+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone tried out for Real World?

Anyone tried out for Real World?

Hey guys! It's good to be out of the LONG line! I got there 9:30am in the morning and to my surprise (well duh), the line extended all the way around the building and I waited in the line til around 3pm when I finally got into the audition. Ya know what? The audition is set-up against my favor... frown. It was a group discussion of whatever the topics that a person from the group comes up with... When that lady (somewhat like a moderator), started talking, I interrupted her, letting her and the group know that I'm deaf but is capable of reading lips. The group quickly discussed about (I'm assuming here since I got lost in the middle of it) the mannerism of men's and women's. Like men should hold open the door for the lady or pull out the chair for the lady and so forth... blah blah blah... I interrupted the discussion once again and let the guys know that I would appreciate if one person talking at a times cuz i couldn't reads many lips at the same time... and I told them, "I'm sorry if you guys think it's a pain in the ass but that'll benefit everyone, especially me." Few apologized but they end up overlapping each other anyway! DARN these f--kers! UGH! The lady stopped us and thanks for our times and patience while waiting in the lines and thanks us for an interesting discussion. She said she'll let us know who go on to the next round soon. I found out that they'll pick 12 people from Chicago out of more than thousands... Look like my chances are very very slim! frown... at least i get to be part of this hoopla! LOL I also heard that it'll be filmed somewhere in Texas... darn. Oh well... Any questions about my experiences in this, feel free to ask and I'll answer!

Cheers,
    DeafChulo
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

FORT Fogey
    Good luck, man!

For your information, I'm from Chicago, IL and the audition were held today in Chicago, Illinois (May 27th) from 10am to 5pm.

SMILE!
    DeafChulo

Hmmm...Texas, eh? Maybe it'll be Dallas? I don't know the big hot spots in Texas. Best of luck to ya, DC. If you make it, you have to come here while you're at the house and tell us about the fights and sex scandals.

Originally posted by Mdrio9
    Hmmm...Texas, eh? Maybe it'll be Dallas? I don't know the big hot spots in Texas. Best of luck to ya, DC. If you make it, you have to come here while you're at the house and tell us about the fights and sex scandals.
    My friend who went to an audition on the same day as well but wasn't with me (darn that friend!) Since I didn't hear very much (well duh!), he overheards from somebody at the audition that it'll be filmed in Houston. It is not definitely set yet... it is subject to change without letting us know. I do not know very much about MTV:RW policy about loggin' online and post all the juicy moments/scandals/whatevers while there... (if I get picked, which I certainly hope so, I'll ask them about that) Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I have until August to find out whether I get picked to move on to the next round or not... I'll let you know whether i get picked or not as soon i find out anything. Laters!
    DeafChulo

That Crazy Red-Head! CopperPenny's Avatar
    I wanted to try out in the past -- but now I live with my boyfriend and I don't think starring on a reality television show would fit into our plans to smoothly.

I didn't go to any of the casting calls this year, but a couple of years ago I went to the open call in Columbia, and *that* year if you *did* happen to make to the next round, they tapped you on the shoulder and pulled you to the side after the group discussion..... everyone else got a letter saying sorry.. so I wouldn't count on moving on... sorry
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I always wanted to try out. wish i could have
    I don't want the ocean in my seashell. I just want a boyfriend with a brain cell. Stretch Princess

Originally posted by Gizmo82
    I didn't go to any of the casting calls this year, but a couple of years ago I went to the open call in Columbia, and *that* year if you *did* happen to make to the next round, they tapped you on the shoulder and pulled you to the side after the group discussion..... everyone else got a letter saying sorry.. so I wouldn't count on moving on... sorry
    Wish I didn't read that, but thanks for "smack" me with that. I appreciate knowing it now rather than holding out my hopes. Thanks Gizmo82. No harm. :cool:

You heard it first, I didn't "make it" to the next round. (I hope you're right Gizmo82, otherwise I'll be still holding out my hopes )

DeafChulo: Still a star LOL

+ Reply to Thread