+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Splash

Re: Splash

I'm going by a process of elimination and guess that Kendra was the diver who quit the show.

Count me in as being one who thinks Louie dropped out to defer to whom he feels is a better diver. I say to him keep up the good work in his weightloss fight, and for having an overall more humble character in his abilities and toward his fellow contestants. It was however cool to see him dive.

Then again, they're all doing what I can't do - dive off a high dive that tall let alone a flip. I can't even dive head first - don't know how to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That was Nicole doing a practice dive right before the taping of the show. Or are you talking about next week's ep?
    I'm not sure. I saw this preview back before the show first started. It looke so scary, like the woman was standing at the end of the board, jumped up as if to dive, but changed her mind and ended up landing partially dangling on the board.

I thought Rory's dive was amazing. I'm sure he has some advantage, but entering the water head first and straight in is very different from landing feet first and leaning forward. I think he's working really hard as all the ones who remain are doing.

I wasn't surprised that Louie made that gesture and I think he showed his courage in diving and his class in withdrawing. I doubt Kareem will last much longer. It's just too hard on his tall and aging body as the dives get harder. As much as I do not like tweeting, I had to laugh at a tweet that flashed on screen as Kareem approached his dive. It went something lie, "Clear all air traffic. Kareem is on the high platform." Just struck my funny bone.
    Ellen and NEPASue like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not sure. I saw this preview back before the show first started. It looke so scary, like the woman was standing at the end of the board, jumped up as if to dive, but changed her mind and ended up landing partially dangling on the board.
    That was Nicole, she was practicing before the show and was doing a handstand at the edge of the diving board and she couldn't hold the handstand and one arm sorta collapsed and she landed on the edge of the board with her chest and then went over the edge and landed on her back in the water.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Im totally confused. Louie was eliminated last week. Idid not watch last night. So how is it he withdrew? Did they bring him back? Please let me know!
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Im totally confused. Louie was eliminated last week. Idid not watch last night. So how is it he withdrew? Did they bring him back? Please let me know!
    Louie came back because Catherine was injured and couldn't continue, so according to the rules, the diver eliminated last is invited back.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I want Greg Louganis to be my coach.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I didn't realize before now that Rory was the husband of the skier who died last year. That was such a tragedy!
    NEPASue likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Believe me when I say that I understand why Greg is a hero to Americans but to me he is just another example of sports heroes getting away with breaking rules (illegally competing in the 1988 Olympics by not disclosing his HIV status). I absolutely know what the political climate was around the disease in those days since I am old and was around so I can sympathise with his struggle, however I get tired of people who get held up as an icon because they are good at something and aren't held to the same standard of behaviour as the average Joe.
    What Greg did was not against the rules. This happened over 25 years ago and it sounds as if you are still angry over it? There are plenty of athletes, politicians and regular joes who have done much worst things.
    Ellen, Florimel and redsox girl like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I didn't realize before now that Rory was the husband of the skier who died last year. That was such a tragedy!
    Oh, that is sad!
    NEPASue likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread