+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Splash

Re: Splash

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Do we know if she even did the dives during practice? Maybe she didn't and maybe she also told the producers that she wouldn't do it and they said "Save it to make a big announcement and quit on the show."
    I can see reality producers arranging it that way for the most dramatic effect.
    oh ick....yeah that makes perfect sense - in their world at least!
    NEPASue likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I am bummed Louie is gone. I so enjoyed his presence on the show. It is obvious the other contestants feel the same way. I realize he could not have gone far, but I think he might inspire people to become active. It must have been brutal for him to practice, more so than anyone else. Yet, he worked as hard (and in one sense much harder) than others. I'm glad they are showing more of the practice sessions as we are able to see just how brutal and painful the training is. I noticed they brought the scores way done this week. However, I still have a beef with the younger judge. He gave Louie a 5.75 because `you hit the water hard.` Umm, hes 425 pounds, he has no choice but to hit the water hard, thats out of his control! Come up with a better, legitimate reason.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

I haven't been able to catch this show like I wanted to. Can someone tell me who the person was that fell off the board in the previews? It looked like they slipped and dangled on the board. Please only advise IF IT IS NOT a SPOILER. If it hasn't been shown yet, I wouldn't want you to post here.

OMG, Louie Anderson is my hero going off the 33 meter board.

PS: He is 60 yrs old and only 5'7".
    Ellen likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kareem is my hero too.
    Ellen likes this.

Again Louie shows what a gentleman and a great guy he is by bowing out and letting Brandi Chastain continue on with the show.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-16-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Only 3 more episodes left with 5 contestants left, Kareem, Drake, Rory, Nicole and Brandi.

I would like to see a final three with Drake, Nicole and Brandi as they seem the most evenly matched. Kareem is not up to their skill level and Rory as a professional extreme skier who does flips all day long has an unfair advantage to his skill set. I am surprised to see how much I am enjoying this show. I do hope Kareem is OK and not hurt by what was a very hard entry into the pool.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-16-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    NEPASue likes this.

Forgot to mention luv'ed Brandi's swimsuit tonight. She finally looked like she had boobs in previous episodes her swimsuit tops either squished her or mashed her down and it was not attractive.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Again Louie shows what a gentleman and a great guy he is by bowing out and letting Brandi Chastain continue on with the show.
    When I saw this, I thought: Okay, he's not up to another dive, so he's bowing out to save face.
    Then, after thinking a bit more, I'm guessing that it's more of a case in which Louie suspects he may get the "sympathy vote" (I'm sure the scoring ... system? ... is as painfully obvious to Louie as it is to the rest of us), so he's deferring to the better diver and making sure she continues.
    Best wishes to Louie for great karma, prosperity in health and career, and the granting of a wish that he's never verbalized, perhaps even to himself.

On another note: I can't even imagine a 90 or close entry for someone with legs like Kareem's. Oh-em-gee.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I haven't been able to catch this show like I wanted to. Can someone tell me who the person was that fell off the board in the previews? It looked like they slipped and dangled on the board. Please only advise IF IT IS NOT a SPOILER. If it hasn't been shown yet, I wouldn't want you to post here.
    That was Nicole doing a practice dive right before the taping of the show. Or are you talking about next week's ep?

+ Reply to Thread