+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By scoot13
  • 1 Post By Kip

Thread: Big Brain Theory

Big Brain Theory

Is anyone else watching this?

Each week, the contestants are given a challenge. They have 30 minutes to (individually) design a possible solution and present their solutions to the judges. Based on those solutions, the two judges assign first and second place, and those folks then choose their teams.

Each team then gets a specific amount of time (like "3 days") and money (really varies) to build their solution.

At the end of the challenge, the teams test their results. The judges determine which team won, and then they choose which person on the team is leaving (after getting input from the other team members).

The person who leaves actually joins the "Wild Card Challenge". These folks are chosen during the following weeks to work on a team, so the teams always have the same number of members (at least at this point). At some point, there will be a challenge for just the folks on the Wild Card "team" to decide who gets to re-enter the game.

We didn't agree with who they sent home the second week, but it's interesting seeing the groups try to work together.

Re: Big Brain Theory

I've been watching it. I didn't agree the second week either. They don't seem to be really successful at the challenges, do they? It's fun to watch them struggle through them though.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

My husband and I both watched one episode - the one where they were rigging up a truck to prevent a bomb from exploding - and liked it. I keep meaning to watch another episode On Demand, but we just haven't gotten around to it. Even if they're not successful, it's interesting watching the problem solving process.

I really liked this show too. Love seeing the brain power at work. I also wasn't in agreement on the second elimination. That confrontational guy on the winning team is a liability. He is smart but not cooperative in the least. I hope he forces a bad decision on the group and gets the boot for it.
    Florimel likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I ended up really enjoying this show. Great finale - I enjoy seeing people work together, relatively drama free. I liked how everyone still participated in the challenges even though they had been eliminated from contention for the grand prize. I was happy the decision for the $20K Team Player award - several would have been deserving of it.
    scoot13 likes this.

I really enjoyed it, too. I loved seeing Buzz Aldrin as the very qualified guest judge for the finale.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread