+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Splash

Re: Splash

Has anyone heard anything more about what was going on with Kareem after his dive. Did he have a concussion, or did he just manage to put himself into a state of disorientation and shock by doing something that he SO DID NOT want to do?

I really wonder why he is doing this. It doesn't seem to be something that he really wants to be doing. Is he in financial trouble? I saw reports the other day that someone is accusing his charity of being a fraud. I just wonder what going on for him in general. It makes me sad to see him doing this. It doesn't feel triumphant or a fun challenge like it seems to be for some of the others.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I'm just guessing and I surely do not know, but I think Kareem may still have that competitive urge and this was somewhere he could use it again. I also don't know what happened to him, but I think if he had any serious injury or long-term effects, we might have heard about it by now.

This is all just speculation on my part.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I don't know if this is a spoiler or just considered news, but I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Nicole Eggert was apparently hospitalized after doing a brutal back flop while filming this week. She was released after being under observation for several hours.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

April 23rd episode.

Synchronized diving with young children. Isn't there an old show business adage about not working with kids of animals. Anyway great show tonight, sad to see Kareem go but it was the right decision. Four left, Drake, Rory, Nicole and Brandy. Only two more episodes to go and Chuy is back next week.
    Florimel and NEPASue like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Brandi and Nicole deserved to come in 1 and 2 this week. Nicole, especially, continues to amaze me. Kareem, who will always be Lew Alcindor to me, really tried and showed class all the way. Diving is difficult enough without trying to spin and twist a 7 foot, 65 year old body around. He should feel proud.

The only one I've had about enough of is Drake Bell because of his spoiled kid attitude. I can see he's competitive and is really trying, but so is everyone else and they all remain gracious.
    NEPASue likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

After all of the press about Nicole's diving accident, I was surprised that they didn't show it. I guess that's the high road in a way, but strange nonetheless. I'm sure glad she's OK. I like her, and I'm so impressed with how well she's doing!

And here is the link to the photo of her back and bruises. Nicole Eggert -- PHOTOS Of Gruesome Diving Injuries ... In a Thong | TMZ.com

I am really enjoying this show. The ep with the kids last week was awesome...they are so good! (then again, they are kids with skinny bodies and no fear and are a lot more flexible than the adults.) But I thought the kids coached well and everyone did great synchronous dives, even if some didn't enter the water with perfect form.

I was also shocked and thrilled that Joey Lego Hair and the girl did dives fully clothed last week!
    Florimel likes this.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

April 30, 2013 - the final four

Ouch..I thought Drakes response of "at least I dive head first" was really a very nasty dig against either the guest Tony Hawk or Rory and it just seemed very mean spirited. He should know better being in showbiz like he was.

Drake is really unlikable and a big BABY! I'm pretty sure his comment was directed at Rory, who has a broken eardrum for goodness sake. Why would he put his entire future at risk my diving in head first and causing permanent damage?

I was sorry to see Drake advance. I'd really like him ti just go away!
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread