+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Newlyweds: The First Year (Bravo)

Re: Newlyweds: The First Year (Bravo)

Shoepie, the three straight couples have already had their weddings. The gay couple had a domestic partnership ceremony in California, but it looks like their commitment ceremony will air next week.

Eastcoastmom, the younger of the gay couple mentioned how he received a bunch of text/tweets over the death of Whitney Houston, so this show must have been filmed in early 2012.

The Indian chick needs a reality check. Maybe there is nothing wrong with hubby; maybe she is the one with the fertility problems.

I don't think I could stand being married to Alaska!

FORT Fogey

Thanks, mamac.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I hate weddings. Going to them is torture and watching them on TV is boring. I will keep checking here, so please mention when they are all married and on with their twisted little lives.
    And here I thought it was just me! I fast-forward through every commitment/marriage/vow-renewal ceremony that airs -- and that's a LOT of them. Viewers must like the pagentry because otherwise why would producers keep showing them? Relationships are interesting, but ceremonies bore me to tears.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Does anyone recognize the black young lady (Alaska's wife) from anywhere? I swear she looks like someone on another reality show. She is so familiar.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm probably just being shallow, but I hate seeing the guys in bed together, and kissing....and stuff! I always give that the "Eeeeeeww...." when they get going.

I can't imagine trying so desperately to get pregnant the minute you get married....just like I can't imagine quitting your job to just stay at home and be totally dependent on your mate. How foolish.

I, too, hate weddings. I know that these people have NO idea what they are getting themselves into, but I guess everybody has the right to learn about it, firsthand, at least once. Who knows....they may be one of the couples who is good at it. I look at Alaska and his deluded wife and just shake my head.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Smoochiness I am ok with, as long as they are not having actual sex like the couple on bravo therapy show who taped themselves. (so good so good so good) Not watchable.

I love weddings and ceremonies. Celebrations and the community of family of friends is what life is about. And the knowledge that someone wants to give the best of themselves to you because they care about you. Plus so much money goes into it. When you are planning a wedding it is nice to watch weddings to get ideas.

Bravo to the ones that are good at relationships.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    You can do it!

There was a reference to a date in one of the shows, something was said like, "'since 2007, that's five years ago," which indicated to me that segment was filmed in 2012.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm probably just being shallow, but I hate seeing the guys in bed together, and kissing....and stuff! I always give that the "Eeeeeeww...." when they get going.
    Hmmmm, that's probably how they must feel when they see tv/film showing heterosexual couples having sex. And I'm pretty sure that's how super-conservative people feel when they see tv/film showing anybody having sex!

FORT Fogey

I find the gay couple very likeable and it stops there.

The Greek woman's obsession with getting pregnant borders on pathology as does her desire to have a girl. Loved the doctor though! Very funny.

I can't/won't say I am grossed out by the gay couple together in bed. It is just different is all. It's not my choice. If they are in love & want to be married...hey go for it. Gays can't screw up the institution of marriage any worse then straight couples can myself included. I used to have very different views but with age comes wisdom.
    I find that Indian wife more annoying than nails on a chalkboard.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast