+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Newlyweds: The First Year (Bravo)

Re: Newlyweds: The First Year (Bravo)

Is it just more or does Tina's father look familiar? Like I've seen him in a movie, and I'm not talking Bollywood...
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Yeah, Tina's father is an actor. He was on the tv show Outsourced. I really liked that show and movie a lot!

I know most reality TV isn't real, but Kanaiya Sugandh is indeed acting all this out.
    Last edited by Kocky_Kamikaze; 06-18-2013 at 01:26 AM.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I do not see a common ground for Tina's dad and the Blonde. I think he is lonely and she is young. He loves her youth. She does not look twenty something. All the PDA in front of the daughter points to a lot of insensitivity. And if she cannot be kind early on, I can only think there is a lot of misery to come for her father.

Alaska was sweet to buy the honeymoon. And I hope his wife does not torture him financially. To me, common monies should be used for common things, medicine, health or the like.

Tina--hope she has success with getting pregnant. Glad to see Tars being supportive of her faced with the gross Blondel.

Gay couple...I can see both their sides. I thought they were suppose to understand each other better than heteros do. The brunnette is taking the female role not wanting to have sex. And the Blonde is taking the male role (even though he is more feminine). The brunette can plan on having sex a couple of times a week to help the Blonde feel prioritized. And the Blonde should try not to be so sensitive. It seems that their money and sex wars are unnecessary...Both need chill pills. Chill pills (mental) are always the solution.

Pregnant couple--cute!
    Last edited by Lizard; 06-18-2013 at 05:58 AM.
    You can do it!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Ugh, the pregnant couple make me want to . What a meathead that husband is. Seriously, he could not figure out how to put together a car seat? And then mutters that it is "good enough for today?" Yeah, when he is cruising down the Long Island Expressway and some nitwit cuts you off and G-d forbid something happens to the baby. The area where they live is fairly expensive so I bet their home cost a pretty penny; obviously he is smart enough in business to do well financially so why does he come across as such a Neanderthal? I can understand wanting a wife who is more traditional (and I stopped teaching to raise my kids so I do understand that mindset), but he seems no where ready to be a father and I think he just wants Catherine as his sex partner, maid and cook.

I also felt that Tina's dad was playing it up for the camera. What the point was, I don't know. Heather, the new gf, is probably around 40ish. Not 20, which was an exaggeration on Tina's part, but definitely a good 20 years younger than Tina's dad. I was sorry to hear that Tina had miscarried. Tarz seemed supportive so maybe they have a shot.

Alaska's wife needs to stop shopping so much. I did not care for her comment that her paycheck goes into her own account and that she spends both her and Alaska's money from their joint checking account. I mean, that would be fine, if Alaska was aware of it, but he wasn't and honesty is essential for a marriage. Alaska, on his end, is no prize, though. They just don't communicate at all. I still detect a gay vibe from him, though, like maybe he is living on the 'down low' when he is in L.A. The flower arranging at dinner last night didn't help his cause, either.

Jeff and Blair...hmmm. I can understand Blair being hurt that Jeff does not want sex. Initially I liked Jeff and felt badly that his family was not supportive of him, but now he seems to be very controlling with lots of OCD tendencies. My word, he keeps that house immaculate. Can I hire him? Of course, there are no pets nor children to sully the place up. I still don't understand why they did not choose a state where gays could legally marry instead of "wedding" in Georgia. Blair, as his 'husband' should inherit the house and they should get to the lawyer ASAP. Blair as co-owner should split the expenses down the middle, if he can afford to do so. He seems to be contributing a fair share or maybe more than his fair share as his work income is not as stable as Jeff's. Blair, does, though, seem to spend more on entertainment expenses and fashion. I am so not into fashion but had to laugh when he (Blair) said he was making all the sacrifices, i.e., switching out Ralph Lauren clothing for J.Crew.
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 06-18-2013 at 07:51 AM.
    Lizard likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Tina is a full-out BRAT. When her dad and his blonde date were having their overly-intimate makeout session while at the dinner table, I kept waiting for them to break out laughing and say it was all one big joke.....because that's what it looked like. Dad looked like he was trying to make a point to his daughter, more than anything else.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That scene with the dad and the girlfriend was so phony I kept waiting for the dad to say, "Fooled you!" and say it was all a joke. It was definitely bad actor improve.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    That scene with the dad and the girlfriend was so phony I kept waiting for the dad to say, "Fooled you!" and say it was all a joke. It was definitely bad actor improve.
    I hope it was bad acting. I would be sad if it was bad parenting. For the father to talk about having a baby with a woman much younger whom he has only been seeing a short time was super insensitive to his daughter who had just lost a baby.

FORT Fan

And the fact that he openly said that he didn't like Tars because he was white and not an Indian. Totally staged.
    Trust Me!

I started watching this show late.
    The father to be needs to grow up already! I don't see what the big deal is about him keeping the pool table though. It's not hurting anything. The wife needs to chill a little bit too.
    I guess I missed why Kim can't live in L.A. with Alaska instead of him going back and forth from New York all the time. This couple seems self centered to me but they seem to care about each others feelings.
    I wonder why the gay couple didn't discuss finances and legal things before they got married? They both seem like they talk to each and express their feelings about everything. The sex stuff...I think they go to a therapist next epi.
    I really hope Tina's father was acting. First he's grieving for his wife and upset his daughter married a white guy, then he gets with a younger white woman and playing sucky face with her in front of Tina and Tarz. That was just weird! You don't tell your daughter you are thinking marriage and having a baby on a first introduction . That's so insensitive , especially after Tina had just had a miscarriage . I hope Tina gets pregnant again.
    Lizard likes this.

Looking forward to the reunion to see where they are at now....whether Tina and Tarz got pregnant. whether Tina's dad's girlfriend went bye bye. whether the gay couple are getting along more smoothly
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast