+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Splash

Re: Splash

I'm watching (with a lot of FFing) mainly to see Greg Louganis.
    AFIC, the sooner Kendra gets kicked out, the better.

P.S. LOVED seeing Louganis dive with the other guy.
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-02-2013 at 11:30 PM.
    cablejockey and redsox girl like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm watching (with a lot of FFing) mainly to see Greg Louganis.
    AFIC, the sooner Kendra gets kicked out, the better.

P.S. LOVED seeing Louganis dive with the other guy.
    How old is Greg Louganis? Hes in amazing shape-loved watching him dive again. My goodness Kendra is an exhausting person, emotionally and psychologically. Even her partner was frustrated. Kendra, hun, heres the thing: what part of high diving led you to believe you wouldn`t, you know, have to dive from a high spot? Geesh, the meltdowns, the swearing, the dramatics. It`s as if she doesn't comprehend other people on the show are struggling as much as she struggles. Glad she quit. Sums up her attitude.
    Ellen, Shoepie and cubsfan55 like this.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Greg Louganis is 53. The tandem dive he did with Boudia tonight was fabulous.

I could not be happier that Kendra is gone. I saw her sour face while the other contestants were diving. She was the only one who did not congratulate Louis, she looked daggers at Nicole, and she didn't crack a smile when Greg and David performed their dive. I have a couple of phobias, myself, so I do understand unreasonable fears, but they all had six weeks of training before show 1. She certainly knew or should have know what she would be facing and if she was that afraid, she should have withdrawn before the first show and given someone else a chance.
    Ellen, redsox girl and cubsfan55 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Believe me when I say that I understand why Greg is a hero to Americans but to me he is just another example of sports heroes getting away with breaking rules (illegally competing in the 1988 Olympics by not disclosing his HIV status). I absolutely know what the political climate was around the disease in those days since I am old and was around so I can sympathise with his struggle, however I get tired of people who get held up as an icon because they are good at something and aren't held to the same standard of behaviour as the average Joe.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I could not be happier that Kendra is gone. I saw her sour face while the other contestants were diving. She was the only one who did not congratulate Louis, she looked daggers at Nicole, and she didn't crack a smile when Greg and David performed their dive. I have a couple of phobias, myself, so I do understand unreasonable fears, but they all had six weeks of training before show 1. She certainly knew or should have know what she would be facing and if she was that afraid, she should have withdrawn before the first show and given someone else a chance.
    But you see, dropping out would've been the classy, sensible thing to do...oh wait! she wouldn't have had her time before the CAMERA.
    Glad she's gone, maybe I'll catch it next week to see Nicole, & Brandi.
    I would've loved to see Greg dive, hopefully he'll do some more
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I missed last night, but do not fault anyone from not diving from a high dive. I HAD to jump from a high dive in college as a course requirement. We were not properly instructed and I received two injuries from doing it. I was terrified, but forced myself to do it and suffered back pain for 12 months afterwards. It is serious stuff.

I'll have to catch this episode On Demand.

Good interview with Greg Louganis about his new role as a mentor for olympic divers . He`s there to help them through emotional and psychological issues. As well as teaching them how to cope with the pressure put on them by The Olympic organization. Ihttp://news.yahoo.com/greg-louganis-back-us-diving-fold-own-terms-115848328--oly.html

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I missed last night, but do not fault anyone from not diving from a high dive. I HAD to jump from a high dive in college as a course requirement. We were not properly instructed and I received two injuries from doing it. I was terrified, but forced myself to do it and suffered back pain for 12 months afterwards. It is serious stuff.

I'll have to catch this episode On Demand.
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. What a terrible way to treat actual students in a diving course!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

The dive Greg and David did was worth watching last nigh. Wow.

Why on earth did David score that team a 10? Brave dive but they did not enter the water like an arrow which would constitute a 10. They both rotated.
    Ellen, Florimel and redsox girl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The dive Greg and David did was worth watching last nigh. Wow.

Why on earth did David score that team a 10? Brave dive but they did not enter the water like an arrow which would constitute a 10. They both rotated.
    I think David is the biggest problem with this show. His scores are all over the place and he isn`t consistant in his reasons for his scoring.I agree that a basic set of scoring standards should be in place. But, then how do you score a 20 year old who can do all sorts of things against a 60 year old whose 7 feet tall or 450 pounds? Obviously they wont be able to do the same things. Or do yo score based on progress? Better to do a clean well executed simpler dive than a sloppy poorly executed difficult dive?

+ Reply to Thread