+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think the flight attendant may be an actress. She is acting the naive ingenue and that doesn't fit with the job. I was a flight attendant and never came across a coworker who was wide eyed, naive or "kinda not that bright." That is the way this contestant is acting to me. She sees the "dead" body and graps the hand of the woman next to her. That is just silly, little girl stuff. I have my eye on her.

I also suspect Don. I think he made an error in acting dumb with finding out information.

I have ruled out Ulysses. He said, in diary talk, "red flag, morgue is in the house, we are not driving to it." I paraphrase. Very odd. It is a TV show, of course the morgue is going to be on the set!
    Good points and I went duh with Ulysses' observation about the morgue.

The thing is, when people arrived, they knew they were in a "solve a mystery" type show, they didn't know the the mysteries would be murder mysteries. I like that everyone (except, of course, the first victim and the murderer) did not know this and the shock they showed was real.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

There was a comment made near the end of the episode that, coupled with something that happened near the beginning, pretty much narrows the choice down to 2.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    There was a comment made near the end of the episode that, coupled with something that happened near the beginning, pretty much narrows the choice down to 2.
    Which two and why? That is what will be fun on this thread, our observations, guesses and deductions. Don't hold back. Deductions are not spoilers!

Well, if we're going to go by deductions, to me it was pretty easy to determine that the musketball was shot by a slingshot and some distance by someone with good precision. I still don't get why anyone would think drowning to begin with when there's glass CLEARLY EMBEDDED in her forehead - which may explain why they broke the laws of physics here and had it in her forehead (to reduce - hopefully - the chance folks would say that she drowned) not to mention it's pretty obvious it was the same height off the ground as most of the women's heights (meaning she couldn't fall forward into it and drown).

If it IS by some chance Don, I will say then he is as bad as the last Mole, being so blatantly obvious from the get go we knew it was him.

I do have one minor quibble in the teasers for the season - the killer drugs one of the women from the looks of things (cholorforming her). Now one has to wonder if they are going to try to do some of those psych out killings where they're distracted by one who isn't dead but out cold to allow the killer to "get" another victim.

I think they will succeed in keeping folks interested in it to the point it'll have a season two, but they do have to be careful to not make it "Clue: The Movie" campy.

FORT Fogey

Drowning was a bad guess by Dante who was not very bright. He was in the group that saw the body, too. You have to wonder if he was set up to be the first one out to get the ball rolling. It seemed staged to me. I wish I were not so skeptical of reality TV, it ruins the fun sometimes.

Yes, of course, we all knew she was killed by the sling shot. Only two of the contestants missed the run to the box that held it. That was Don and a blonde woman.

If the teaser shows someone getting chloroform, we have to assume that is the next victim. It would then be up to the contestants to figure out the way she died and who had the motive or opportunity. I missed this. Can you see which woman?

Only 3 people plus the killer know who the killer is. No one on the production crew nor the butler or maid know. They are keeping that locked up tightly. I like that.

On my theory with the flight attentdant. There is a bit of hocus pocus there. In her talk to the killer, at the end her words were, "she was standing in front of the aquarium, but we know she didn't die then." I take that to be a carefully edited or staged clip. We know she saw the sling shot and knew that was the cause of death. Are they trying to mislead us to think she didnt fully get it? See? This is where the bad side of reality TV clicks in for me. We have to figure out who the killer is and navigate tricky editing and manipulation If we were there it would be different. The houseguests don't see the tomfoolerly.

The first Mole was clean and a great show.
    Punkin and Florimel like this.

FORT Fogey

The killer wrote with its right hand on the mirror and fired the sling shot with the left. If we are to believe the actual actor who plays the killer was the one featured in all black then it is a slender person. Adrianna and Dante were the only left handed people at dinner. Dante is gone and Adrianna is too heavy to have been in black if, indeed, they are being accurate.

So what is up here? The person in black seems feminine but if that is not the real killer do we disregard?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Drowning was a bad guess by Dante who was not very bright. He was in the group that saw the body, too. You have to wonder if he was set up to be the first one out to get the ball rolling. It seemed staged to me. I wish I were not so skeptical of reality TV, it ruins the fun sometimes.

Yes, of course, we all knew she was killed by the sling shot. Only two of the contestants missed the run to the box that held it. That was Don and a blonde woman.
    I don't think so - I genuinely think Dontae was a flat out idiot. From what I remember he clearly knew about the musketball in the back of the neck and yet think she drowns. UNLESS he really did the fire stunt on his own... and the makeup didn't imply he did both ... I think he was that bad at guessing.

If the teaser shows someone getting chloroform, we have to assume that is the next victim. It would then be up to the contestants to figure out the way she died and who had the motive or opportunity. I missed this. Can you see which woman?
    Not necessarily as it was for the whole season (they also included the shed blowing up, another death being set up that didn't correlate with what I saw).

I didn't see the woman specifically but she looked like she had dark hair. Bear in mind the scene looks like it may be at night - then again most of the "killings" may be in the night.

If I can snag my hands on the teaser for the whole series, I may be able to deduce a few more potential spoilers for the season. I do think that - at least for the show, the "killer" we see is production to keep the person totally a secret.

Only 3 people plus the killer know who the killer is. No one on the production crew nor the butler or maid know. They are keeping that locked up tightly. I like that.
    This I too agree with. As good as I think they are, I would worry about the butler and waitstaff accidentally reveal a secret in their mannerisms.

On my theory with the flight attentdant. There is a bit of hocus pocus there. In her talk to the killer, at the end her words were, "she was standing in front of the aquarium, but we know she didn't die then." I take that to be a carefully edited or staged clip. We know she saw the sling shot and knew that was the cause of death. Are they trying to mislead us to think she didnt fully get it? See? This is where the bad side of reality TV clicks in for me. We have to figure out who the killer is and navigate tricky editing and manipulation If we were there it would be different. The houseguests don't see the tomfoolerly.

The first Mole was clean and a great show.
    I do laugh though that there were three potential deaths that the investigators could've used, but none really mention the electrocution theory. They either said the musketball death or - well, drowning.

What I do think they're going to do is have them see two or three theories in the crime scene which can lead to deception/confusion, meaning your best bet is either to go to the morgue or last place the person was seen alive. This reduces some of the theories because they're all there at the scene of the crime - and therefore can usually get a decent amount of information at that first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

What I do think they're going to do is have them see two or three theories in the crime scene which can lead to deception/confusion, meaning your best bet is either to go to the morgue or last place the person was seen alive. This reduces some of the theories because they're all there at the scene of the crime - and therefore can usually get a decent amount of information at that first glance.
    Yes, I think they will add layers to the crime scene to make it confusing for everyone. In the preview, it shows someone diving to the bottom of the pool to possibly retrieve something.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I wouldn't be too surprised if Melina was the killer.

My guess at this time goes toward Don. He and Dontae were rumored to be one of the next victims. Dontae misdiagnosed the form of death and then met his demise. Don, whose former real job should have made him sharper in the clues presented, is presently off our (and the contestants) radar as a suspect in the very first episode and so now we can leave him alone and move on to others. Maybe I am being influenced too much by the mole (so similar to Don) in the second season of The Mole.
    Last edited by Coco46; 06-26-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread