+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By prhoshay
  • 1 Post By Dragonlady
  • 1 Post By Dragonlady

Thread: Forever Young

Forever Young

This is a new reality show just starting. I couldn't find any threads so I'm starting this one.
    I recorded what I thought was the first episode but turned out to be an overview of the season instead.
    They put 5 seniors (over 70) together in one house with 5 juniors (20s) and have challenges where a senior is paired with a junior.
    I love the premise and what I saw looked good.
    But you never know. It could be bad also.
    Here's an account I found online about the show.

Forever Young is an American reality television series that premiered on TV Land on April 3, 2013 from Ashton Kutcher and Jason Goldberg's Katalyst (Punk'd, True Beauty), and 3 Ball Productions headed by executive producers J. D. Roth and Todd A. Nelson (The Biggest Loser, MasterChef).

It states it started on April 3rd but that was just the overview. Guess the episodes will be on next week.
    I'm going to give it a try because I think it would be great to see these different types work together. And the Seniors are funny.

FORT Fogey

Re: Forever Young

Thanks for the heads up, I will put it on my DVR. Sounds like it could be interesting; it has good producers.

I think it has already premiered, I watched it On Demand today. They don't usually put them on demand until it has aired. Falling between the 2 ages (35) I can see both sides of the coin. I really liked it, I am going to stick with this one.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I watched the first episode. It intrigued me enough to want to watch another. I usually get a kick out of elderly people, choosing to learn from them as I go along. One girl has a pretty nasty attitude, and then you eventually learn why. One young guy seems to genuinely like his partner, and that is refreshing. One young guy seems to be paired with a guy JUST LIKE HIM....dumb and dumber.....blind leading the blind.

I don't think I gave away anything that would ruin the first episode for anyone.
    AmyKay likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for the heads-up! This sounds like a good one!
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I love the premise of the show but I'm not sure I like the format. It seems so rushed at times.
    But it is heart warming to watch both the young and the old appreciate each other.
    AmyKay likes this.

FORT Fogey

I kind of like this.

I guess I'm just an old softie and there's so much out there that is freakish, ghastly, pitiful, etc that something that makes my heart smile is good.
    Then I'll watch the HouseWitches tear each other up.
    AmyKay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread