+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

FORT Fogey

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

A huge component missing is any focus on when and how the murderer had the access and time. And the way the murders happen take a huge amount of time. There is no way they can look back and think who was missing at the time the murder occurred. It is just not part of this show. That is disappointing to me. The Mole covered this aspect.

Yes, I think it was dummy for the long shots and Adrianna was there only for the close ups. I do like how they have the victim talk during the credits. Nice touch.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Okay, the last set-up was a tad too contrived. Steak and egg, really? And Don so stumbling willing to get up from the table in order to cook the raw steak himself, in a darkened kitchen. At least he had adequate production prep time so he could put on a good face to the others before leaving.

It looks as though they are really going too tranquilize the mountain lion so he can be examined.

Why so dramatic...why can't someone just be pushed down the stairs, or strangled, or shot?

I did enjoy seeing Adriana pop up her head as she lay a bloody/scorched drape over the tree limb. It was good too hear from her.

This episode's clues were easier to follow, it seemed. Though I am surprised that Ron who viewed the tape in the attic couldn't piece together as succinct a scenario as Lindsey, who was closest to figuring it out. Besides being a double agent this episode, maybe she is also the murderer. At least no one will talk to her next episode, so we'll see how she does.

Giles still named only one maid when they started their tours. The opening says "one among them" is the killer. Them now includes the staff as well as the contestants. I know, I know...staff is ruled out, but still.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-08-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Okay, the last set-up was a tad too contrived. Steak and egg, really? And Don so stumbling willing to get up from the table in order to cook the raw steak himself, in a darkened kitchen. At least he had adequate production prep time so he could put on a good face to the others before leaving.

It looks as though they are really going too tranquilize the mountain lion so he can be examined.

Why so dramatic...why can't someone just be pushed down the stairs, or strangled, or shot?

I did enjoy seeing Adriana pop up her head as she lay a bloody/scorched drape over the tree limb. It was good too hear from her.

This episode's clues were easier to follow, it seemed. Though I am surprised that Ron who viewed the tape in the attic couldn't piece together as succinct a scenario as Lindsey, who was closest to figuring it out. Besides being a double agent this episode, maybe she is also the murderer. At least no one will talk to her next episode, so we'll see how she does.

Giles still named only one maid when they started their tours.
    The opening says "one among them" is the killer. Them now includes the staff as well as the contestants. I know, I know...staff is ruled out, but still.
    He named two, Sophie or Sophia and the other one was Bernice.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fort Member

I thought this would be so corny but I love it
    So hope Cam goes soon and is not the murderer he is just so smug

FORT Newbie

I think it'd be fun if we all did a list of not only who we suspect is guilty, but of who we believe is not guilty and who we are unsure of. The following is my list:

Suspecting:
    Cris
    Lindsey

Unsure:
    Geno
    Ulysses
    Melina
    Ronnie

Not Suspect:
    Dana
    Sasha
    Kam

I had Don as not suspect but he's dead now so that point is mute. I trust Dana because she seemed generally upset in episode two about possibly dying. I trust Sasha because she gets genuinely pissed when people don't share info with her. It makes me think she must really want to win the money (and thus can't be the killer). Kam in my mind is making himself too hated to be the killer. If I was the killer I would try to stay off everyone's radar and not piss everyone off.

What are your guy's lists like?

FORT Newbie

I think they gave the clue of who the identity of the killer is from the T.V. in the Last Known Whereabouts room , Bret Michaels. I look it up and it had a list of famous people from his borough , not city , of birth , Mechanicsburg. What player is also from that same location , Ulysses. If that's not a dead giveaway , I don't know what is.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't tried figuring out who the killer is yet.

As a Criminology major, you'd think that would would have been my first objective but I've just been enjoying the show, watching the contestants try to figure it out.

One thing I learned from The Mole is you can't always peg the most suspicious person as being the sabateur because contestants will act shady to throw the other contestants off. I thought a lot of Don's conclusions were off for someone who was a homicide cop but I think he was trying to throw people off that he was a policeman since they were already suspicous that he wasn't a football coach. Plus, it's entirely possible that he's not a very successful homicide cop and that's why he got eliminated from the show early on.

You can't even call someone who's been in the bottom two free from suspicion because of course the killer is not going to be eliminated from the show. They could be in the bottom every week and still be the one who did it.

I was suspicious of Don, Adrianna, and Dana right off but since two of them have been eliminated, that leaves Dana as my only viable suspect.

Was Dana the one who kept trying to horn in on the other groups' conversations on the first episode and nobody wanted anything to do with her? Or was that Adrianna? In any case, I thought that was suspicious.

I guess I'll have to watch the next episode and try to start puzzling out who could be the killer. At this point, I feel like it could be any of them.

** I have to add I just did a Google search of Don to find out why he's listed as an ex-homicide detective and he wasn't fired and didn't quit. He retired after a distinguished career with the LAPD so he's no dummy. It's strange that he's out so early. Maybe he read too much into the clues and got off on the wrong track.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-08-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    ** I have to add I just did a Google search of Don to find out why he's listed as an ex-homicide detective and he wasn't fired and didn't quit. He retired after a distinguished career with the LAPD so he's no dummy. It's strange that he's out so early. Maybe he read too much into the clues and got off on the wrong track.
    They say the easiest things to solve at face value are the ones that tend to be the ones screwed up the most in assessment.

BOTH of the crimes that Don was deemed "scared" were relatively easy to solve, especially this most recent one. The ONLY thing that they all could miss is Ron's evidence the TV remote was the weapon, not the golf car one.

In the first one, it was the musketball that killed the woman, and I think Don said it was electricity or something.

I do like though that his "death" is an interesting one, even if it was pretty easy to see that it was him who was going. IMHO they should've had BOTH Dana and Don head to the kitchen, but only Don enter/stay inside (i.e. Dana needed to get someone else's plate, etc.) That's lead to more questioning who was going.

I never thought the killer was Don, but I did suspect Adrianna for a while. My instinct says not Kam because he's being way too irritating. I'd like to put together a list like Miggy's, but I think I need to rewatch and give it some more thought.

I AM enjoying this show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I didn't get the reason that the killer put the tree branch on the road. Why did he need her to drive off the road? I was thinking maybe the camera couldn't see the path, but that would be silly because the road is exactly where you would have surveillance cameras focused. So what was the point of that? No one seemed curious about how the killer got the message to appear on the TV. None of the girls investigating the last known whereabouts figured out it was a DVD and removed it from the player. It might have given them an extra clue.

From the beginning I have suspected Melina the most and Dana second most. Ronnie was added to my list tonight.

+ Reply to Thread