+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

Of course there IS the chance Kam just said "They're lying to me anyway" and did his own thing.

But it really was silly for him to say heart attack when a. the signs weren't consistent with that theory and b. well... all the other deaths have been showy (even if COD isn't as such) so why think it was that simple?

One other nitpick though - they really shouldn't have horses riding that close together. Sure, they want to add tension, but I know of some breeds HATING others and you don't want to cause a fight. I personally nearly had a chestnut bite me because he hated ONE Appaloosa (not mine) and thought mine (which was not nearly as grey) was said "mean" horse.

I'm realizing that there are usually several paths to figuring out how the murder was done and/or the cause of death. When I saw that the note last night mentioned both the word, "element," and the letters "C" and "N", that practically yelled cyanide poisoning to me. It's been decades since I studied chemistry, but I think the formula for cyanide is CN. I was surprised that they used the cherry red skin as a clue since I usually think of that as a symptom of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and the more well known smell of bitter almonds as the clue to cyanide poisoning. So, one way or another, they all had access to the information needed without what Geno found.

Right now, I'm thinking of Dana as the killer only because she always seems to have a friend of relative that has provided her with the knowledge she needs to figure it all out. This time it was someone who worked somewhere that cyanide salts were used. Just a guess.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Dana is the killer

Personally, I suspect Kam; however, it has less to do with the fact that he was the first person who decided to form a group. If I were assigned the role of killer in this show, I'd try to put together a team of people I consider weaker players, with maybe one or two stronger members, then use that to my advantage as I pick off the players on the other team. That way, I'd have the chance to eliminate the threats while having at the same time appearing to be playing the game.

Plus, the fact Kam's up for elimination this week with the only other person on the team who could be considered a strong competitor (from his team), he's set up to have a pair of weak teammates for the rest of the game, all the while eliminating the other team.

At least that's my take.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I also suspect Lindsey. She is the only one whose job (engineer) doesn't correlate, like the other contestants jobs does, to "crime scene investigating." On top of that, Don's murder was meticulously crafted, thus she would be the ideal candidate for the murder with her being an engineer. I definitely believe that it's either Dana or LIndsey. But again, I thought it was Don and....... Well....

Can't wait til the next episode....

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm realizing that there are usually several paths to figuring out how the murder was done and/or the cause of death. When I saw that the note last night mentioned both the word, "element," and the letters "C" and "N", that practically yelled cyanide poisoning to me. It's been decades since I studied chemistry, but I think the formula for cyanide is CN. I was surprised that they used the cherry red skin as a clue since I usually think of that as a symptom of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and the more well known smell of bitter almonds as the clue to cyanide poisoning. So, one way or another, they all had access to the information needed without what Geno found.
    It is - but it's what creates the family group of cyanides. It means that they have Carbon and Nitrogen in the mix (hence CN). Did like the creativity of putting the clue in the element chart too - not many folks would think to look there, even with the clues.

I think they used the red skin more to show that he didn't die from the mauling from the mountain lion.

This holds true because based on what I've read on cyanide poisoning (for this show only) he would've turned BLUE.

Problem with blue skin however is that it can be many types of death - including heart attack and choking (both possible deductions in the scenario they set up and Don's age). In my job, I've seen it for an electrocution victim. Pretty nasty to say the least.

Thanks, jadewarlock for confirming what I thought I recalled. Picturing the periodic table in my mind, I think the atomic numbers of Carbon, Nitrogen, and Oxygen and 6, 7, and 8 in that order, so they would all appear together for those who looked at the table in the house.

I always enjoy when a tv show lets me think and remember what I learned so long ago. Exercise for the mind, as it were. There were a lot fewer elements in the table when I was in school.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

You're welcome. To my knowledge up to 106 they're stable (and named - 106 Lawrencium), and now up to about 122-125

LOL the confirmation bias runs deep on Cam's team. Ulysses and Lindsay stupefied when they hear cyanide, with Ulysses saying "that's not the type of thing you can guess." But lets rewind for a moment... remember that two girls from Cam's team eavesdropped at the beginning of the episode, and they head the other team theorizing that it was poison that killed him. So yes, you can guess that, and they did. However, Cam's team thought it was improbable and threw that out out. "There's no way in a million years I could have guessed cyanide". What the hell!? THEY OVER HEARD THE MASTER PLAN AT THE BEGINNING AND IGNORED IT.

You know Endit - that's what got me the most... the stove that Don was going to light was a GAS stove. Just dawned on me that it was a gas stove they showed - they had the burners with the dots, not coils.

They didn't even need the cyanide to guess that the killer could've rigged the stove to release enough propane/gas in the air to asphyxiate Don and then the lion bite into him. They got propellant right on Dontae's gear so... there you go.

Then again - I have a feeling a lot of Kam's team (and himself) eat a lot of take out and haven't even SEEN a gas stove let alone there's a difference between it and an electric stove.

(BTW - to clarify my recent post on the elements - there are 118 recognized as actual elements, but they've got a few more that are unnamed and don't last more than a fraction of a second. Others do not occur naturally - about 91 are natural elements).

+ Reply to Thread