+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    But Cris said she wasn't told how any of the murders were done, she was guessing along with the other contestants each time.
    Yeah, I'd seen that in interviews as well. I suppose it would have been harder to act if she really did have all of the info. By solving things along with everyone else she didn't have any way to slip up. And since the game was REALLY about who solved the puzzles the best, her not having info meant that she couldn't rig the game by feeding people info she knew to be true or false, which would have been pretty awful from a "fair play" standpoint.

I didn't really like the way they decided the winner. All season they had to state their case and whoever was the worst was the next to die. To determine the winner they just had to solve some clues and get to the last clue first. Kam never once guessed Cris as the killer all season and he even accused Giles of being the killer in the finale. Lindsay named Cris as the killer either all or almost all season and did not accuse Giles of being the killer in the finale but because Kam solve a clue first his wins. They should have had to state their final case to win.
    mountaingirl70 likes this.

CCL

The murderer accusation and stating of the case didn't matter during the show. They all took a quiz (not shown) on the details of the murder and the one with the lowest score was killed, and the highest scorer was the winner. So the final quiz was a continuance of that. Though there should have been some sort of bonus/advantage for guessing the killer right I think.
    Duckyface and Photobabe like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I still think Cris messed up by never giving herself a "Scared" card.

In that article I posted, didn't Ulysses say that the killer could give anybody else, including themselves, the second "Scared" card?

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    I didn't really like the way they decided the winner. All season they had to state their case and whoever was the worst was the next to die. To determine the winner they just had to solve some clues and get to the last clue first. Kam never once guessed Cris as the killer all season and he even accused Giles of being the killer in the finale. Lindsay named Cris as the killer either all or almost all season and did not accuse Giles of being the killer in the finale but because Kam solve a clue first his wins. They should have had to state their final case to win.
    We never saw the written quiz that they all took that determined the actual loser each week, but when you boil it down this was a "solve the puzzle" show dressed up in a pretty tuxedo and called a murder mystery. It really could have been about ANY sort of riddle, and there didn't need to be a killer among them to have the basic puzzle/riddle/quiz format work for a contest show. I did like it, though.

That said, it led to IMO a very weird sort of reveal of the killer (Cris aping what Kam said and then jumping to her scripted rhyme: there's a reason she's not a professional actress.... not that I'd have been much better I'm sure), and it seemed like Kam didn't know exactly what was supposed to happen after she revealed. In the fiction she really could have just offed him right there, but the gameshow part meant that he'd won... so yeah.

I enjoyed Gildart Jackson as Giles, too. I think he sold a lot of the show by performing that role well.
    Shoepie and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fan

It was The Mole with death.
    Trust Me!

The ending was pretty strange, almost comical. Kris and Kam didn't seem to know what to do. Kris's riddle reveal was silly. I loved the show as a while, but the ending was corny.
    Ellen, Shoepie, Duckyface and 2 others like this.

It was funny that she obviously was given a couple of "key" lines to deliver and he ruined the setup each time. She sounded like a possessed person or something blurting out those nonsense lines in response to something he said, which was completely different.

FORT Fogey

I don't think this will see a second season. It just wasn't good. If they could bring back the Mole, in the same fashion as the first season, it would be a hit. No celebs, set in Europe and an understated host.
    Joseph Dampier likes this.

+ Reply to Thread