+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Ready For Love (NBC Tuesdays)

Re: Ready For Love (NBC Tuesdays)

Wow ... that was a surprise. Although a lot of the bloggers and amateur critics made total fun of it. That is also the show that took Smash's spot, right?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

The premise of the show had legs. It was WAY over produced for what it should have/could have been.

The problem, IMO, was the part of the show done in front of the big audience. It wasn't a performance competition, so I thought the audience made it really cheesy. No need for G and B either. They amped up the cheese level too. The concept was a sound one, but the execution sucked. No surprise with NBC.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

They did run a preview for the next episode during Fashion Star, and the cable TV guide shows it on the schedule for next Tuesday following The Voice. Of course they could drop it without explanation at any time.

Critical summed up the problems as even with the all the froo froo from the opening episode taken out, the second episode with two of the Bachelors was still crammed with the circus gimmicks. Interesting concept but overdone. Like in fashion, it needs a true editing eye and I don't mean chopping bits of film to the floor, but chopping bits of the concept.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

There was way way too much going on. I said that up thread, it was almost an assault to the senses.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I never watched an episode and I'm still delighted that it's gone. Grimm is moving into this spot, isn't it?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I have so many questions about Ernesto. Why is he living the high life in Miami when he and his brother build low cost housing in his home country? From the interview with his family, I thought they still lived there. Anyway, his whole philanthropic slant was overdone and bothered me. However, I think he is one of the two who may take a wife, which is why I would hope they play out the remaining episodes online.

It was too ridiculous to keep on the air, but it should fit online just fine.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

They are airing a new episode (#3) tonight which features the ladies on Ben's date and some pampering.

According to their facebook page rumors, it'll be airing on Tuesdays until 4/30 then it'll be changing days.
    Tweet from Eva Longoria:
    Eva Longoria ‏@EvaLongoria 18h

Just changing days

This show lost me tonight. I'm done.
    (Still like Tim and Ernesto - wish them good luck.)

+ Reply to Thread