+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Family SOS with Jo from Super Nanny

Family SOS with Jo from Super Nanny

Anyone watching this show. This first family a blended one with some really bad teen issues.

Family S.O.S. with Jo Frost: Sneak Peek : Video : TLC
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Family SOS with Jo from Super Nanny

My sister just said if we acted this way when kids we may not have made it to adulthood.lol
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    My sister just said if we acted this way when kids we may not have made it to adulthood.lol
    I thought the same thing when I was watching! :-)

I think the behavior of the teens were glaring examples of the current generation of parents who want to be their child's best friend. You cannot effectively parent and be their friend. You can be kind, caring, empathetic but not a friend, kids need structure and boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    I thought the same thing when I was watching! :-)

I think the behavior of the teens were glaring examples of the current generation of parents who want to be their child's best friend. You cannot effectively parent and be their friend. You can be kind, caring, empathetic but not a friend, kids need structure and boundaries.
    I think you're absolutely right. There's a generation that had strict parents and vowed to not be that way with their own children. Now we have all these parents not wanting to impose all these rules on their kids and, as a result, their kids walk all over them.

I will say though, that I think you can be a friend and a parent - you just have to be a parent first. My mom and I were (and still are) best friends when I was a teenager, but I still knew I had to follow the house rules. I think there's a difference between being a friend to your kids and trying to act like you're their peer. That's when you get into trouble.

I freaking love Jo Frost. I'd watch her on anything. I totally want to be her best friend.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think today kids have no fear of any consequences. Kids today know all I have to do is all CPS and get mom & dad in trouble.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think that teaching responsiblity and consequences of unacceptable behavior can be accomplished without hitting or spanking. In fact, some of the most well behaved kids and teens, were never spanked. They do what they do, because they know they can. There are no consequences.

I love Jo too. She's so smart and she gets it. You can tell.
    NFL1 likes this.

I was never hit or spanked. I was though very aware that my mom and dad would not hesitate to take all the goodies they worked hard to acquire for me. So fear of losing my tv,own room,time outside with friends was scary to me.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow this weeks family is a mess. Mom & Dad had a threesome and then dad cheated with the other woman. Dad calls mom stupid right in front of the kids. Yikes smh
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I want to see this since I think Jo is a wise woman. What time is it on? I didn't really care for Miss Deborah's nanny show. Thank goodness somebody has seen the wisdom in bringing Jo Frost back.

Steve Harvey said something that I thought was very wise. He said to be friendly with your child, but NOT your child's friend. That made a lot of sense. He, repeatedly, tells the parents in his audience to stop trying to be their children's friends.
    NFL1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast