+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Whodunnit? - ABC

ABC will give would-be detectives a chance to find a (fake) killer in a summer reality series called "Whodunnit?"

The show comes from "CSI" creator Anthony Zuiker and veteran reality producer Cris Abrego ("Rock of Love," "America's Most Smartest Model"). It combines elements of "The Mole" and FOX's 2001 show "Murder in Small Town X," with a setup reminiscent of an Agatha Christie novel.

Thirteen contestants will live together at "a glamorous estate" and solve a different case each week; those who don't will be eliminated. One of the contestants is also the "killer," and the contestant who unmasks him or her will win $250,000.

"I've built a career telling crime stories, and if there's one thing that I've learned, especially from 'CSI,' it's that the audience loves to solve the mystery," Zuiker says. "'Whodunnit?' allows everyday fans to be in the show themselves and get the chance every week to do what they love best, which is ultimately solve the case."

"Whodunnit?" is set to premiere in the summer.
    ‘CSI’ creator brings ‘Whodunnit?’ mystery reality show to ABC - Zap2it

I like mystery. Could be interesting. I never watched The Mole though.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

Sounds interesting even though I didn't like The Mole that much.

This could be a lot of fun. I didn't like The Mole either, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this show plays out.

We loved The Mole here, and love murder mysteries so unless it's up against a never-miss show I already watch I will watch this.
    NCLurker and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I hope it's good.

This could be the only reality show where saying "I want so-and-so dead" would be appropriate.
    Photobabe likes this.

Looks interesting. There was another show back in 2001 like this, but I forget what it was called. Not the Mole.

Never mind. I just read the lead post.

I wasn't fond of The Mole either, but I do love mysteries and this could be fun if done well. It brings to mind the theaters where the audience is involved to solve a murder mystery, or perhaps the home party game, both of which I've enjoyed. I hope they allow the viewing audience to play along rather than just showing us the outcome and letting us watch the contestants vie to solve it. In any case, I'll take a look.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Wow, Florimel, I was just going to say that this show reminds me of two things I know I would love and have never had the chance to do....and that would be a Dinner/Murder Show and the party game Murder!
    I gotta get out more!
    cablejockey likes this.

I'm guessing the "The Mole" aspects of the show will be a quiz to find out who the killer is and the lowest score is eliminated. The "Murder In Small Town X" elements will probably be where the contestants are actually observing and watching people who are the owners of the mansion /town residents and getting clues that way.

I AM hoping they do not necessarily include the "night vision excursions" of the contestants going to try and find the killer with one of them being "killed" off. That got a little too real for me.

My question will be if Fox will cause an uproar with any similarities to "MISTX." I say this because this is the show that the winner - Angel Jurabe, a New York Firefighter - was killed during the Sept. 11 attacks. The show had been a success; however, after his death they choose to not bring the show back.

It sounds like Murder in a Small Town to me too, but on a grander scale. I will definitley give this a look see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1234567891011 ... LastLast