+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Ready For Love (NBC Tuesdays)

Re: Ready For Love (NBC Tuesdays)

You know, I just watched this yesterday and I don't remember any of the names of the women. I just get mad at myself for not remembering vital things when I go to post.

Now that you mention it, I was rooting for Shandi in the Shandi vs. Alba cooking and later spats. And, I know you are right in that the wait for an annulment would be too much unless one was really, really committed to a marriage. I just really liked the TX girl we hardly saw, but I guess she stayed in the good memories friend zone.

I just have a feeling Tim will go for home-town girl Jenna, even though he also questions her maturity. I think she could be a groupie for his band and possible for an affair, but not a marriage. Sara is that woman, but I wonder if Tim is mature enough to really want what she can offer.

Thank you for pulling me back to objectivity and away from my nastiness. It hurts when memory fails.
    Critical likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You know, I just watched this yesterday and I don't remember any of the names of the women. I just get mad at myself for not remembering vital things when I go to post.

Now that you mention it, I was rooting for Shandi in the Shandi vs. Alba cooking and later spats. And, I know you are right in that the wait for an annulment would be too much unless one was really, really committed to a marriage. I just really liked the TX girl we hardly saw, but I guess she stayed in the good memories friend zone.

I just have a feeling Tim will go for home-town girl Jenna, even though he also questions her maturity. I think she could be a groupie for his band and possible for an affair, but not a marriage. Sara is that woman, but I wonder if Tim is mature enough to really want what she can offer.

Thank you for pulling me back to objectivity and away from my nastiness. It hurts when memory fails.
    It's like my mom always says in reference to the Bach - they all start out with noble goals about finding their wife, but then they end up in a hot tub with a bunch of girls in bikinis.....and they end up picking the blonde with the big boobs. With a few exceptions, I think women do better on these dating shows when they're the person doing the choosing.

I think Alba came on the show feeling animosity (and a little inferiority) toward Shandi because of their history in the Miss Universe (?) world where Shandi came out ahead of Alba. I really do get tired of people whining about how hard it is to date someone who is also dating a number of other people, like they've never watched one of these shows before. I wished that Eduardo hadn't let Alba come back after she left.

I liked Kristen, but like you, I think she was just friend zone material.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

You know, I just watched this yesterday and I don't remember any of the names of the women. ...

I just have a feeling Tim will go for home-town girl Jenna, even though he also questions her maturity. I think she could be a groupie for his band and possible for an affair, but not a marriage. Sara is that woman, but I wonder if Tim is mature enough to really want what she can offer...
    I just watched today and I don't remember their names. I like the show, but it was hard to mentally keep track of 3 groups of girls.

I too think Tim's going for Jenna (I hope he doesn't). When they were in "the garden" and Jenna told Tim she was falling in love with him, his whole face lit up. To me, Jenna seems as much caught up in the situation as she is with Tim. I'm also not sure she's mature enough to deal with Tim's being on the road so much. She's a cute girl, just too young.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I guess I'm not seeing Shandi in the same way. I'm a brunette too, but I don't care about the hair color or anyone else. I never liked Alba. Her snotty comment about Shandi during the cooking date just came off like sour grapes. I think Shandi's a good match for Eduardo. There's more to compatibility than speaking Spanish. I also think Alba's divorce was more of a problem for him than he let on.

Whatever anyone's feelings are about Shandi, I can't imagine not swooning a bit at that ending. That was pretty freaking romantic.

I'm REALLY hoping Tim will make the choice of a grown-up and pick Sara. Whenever he describes his feelings for her vs. his feelings for Jenna, I wonder why he's conflicted. It's just so obvious that Sara's a better match for him long term. I've been really impressed with him so far, so I'll be disappointed if he picks Jenna. She's just too immature.

I don't care who Ben picks. I've never gotten a feel for who he is and I think both of his final two are good matches. They seem like nice girls. I was happy to see him give that nasty Tarryn the boot. What a witch.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I guess because of the format of the show, I don't really remember that much about Shandi. I recall Ernesto saying (numerous times) how much he liked Shandi, but not much other than the Hawaii date. Yes, super romantic ending - and a surprise. (And I'd love it, if The Bachelor would end it early like that sometime - with the bachelor or bachelorette being able to say, this is the one, there's no need to keep anyone else around any longer.

KK4
    FORT Fan

I'll be disappointed with Tim if he kept Sara and didn't choose her in the end.

I still have hope for Sara even though his eyes lit up when Jenna told him she loved him (in the garden.) Remember the very first show when they gave a small glimpse of the season and there is a shot - I think it is Tim - down on one knee under a tree. Now if that is the Santa Barbara tree then there is a chance he is proposing to Sara as that is the special place he took her on that date sequence.
    Nice'n'Easy likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

KK4
    FORT Fan

I still have hope for Sara even though his eyes lit up when Jenna told him she loved him (in the garden.) Remember the very first show when they gave a small glimpse of the season and there is a shot - I think it is Tim - down on one knee under a tree. Now if that is the Santa Barbara tree then there is a chance he is proposing to Sara as that is the special place he took her on that date sequence.
    I don't remember that part from the first show. I hope you are right! He knows what she's been through...I don't see him being so cold hearted to bring her to the end just to say goodbye.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

KK4 and Arielflies - I hope you guys are right. That's the outcome I'm hoping for.

I won't comment until others have had a chance to see the Finale, but surprises all around.

I checked to see who Tim picked. Saved myself the trouble of watching the episode It's like Patty Stanger says - the p*cker does the picking. After appearing to be the anti-rock star, Tim definitely reverted to type, didn't he?

I didn't really care who Ben picked, so I just am not going to watch the episode at all.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I feel like Tim was looking for a do-over from his first marriage when he made his choice.

I can see why this show failed so badly.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

+ Reply to Thread