+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Ready For Love (NBC Tuesdays)

Re: Ready For Love (NBC Tuesdays)

Thank you I think it will be cup of tea and naptime viewing
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

I am not sure I like the idea of the coaches picking the bottom three. But I will give it another week, because I like Tim and want to "meet" the other 2.
    Yes, I wasn't too keen on the coaches picking the bottom 3, either. I actually thought it was quite odd that the one coach picked Haley for the bottom 3 b/c it seemed that Tim had a lot of chemistry with her. As for the "fart" comment that the coach said was never to be uttered, well, in all fairness, Tim did ask her what her most embarrassing moment was, so I did not think the coach should have held that comment against her.

I enjoyed the show for the most part. Tim seems like a nice guy. Parts of the show were draggy. Hubs fell asleep after the first hour.
    Vonna and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yes, I wasn't too keen on the coaches picking the bottom 3, either. I actually thought it was quite odd that the one coach picked Haley for the bottom 3 b/c it seemed that Tim had a lot of chemistry with her. As for the "fart" comment that the coach said was never to be uttered, well, in all fairness, Tim did ask her what her most embarrassing moment was, so I did not think the coach should have held that comment against her.

I enjoyed the show for the most part. Tim seems like a nice guy. Parts of the show were draggy. Hubs fell asleep after the first hour.
    I think she meant the word ... and not the moment. I guess Haley could have euphemised that. ... but the story really just makes her human so I agree with you.

I'm getting my blondes mixed up. Is she also the one who called herself the "old maid"?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

echo,yes, Haley is the one who called herself an old maid at the ripe old age of 31.

So I had finally time to watch the last bit.
    Okay I knew Leah wold go home. he had already have sex with her.
    Do all those girls read Fifty Shades of Grey? I ask because especially Leah could not stop pouting or biting her lip. And she was not the only one.

Some observations. I did notice that at the end when the coaches talked about the dates when it was Sarah's turn, the music suddenly became soft and sad.

Music is a very important weapon of producers. In the bachelor every time that annoying girl (Courtney?)spoke, the music became like the stuff they use in horror movies.

Blonde annoying list girl with the huge white and very horsey teeth. Men do not like women talk about lists (except maybe if it is about sex?)

Piano girl was very assertive. It felt if it was Jim's turn to become shy and insecure. Does she wear color lenses?

Talking about insecure like the fart girl but her crying did nto really help to make her attractive to him I think. He is so not going to end up with her. I did like her.

Oh and OMG this was so much worse than expected. I did expect having to forward at the beginning but not that I hd to forward so many times. Coming up next...5 minutes later. Coming up Later, 5 min. later. And next week. aaaaargh...

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    echo,yes, Haley is the one who called herself an old maid at the ripe old age of 31.
    So perhaps presenting herself as a farting old maid was reason she was picked.! Okay! I think I get it as that is not a good way to make a good first impression. The good news is that regardless, Tim still kept her around.

Mohandas Gandhi

All things considered ... he show is good for a laugh!

Mohandas Gandhi

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Personally, I do not care for Bill & Giuliana as hosts. I was not really familiar with them before now. I don't find them warm at all. And there is something about Giuliana that bugs me. It might be that she is so skinny, with so much dark eye make-up she looks like a character from a Tim Burton film.
    prhoshay and Coco46 like this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I watched all but the last 5 minutes of the first hour. Then had to turn to DWTS for elimination. It didn't impress me enough to turn back.
    I think it falls into the category of If nothing else decent is on, it's passable. Nothing more.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I tried to watch last night, but just couldn't get through it. Just awful.

I saw Ready for Love and all I got was this lousy headache
    If you missed the two-hour torture-a-thon that was the premiere, the show is basically "The Dating Game" meets "The Bachelor" meets "Deal or No Deal" with a generous serving of "Death Race 2000" and human trafficking.
    Yep, that sounds about right.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread