+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I do think the "murders" should be less obvious and I thought it was ridiculous that the contestants were talking like this was seriously a game of life and death when clearly the "victims" didn't really die. False drama always gets on my nerves.
    I don't think it's so much the "death" as how it was handled. People have huge fears of being burned, shot, well basically any type of cruel, painful death. Even in reality TV, there is a suspension of disbelief when you get on the show, therefore you think it's real then remember inside your head it's not.

My problem is if they're not careful the viewer will be able to tell you what happened, and then want to be on the show - the cases themselves are too easy if you're detail-orientated.

We had a huge power outage where I live last night so I missed the first show. Missed the first show on a whodunit series? Ack! Hopefully I can watch it online lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I love this show! I guessed Katherine was the mole early on, by deduction. As a producer, who would I want to be the mole?

For now I think the retired cop is the killer. As a detective he should have known to examine the body first, not the crime scene. Elementary. The first question is always "how" did they die. The body tells that story. This show is not about finding clues at the scene as to "who" did it but rather how it happened. Obviously they are not going to find, finger prints, hairs or DNA.

My next best guess is the man who found the missing window pane and lock combination. Why would he show others the clue? Because production wanted him to. And how did he happen to go directly to that window? It was in the script.

This will all change, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    We had a huge power outage where I live last night so I missed the first show. Missed the first show on a whodunit series? Ack! Hopefully I can watch it online lol.
    Apparently people can watch any show on ABC for free online. I haven't tried it, but you probably have to agree to receive a lot of spam in your inbox.

I looked at the ABC page for this show, and there are a few photos related to snakes. I missed the first couple of minutes of the show, but I don't recall seeing snakes, or signs saying "Enter at your own risssk". Also, there is a twitter feed provided on the page. The killer seems to make several references to animals. The first killing tangentially involved fish, but I don't see how animals relate to Dontae's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Evande View Post
    Apparently people can watch any show on ABC for free online. I haven't tried it, but you probably have to agree to receive a lot of spam in your inbox.
    I've watched a lot of shows on the ABC web site, including part of last nights broadcast. I have never gotten any spam from them and you don't have to agree to anything or download anything to watch.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I missed it too.... and hate to watch programs on my computer. Does anyone know if the first episode will rerun at all this week or before episode 2 on Sunday? the Mole was one of my favorites... would love to catch this one too.

I watched episode one last evening. Interesting.

Many here are comparing it to previous show ... Murder in a small town and the mole ... and I have never seen either of those shows, so maybe I can watch it as a purist without comparisons.

This one moved a little quickly for me ... but next time it will be easier. At this point, I am only certain of three names, Sherry, Dontae, Don ... and Giles!

There were also a few things that were brought in and then not mentioned again unless I missed it ... such as the 30 minute "bell"?

I think they want us to think the lady crime writer who nobody wanted to sit with might be the killer ... and they want us to think Don is NOT the killer.

ETA: So maybe the killer is Don or the girl who thinks he's a former Detective?
    Last edited by echo226; 06-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    I missed it too.... and hate to watch programs on my computer. Does anyone know if the first episode will rerun at all this week or before episode 2 on Sunday? the Mole was one of my favorites... would love to catch this one too.
    You can check TV Guide.com to see if the episode will be shown again in your area. I find their tv listings very handy when I've missed a show and want to see when it will be repeated.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I watched episode one last evening. Interesting.

Many here are comparing it to previous show ... Murder in a small town and the mole ... and I have never seen either of those shows, so maybe I can watch it as a purist without comparisons.
    There aren't really any aspects of either if you haven't watched that affect the enjoyment of the game.

What they combined here was (based on my observation only, there may be more):

MISTX

the realism of the deaths in the show (though unlike MISTX, you do not see "bodies" until the end of the season),

having to find clues to solve the murders, "reading the Killer's question/game" (i.e. Gilles' reading the killer's notes and being essentially the middle man),

And two people play the "Killer's game" where two folks are up for elimination, one is "killed" by the killer and the other is safe. (though here they stay at the mansion and do not travel anywhere else).

Mole

The killer in this game is the equivalent of the Mole - unknown factor trying to mess up people's deduction skills.

The contestants are essentially through their debriefing statements are answering questions about "the killer" and the number of right questions (here the points of the murder case itself) determining if the person is safe or here one of two people up for being killed.

In BOTH deductive reasoning played factors in finding out who the killer is.

I think for the most part they took the best parts of both and combined, taking out here for Mole - you win money per contest, MISTX - eliminating a suspect if they got the Killer's question right.

And though I do hope they AVOID this, they do not include a MISTX idea that was removed because in that show it affected game play (due to fear, not affecting outcome) - that the killer supposedly kills someone who is "alone."

This one moved a little quickly for me ... but next time it will be easier. At this point, I am only certain of three names, Sherry, Dontae, Don ... and Giles!
    Better than me - Don and Gilles (Giles? - which spelling) were whom I knew

There were also a few things that were brought in and then not mentioned again unless I missed it ... such as the 30 minute "bell"?
    Distraction - because NO ONE knew what the game was supposed to be yet and the girl died before the 30 minute bell. I doubt it's used in the future. (this is also why I have speculation as to part of the next COD might be).

I think they want us to think the lady crime writer who nobody wanted to sit with might be the killer ... and they want us to think Don is NOT the killer.

ETA: So maybe the killer is Don or the girl who thinks he's a former Detective?
    I don't think Don is the killer - at least yet. He's just trying way too hard to look like a 'Football coach' or whomever he was trying to disguise himself as. Either that or way too much to drink. He was also WAY too vocal about what he got wrong and the like, which would make most people go "OK, if he's that grandstanding... he's the killer."
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 06-24-2013 at 03:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread