+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Splash

Splash

I just noticed this on a few nights ago. A reality show with 'celebrities' learning how to dive from former olympian Greg Louganis and host Joey Lawrence! Louie Anerson is in this, the little girl from the Cosby Show--Keisha Knight Pullman--Kareem Abdul Jabbar and others too unknown by me to remember.
    There is a competition to have one leave every week. You get to see them practice and learn these dives. Some of it seems a bit dangerous, and it seems a fun bit of fluff to watch them get better every week.
    Watch Splash Online - Watch Full Episodes Online - ABC.com

Re: Splash

I saw the first 15 minutes and It was awful- really really awful

I guess Chewy (sp) hurt himself and couldn't compete.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My oldest is a diving coach. I will have to point this out to him. I didn't know it existed so thanks.
    cablejockey likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I have to admit they're kinda pulling out the desperation bit for ratings here in reality TV, which ABC does have problems with now that they took away "The Mole." I mean even that circus competition made much more sense.

Will say it may be worth it to see Louie Anderson dive though.
    Shoepie likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't like that the stars all do different dives so how can you judge them against one another? It comes down to a popularity contest rather than a skills challenge.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I have to admit they're kinda pulling out the desperation bit for ratings here in reality TV, which ABC does have problems with now that they took away "The Mole." I mean even that circus competition made much more sense.

Will say it may be worth it to see Louie Anderson dive though.
    Free willy jokes abound.

I love The Mole.
    cubsfan55 and nanarama like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

tbamom, They're apparently doing a variation of it mixed in with some elements from "Murder in Small Town X" called "Whodunit?"

That said, on Splash - I will say this probably is a filler between two season's of a show or prior to the above reality show I mentioned. Will say that I DO respect these contestants for doing something I couldn't do - dive headfirst into water. (BTW, I find a lot of these "celebrities" not celebs... too many are reality tv contestants).

I enjoyed it and I thought Greg Louganis looked fantastic. I had the pleasure of watching him practive in Boca Raton years ago. It was fun and impressive to watch the 7'2" Kareem attempt to dive. Same with Louis Anderson with his weight and his fears.

In real competitions, divers do not do the same dives. They put together a list of dives they will perform and are judged on the execution and degree of difficulty. That's pretty much how this one went although I think that Louis was overscored and Keisha was a little bit underscored.

I do play to keep watching.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This show was pathetic and boring! It made no sense at all. P-U!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This show was pathetic and boring! It made no sense at all. P-U!!!!!
    Ditto.I saw Louie Anderson almost fall( not dive) into the water, we never saw how this 300 plus pound man got out btw, and I turned it off.Baaaad
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast