bed by 9. All the network cooking shows--many of which start at 8--are filled with bleeps and nasty contestants. Frustrating.

I was hoping Francine would win, but after her first torte I knew that wasn't happening so I started rooting for Darlene. I was hoping Darlene would win just so she could get a cookbook and a stylist who would wipe that garish red lipstick off her face- it's so stark against her pale complexion. I know her looks have nothing to do with her skills, but that red lipstick drove me crazy every week!

Finally saw the finale. What a disappointment. We didn't start watching until a couple weeks in. I really wanted Francine or Darlene to win. When Francine's first thing was third place I immediately hoped Darlene could pull it off. I did like the show and hope it returns. Jeff Foxworthy is a fantastic host. I do think they need three judges and an American judge would be nice. I agree with Harmony about Paul. I think Paul doesn't have the same taste profiles and on something subjective it can make a difference.

I've been thinking about the behind the scenes affair going on between Paul/Marcella and how this probably affected the final decision. You could see Marcella disappearing more and more as a judge as the competition went on. She fell into a more traditional "role" and let the guy take the lead.

The winner was completely Paul's decision and since he has such a limited palette? Of course Brian won. It's why there should have been 3 judges, that sort of dynamic would have prevented this thing from happening.

I really hope they didn't completely foul this up and the show comes back a second season with different judges (three of them).

Also, I've read some critics comments and they've said that it didn't have enough "spice and vinegar" meaning, they want the judges to be meaner like "other cooking competitions."

I hope those producing this show do not listen to that nonsense! We liked this show because it was so different from Master Chef and Top Chef. I will not be watching if they morph it into yet another drama fest with the judges being incredibly hateful and rude to the contestants.
    justCoz and sparklete like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I didn`t like Brian enough to buy any cookbook he writes.
    Florimel, catsrule and tapper01 like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112