+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Newlyweds: The First Year (Bravo)

Newlyweds: The First Year (Bravo)

I feel like this thread should be over with the housewives. Love this new show...Good choice of four couples to follow.

My bet for the most successful would be the Greek couple or the gay couple. I think that they will be able to understand each other the best based on common grounds.

Love Tina (Tarzina's) dad. He has got fabulous dance moves. And I love to hear about how much he loved Tina's mom.
    You can do it!

Re: Newlyweds: The First Year (Bravo)

I watched just out of curiosity. I don't think any of them have a real good chance of making it work.
    If I were a matchmaker, I'd never put these people together. All of them have too many differences between that will make it difficult.
    Guess we'll see.....but I'm not sure how long I'll watch.

I've watched the show, too, after telling myself that I wouldn't. So far, it seems to me that this is one of the things that sealed my fate as a confirmed bachelorette!
    Lizard likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I'm hoping that once they get used the cameras they'll calm down. Each pair has one over-the-top personality, which might get annoying.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

It does not look like the other two young men want to be very adaptible--the I love being on control and the I will not do well with authority figures language. I am a little old...I do not have friends that do the public name calling. Tina screaming about her phone was a little like Kim Kardasian screaming about her earrings falling on the water--obliviousness to anyone's feelings.
    You can do it!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

What a bunch of crazy couples. Not sure they are all going to make it, as they sure seem mismatched. I also thought Tina was just rude and ridiculous screaming about a darn cell phone. It was sad, though, that her dad did not approve of her choice for a mate. I guess I am rooting for the Greek couple, as the husband is a Long Island guy, so I will root for my fellow Islander. Plus, Greeks and Italians have lots in common, so I would like to see the extended family dynamic as the series continues. My husband fell asleep, though. He said it was boring and ridiculous.
    jeaninelaurie likes this.

I think Tina's father disliking the Tarz guy (what a name!) is exaggerated.....it just doesn't ring true to me and what I see on film. Probably one of the semi-scripted pieces that are on all the reality shows.

FORT Fogey

I am just watching the 1st episode now. Wow, what a bunch.

Funny that the Indian father was so adamant about class and manners and he showed none. In fact, he raised a princess better suited for The Housewives of BH! She is far from classy. Not that I care, he does.

I paid little attention to the gay couple because I hate weddings and all that prep nonsense. FFed through that; I will get to know them better after their wedding!

The virgins, oh my. A compulsive shopper chose those curtains, eh? One would think she would have gathered some style over the years. Ah well.

The black couple will do fine. They will get over the bi coastal thing and I bet she grows to love LA, as he said.

All the tears and hand wringing about getting pregnant is nuts. They just started trying in the first month!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Here's a spoiler that I read in my local newspaper today about the Long Island/Greek couple.

Click to see Spoiler:
    She became pregnant fairly quickly, has already given birth to their child, still has a hand in overseeing things at their tanning salon, and they are hoping to expand their family soon. This begs the question of how long ago was this series filmed?

FORT Fogey

I hate weddings. Going to them is torture and watching them on TV is boring. I will keep checking here, so please mention when they are all married and on with their twisted little lives.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast