+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Ready For Love (NBC Tuesdays)

Re: Ready For Love (NBC Tuesdays)

I agree. It was all format and no substance, and this was just one guy. Next week the other two will be up.

Maybe this week they tried too hard to sell the show, maybe not. I hate the matchmakers. Telling funny girl Haile (?) that she had to show sex appeal, when maybe showing sexiness is not in her character. I am glad, however, that Tim sent friend with benefits home.

Even moreso than on the Bachelor, these girls were culled as ready for Prime Time in looks, anyway. All have perfect bodies, perfect hair, perfect grooming. Plastic dolls...are any of them truly real? Real...they kept repeating that mantra, but I found the whole forced set-up anything but real.

From the article:
    And these lucky guys break up with women (who are hauled up and down the set like the prize cattle they are) in something called The Garden, which is under the stage and sounds kind of ominous!
    They even brought in a gimmick from Glass House with the disappearing elevators. This is a must read piece.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-10-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Nope.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am going to give this a chance. Gulianna said that all the men fell in love. One of the men have never said "I love you" before.

It seemed rushed and I am confused as to what happens. Maybe when we see all the men get their group of woman it will become more interesting. I assume we will see dates and connection between them.

This may turn out to be good. Definately one to DVR and FF through all the "comeing up next" and commercials. I am in it for the long haul. I was quite taken with what a nifty man Tim is and want to see him fall in love. I predict it will be the woman who lost her finace.

No surprise that he eliminated his friend of 6 years. That was plenty of time to connect in a romantic way had it been possible.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yeah...had he been interested in her she would have known it a long time ago. I can't think of one man that I know who is interested in a woman who is too easy....especially if it was with him. And there's a tiny baby in the picture, now??? That just speaks more volumes to him about what she's been up to. I'm guessing that she "Lewinski'd" him, he accepted, and hurried up and moved on! That doesn't seem to be any big deal these days.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ugh. This is what they replaced my beloved "Love in the Wild" with? Ugh

FORT Figment

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am going to give this a chance. Gulianna said that all the men fell in love. One of the men have never said "I love you" before.

It seemed rushed and I am confused as to what happens. Maybe when we see all the men get their group of woman it will become more interesting. I assume we will see dates and connection between them.

This may turn out to be good. Definately one to DVR and FF through all the "comeing up next" and commercials. I am in it for the long haul. I was quite taken with what a nifty man Tim is and want to see him fall in love. I predict it will be the woman who lost her finace.

No surprise that he eliminated his friend of 6 years. That was plenty of time to connect in a romantic way had it been possible.
    Totally agree with all of this, ShoePie. Willing to give it a chance and I definitely noticed the adoptions from The Glass House.

To the one who didn't warm up to Bill and Gulianna -- might be different if you knew their backstory. So they're trying to do something as a couple - lots of us are OK with that.

All IMHO

I watched the first episode last night. I am trying to figure out how the formulae will work. Will he continue to date behind the scenes while they air the other men's choices?
    I don't hate Guliana but she does have an odd alien look about her. She is so thin with those huge eyes. I have never seen her before last night. I remember her husband on The Apprentice but other than that, nothing.
    I kind of liked "farty" Haley.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I watched the first episode last night. I am trying to figure out how the formulae will work. Will he continue to date behind the scenes while they air the other men's choices?
    I don't hate Guliana but she does have an odd alien look about her. She is so thin with those huge eyes. I have never seen her before last night. I remember her husband on The Apprentice but other than that, nothing.
    EXACTLY!! You have finally put into words what about her appearance bugs me so much. Her big teeth don't help, either. Her appearance is just distracting. Bill is just boring. I can't figure out what TPTB see in them.

Haley's(sp?) screaming insecurities annoy me. It's like she's given up on herself, "so why should anyone choose her?" She can be quite funny, though, and that part of her is likeable. Major anxiety, I guess, which can be annoying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I just find her creepy She is way way too thin
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I just find her creepy She is way way too thin
    She is a breast cancer survivor, and I believe has also has had a double mastectomy. I just wonder if her illness has affected her appetite ... as well as her looks.

Props to her for not sitting home and moping!

Bill looks like HE has gained weight. Maybe he finishes what's on her plate.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread