+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

Hoping this is good. It makes me miss Murder in Small Town X.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, I liked the first episode. Definitely attention keeping.

Overall I liked it - and like how it is similar in ways to "MISTX" (which Dagwood I miss too but given that the winner died a few days later in the Sept. 11 attacks I can see why they decided to not film any more stories).

Here is what I liked/don't like:

1. The cast is an active part of the crime - be it investigators or the deceased. My guess is the person who is "Killed" films their death after they are eliminated in the game, so no one knows who goes when.

2. I like how they have to do their own report and tell how the crime occurred. I do not get - at least right now - WHY they would need the name of whom they were thinking did the crime though, unless they have too many people who get the EXACT scenario right they have to have a tiebreaker.

3. The butler is not too obtrusive, and adds a nice sense of humor to the show.

4. I don't like the fact the cases - at least right now, are pretty easy to figure out. I knew the first victim (who I'm sure was cast knowing she was going to be eliminated), was:

a. killed with a slingshot when they produced the musketball. It was too big to be fired by a gun and a musket would be far to big (and in the case of a woman too heavy - I've picked one up) to lift.

b. Add to it the way the glass fell, I knew she had fallen forward into the glass after being hit (and BTW - it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY she'd had shards of that shape embedded in her head - they looked like quartz crystals) and

c. the electrocution was a distraction as there would most likely be markings alluding to electrocution on her (unless there can be markings inflicted post-mortem, but most of the folks here wouldn't know that).

5. I also don't quite like the some of the obvious leanings toward how the next victim dies. Not only did I call that this one would be fire, I also right now predict:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that at least part of the cause currently for the victim's death in this next go will be partially caused by the sleeping clothes that he wore.

As far as the teaser... well, they did have some minor spoilers from what I've seen, but as far as who is the killer in this game so far, I don't have an idea who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Cast pics are up on the site.

Whodunnit? TV Blog - ABC.com

I'm gonna guess Dontae with the Candlestick in the Library.
    Bad luck Johnny!

I like the show, but I have no clue at this point about who could be the killer. All I can say is that I think the killer is male, judging by the way the shadow walked during the cut-scene of the killing. It makes me think of three people in particular, but I can't remember their names. Of course, the shadow could have belonged to a member of the production staff and could have been of no consequence.

I didn't like Dontae from the start. If he's "technically a writer", then anyone who can write their name is a writer, which probably pisses off actual writers who make a living at it. I laughed that Dontae was so convinced that the cheerleader drowned. Her makeup was not smeared, and there was no evidence to suggest water in her lungs. I think the people who went to the morgue would have had access to an autopsy report. He was correct that you can drown in very shallow water - but you have to be face down or at least have the head turned sideways for that to happen - and she was face up. I think that he believed the drowning angle so much, that that is what got him killed. Is it a coincidence, or a terrible joke by the producers that he ends up face down in a pool?

Which brings me to my next point: Was that an edit, or did Dontae actually come running out in flames? It's possible under proper supervision, but I'm guessing that it was an edit, the director yelled "Cut!" and then asked Dontae to float in the pool for a few shots. How do the other players react to that? They are aware that there is some staging, but when the whole shoot is manipulated in front of them like that, do they still believe that their suspicions matter?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    b. Add to it the way the glass fell, I knew she had fallen forward into the glass after being hit (and BTW - it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY she'd had shards of that shape embedded in her head - they looked like quartz crystals)
    I didn't like that either. In the cut-scene, her head only cracks the glass, there are no obvious shards in her forehead.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Which brings me to my next point: Was that an edit, or did Dontae actually come running out in flames? It's possible under proper supervision, but I'm guessing that it was an edit, the director yelled "Cut!" and then asked Dontae to float in the pool for a few shots. How do the other players react to that? They are aware that there is some staging, but when the whole shoot is manipulated in front of them like that, do they still believe that their suspicions matter?
    It was all probably 100% real, same with Sheri's death.

I like to treat it like a fictional TV show

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I liked the show pretty well. It reminded me of the Mole in a way that the group is supposed to be working together but one of them is deceiving the others.

I do think the "murders" should be less obvious and I thought it was ridiculous that the contestants were talking like this was seriously a game of life and death when clearly the "victims" didn't really die. False drama always gets on my nerves.

I wish I had done a pool for this show because it looks like it would have been a fun one to do so. If the first season goes well and the show returns, maybe I will have a pool for it.

By the way, I would have chosen to go to the victim's last whereabouts as I thought that would give the most clues about the murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Evande View Post

My guess is, it was a professional stuntman running to the pool in flames. You could not actually see the person being burned. They knew it was Donte because he was the only one missing from the group.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Overall I liked it - and like how it is similar in ways to "MISTX" (which Dagwood I miss too but given that the winner died a few days later in the Sept. 11 attacks I can see why they decided to not film any more stories).

Here is what I liked/don't like:

1. The cast is an active part of the crime - be it investigators or the deceased. My guess is the person who is "Killed" films their death after they are eliminated in the game, so no one knows who goes when.
    It was sad that Angel died in the 9/11 attacks.

I don't understand what you mean by they film their 'deaths' after their elimination from the game. I thought their deaths would be their elimination. The others would have to know to eliminate them as a suspect. It was my understanding that the person with the guess the farthest from the truth is the one eliminated. My coffee hasn't kicked in so I apologize if I didn't quite understand what you were saying. :
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    It was sad that Angel died in the 9/11 attacks.

I don't understand what you mean by they film their 'deaths' after their elimination from the game. I thought their deaths would be their elimination. The others would have to know to eliminate them as a suspect. It was my understanding that the person with the guess the farthest from the truth is the one eliminated. My coffee hasn't kicked in so I apologize if I didn't quite understand what you were saying. :
    What I mean is none of these folks would know how they'd "died" ahead of the game, because one wouldn't know when and where they'd be eliminated. Additionally, if it's night you'd have to film it at night, etc.

So what I'm saying is that after they are told they are eliminated (similar to the green light "killer" in MISTX, though I am sure that being there by yourself and suddenly having another sound would scare anyone), they spend a couple of hours making up the person and filming their death scene so they can show US the viewer what really happened. It also allows the person to do their lay down and dead bit for the "Scene of the crime" scene.

This is especially true when doing otherwise (filming the death scenes prior to coming on the show), would've taken away from the game (as these folks didn't know what show this was going to be), and could lead to contradictions in costume, etc.

This does not mean that I think Dontae did the running man on fire bit (far too dangerous unless he has done it before), but I do feel they had to handle it this way.

As far as setting up the most recent murder, most likely during the night while the others were sleeping they had Dontae get into the pool and float while they shot the scene quickly, then got him out, let him hide in the "morgue" and then set of the fire alarm, allowing the stunt double to run out and dive into the pool. Then you edit in the "death" shot.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread