+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: LA Shrinks (Bravo)

LA Shrinks (Bravo)

I did not think this would be good. But it is chalked full of things to think about.

Anger from California traffic--I would be angry too; the only thing to do is move away from that or accept it

Wanting a child issues--transitions times appear to be problematic; if a guy does not want kids and I wanted kids, I would have to rethink the feasibility of that relationship. I do not think there is any shame in divorce....or wanting what you want (kids).

Wife wanting attention all the time--she might have abandonment issues
    You can do it!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: LA Shrinks (Bravo)

For me, Bravo has become the network to watch. They have more fun shows that I enjoy than any other channel. I've been pleasantly surprised by so many of their new shows, that even tho I too am not crazy about the pro-mos for LA Shrinks, I have a feeling that it will end up being a fun show to watch. And most importantly, I have a feeling that the on-going characters will be the shrinks, and not their patients - who will probably change from episode to episode. So if we are interested in the shrinks and their back stories, we'll like the show.
    Lizard and jenniferboston1 like this.

On the preview--the shrink's husband who tells her her bad breath is horrible. I think he must have horrendous bad breath; and he is a horrible husband. If her breath is really bad, why did he marry her? Vote for worst person on the show--that husband
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This show was pretty bad. I guess I don't get enjoyment out of seeing nuts act out.....both the shrinks AND their patients.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Absolutely!

Honestly, most of the time traffic doesn't bother me anymore, hello! it's a way of life! Though, once in a great while when my kids are late for school I verbally say, "Where the heck do all these people come from?" much to the chagrin of my kids!

I DVR'd this show and haven't watched more than a few minutes, but look forward to viewing in its entirety. Though so far reading everyones post, I wonder if this show will survive.

[QUOTE=Lizard;4617236]I did not think this would be good. But it is chalked full of things to think about.

Anger from California traffic--I would be angry too; the only thing to do is move away from that or accept it

I was pleasantly surprised by this show. I though it was entertaining. I will keep watching. It was featured on The Soup, so you know what that says about it. lol

I can handle traffic okay. It's just when other drivers try to kill me that I get annoyed!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I liked this show. They chose some interesting therapists, and that rageaholic patient is a crack-up (in a funny way, not, like a mental way).
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Rage-aholic is a good word. She looks like she is going to have a stroke. It has to have some sort of physical effect on her. And she does pose a danger to others when she is spending time having a fit.

I liked the expression on her face when she was asking her psychiatrist questions, like a little child warming up to the fire.

And that one girl who really does not like the sexual aspects of her boyfriend or husband, but likes her arm sized dildo.
    You can do it!

I found the female therapist with kids to be very intriguing. I'm not sure what it is, but I like watching her. I like her hairstyle. I do think she's a little crazy. Really. She still seems highly medicated to me. She does sound like she has great credentials.

The male therapist who has a partner strikes me as odd too. Even before he talked about their open relationship, I find it odd. Something is not right there. Granted, they have been together for 23 years, but IMO, something is very off. I wonder how this ceremony is going to change them. I think the guy is funny though.

The married female therapist who doesn't have kids, strikes me as odd too. I actually feel sorry for her. In what world of therapy would you tell a couple to have a child to repair some aspect of the marriage. She's deluded herself to think a baby will make it better. IMO, her husband is just not that into her....at all. I would hire a private eye. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I found the female therapist with kids to be very intriguing. I'm not sure what it is, but I like watching her. I like her hairstyle. I do think she's a little crazy. Really. She still seems highly medicated to me. She does sound like she has great credentials.

The male therapist who has a partner strikes me as odd too. Even before he talked about their open relationship, I find it odd. Something is not right there. Granted, they have been together for 23 years, but IMO, something is very off. I wonder how this ceremony is going to change them. I think the guy is funny though.

The married female therapist who doesn't have kids, strikes me as odd too. I actually feel sorry for her. In what world of therapy would you tell a couple to have a child to repair some aspect of the marriage. She's deluded herself to think a baby will make it better. IMO, her husband is just not that into her....at all. I would hire a private eye. Really.
    I never thought about it. But you are probably correct. His excuse about getting sex on track before he had a kid. What? I have never heard anything like that. If he was really a sincere guy with fears, he would have said to her promise me that you will always allocate couple time for us.....He might not be worth the fee that she would pay to the investigator or the emotional trauma she would suffer doing that.

Those comments about the breath probably shocked the other lady. Why would you be intimate with someone like him?
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast