+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Splash

Re: Splash

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Drake is really unlikable and a big BABY! I'm pretty sure his comment was directed at Rory, who has a broken eardrum for goodness sake. Why would he put his entire future at risk my diving in head first and causing permanent damage?

I was sorry to see Drake advance. I'd really like him ti just go away!

! In spades and doubled. What a brat he is.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    ! In spades and doubled. What a brat he is.
    And oh-so-typical of NuDisney.
    Britney, anyone?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Those costume-y swimsuits the girls had on last week were ridiculous, especially Brandi's weird tiger one but at least she has a skinny enough bod for such a non-forgiving suit. Was disappointed that she scored so low. Nicole continues to amaze me with her diving abilities (she did that "snap" thing in the dive-off that her little coach did the week before).

I am rooting for Rory to take it all; not a fan of Drake & if Nicole wins, I won't be disappointed.
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    Those costume-y swimsuits the girls had on last week were ridiculous, especially Brandi's weird tiger one but at least she has a skinny enough bod for such a non-forgiving suit. Was disappointed that she scored so low. Nicole continues to amaze me with her diving abilities (she did that "snap" thing in the dive-off that her little coach did the week before).

I am rooting for Rory to take it all; not a fan of Drake & if Nicole wins, I won't be disappointed.
    I have to agree I would prefer it if Nicole wins and will not be disappointed if Rory does. I did get my next week TV Guide and it looks as if the audience decides who the winner is and I kinda don't like that idea. What's the point of doing a perfect dive if the audience likes Rory's free styling flips?
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I have to agree I would prefer it if Nicole wins and will not be disappointed if Rory does. I did get my next week TV Guide and it looks as if the audience decides who the winner is and I kinda don't like that idea. What's the point of doing a perfect dive if the audience likes Rory's free styling flips?
    I'm with you, Bearcata! I really like Rory, and he's great at the dives, but a lot of the skills are a variation on something he already knows how to do well. Nicole was starting from scratch, and I'm very impressed with how far she's come!
    Ellen likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nicole on Dancing With The Stars now that I have seen how hard she works at her diving.
    Punkin, Ellen, Miss_Griss and 2 others like this.

Don't forget the finale is tomorrow.

May 7, 2013 - Splash season 1 finale.

The Judges move Nicole and Rory to the face off dives. I will be happy with either winning, but I still think it an unfair advantage that Rory is a professional athlete whose skill set includes acrobatics. The other two athletes I felt were on par with the actors as being a professional footballer and retired basketball player did not give them any advantage over the other participants.

I really thought Nicole might edge out Rory because her dives tend to be cleaner. OUCH, that hurt. Nicole did a really neat double back flip off the tower and then landed flat on her back. If she had been up 10 feet higher she would have made it and it would have been clean.

Rory does a double twist and double flip and goes in head first. He wins.

Overall I enjoyed the show.

PS: Hope Nicole is OK.
    Florimel likes this.

I was glad to see that Drake had an attitude adjustment this week, and I was also glad he wasn't in the final.

As for how Nicole is doing, I'm wondering if they filmed this several weeks ago and this was the dive that sent her to the emergency room. I wondered why they had never shown that dive after such a fuss was made of it on the Internet. Maybe this is why.

I agree about Rory having an unfair advantage. Too bad Nicole had such a bad last dive. I think she could have given him a run for the money otherwise.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread