+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Splash

FORT Fogey

Re: Splash

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I have to admit they're kinda pulling out the desperation bit for ratings here in reality TV, which ABC does have problems with now that they took away "The Mole." I mean even that circus competition made much more sense.

Will say it may be worth it to see Louie Anderson dive though.
    I miss the Mole! It was the best show of all time, for me. With Anderson Cooper. The second season they tried a celebrity version with another host. It was horrific.

The first show was lousy and I can't put my finger on why. The judging scores made no sense, not everyone dove and it just seemed random.
    nanarama likes this.

Splash

Oh no! Who brought up the Mole? That is my all-time favorite reality show. Ever.
    NCLurker and jenniferboston1 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I enjoyed it and I thought Greg Louganis looked fantastic. I had the pleasure of watching him practive in Boca Raton years ago. It was fun and impressive to watch the 7'2" Kareem attempt to dive. Same with Louis Anderson with his weight and his fears.

In real competitions, divers do not do the same dives. They put together a list of dives they will perform and are judged on the execution and degree of difficulty. That's pretty much how this one went although I think that Louis was overscored and Keisha was a little bit underscored.

I do play to keep watching.
    I found it odd that Kareem chose the lowest board and did a simple dive and Keisha was eliminated for a better dive on a higher platform.

I watched the show since I was on a swim team from the age of 6 to 16. I found myself flipping the channels a lot and was totally bored. The judging stinks, they made it evident that people got points just because of who they were. Very evident with Kareem when they said they gave him a higher score because he was able to do that with his height. It is one thing to give praise and say they were impressed by it, but basing his score on anything other then the dive is just a crock of something. Yes I realize they can't be judged on the same scale as "normal" divers. But they should all be judged on the same scale.
    prhoshay and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    I watched the show since I was on a swim team from the age of 6 to 16. I found myself flipping the channels a lot and was totally bored. The judging stinks, they made it evident that people got points just because of who they were. Very evident with Kareem when they said they gave him a higher score because he was able to do that with his height. It is one thing to give praise and say they were impressed by it, but basing his score on anything other then the dive is just a crock of something. Yes I realize they can't be judged on the same scale as "normal" divers. But they should all be judged on the same scale.
    And they mentioned his age as a factor for the score.

Don't know if anyone watched tonight but it was great to see and hear Greg Louganis totally call out Kendra on her theatrics. Kendra being Kendra she swore at him like a sailor. Then she did something expected (because she is so calculating) in order to win sympathy and points from the judges: She was crying before her dive. She kept hesitating. Yelled I love you to her son before diving. You know, all the usual, pathetic , drama behavior. The judges, being idiots, fell for her crap and way over-scored her. She winds up in second place! Meanwhile, alternate Brandi Chastain, who did not have the luxury of training with Greg Luganis executes a much better dive but winds up in second to last place What the heck? Apparently Kendra will win the whole thing.
    Ellen and cubsfan55 like this.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Don't know if anyone watched tonight but it was great to see and hear Greg Louganis totally call out Kendra on her theatrics. Kendra being Kendra she swore at him like a sailor. Then she did something expected (because she is so calculating) in order to win sympathy and points from the judges: She was crying before her dive. She kept hesitating. Yelled I love you to her son before diving. You know, all the usual, pathetic , drama behavior. The judges, being idiots, fell for her crap and way over-scored her. She winds up in second place! Meanwhile, alternate Brandi Chastain, who did not have the luxury of training with Greg Luganis executes a much better dive but winds up in second to last place What the heck? Apparently Kendra will win the whole thing.
    Before this show -Greg had no idea who she was. I can't stand her, she did celebrity wife swap before this
    Ellen, Florimel and cubsfan55 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was impressed with Louie Anderson. Yes, I have a soft spot for him, so that makes me no better than the Judges. But at least he he didn't use melo dramatics. I do think the judges have to factor in certain things when judging , like weight, age, height and so forth. But it has to be reasonable. Theres no reason Kareem-Abdul should still be in the competition over Keisha. She should still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Before this show -Greg had no idea who she was. I can't stand her, she did celebrity wife swap before this

That's probably why she `bleeping hates` him I really enjoyed it when he said `I`ll go work with someone who needs me.`
    Ellen likes this.

Also impressed with Nicole Eggerts dive and her decision to do it after falling during practice. Now, that had to be scary!
    Ellen, Shoepie and zookeepertx like this.

+ Reply to Thread