+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    My understanding was that Giles is in the employ of the killer; for him to show up again, in the employ of the killer, would just make him the least lucky butler in the world, since the "killer" would be a serial murderer.
    The killer is already a serial murderer! I'm sure the writers can come up with a moderately plausible reason why Giles is working for yet another killer. Giles is super creepy and perfect for the part!
    Florimel and Arielflies like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    The killer is already a serial murderer! I'm sure the writers can come up with a moderately plausible reason why Giles is working for yet another killer. Giles is super creepy and perfect for the part!
    They could have him say "My special guest loved how I used the utmost discretion for our previous guests, so he hired me - by the light of gunpoint and said kindly, 'I pay well after all - you help me out, you live.'"

(Well maybe not quite like that... but more like the "killer" likes his work).
    Florimel and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    My understanding was that Giles is in the employ of the killer; for him to show up again, in the employ of the killer, would just make him the least lucky butler in the world, since the "killer" would be a serial murderer.
    But it is just the set up for a tv show and it really doesn't matter that he is the least lucky butler. No one really thinks he is employed by the killer. I am pretty sure everyone knows he is an actor...including the participants.
    NCLurker, Florimel and Photobabe like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

CCL

Hey, if people kept living in Cabot Cove, even as people dropped like flies around Jessica Fletcher, no reason Giles can't be thr butler for another "murderer."
    Florimel and TripleGemini like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Hey, if people kept living in Cabot Cove, even as people dropped like flies around Jessica Fletcher, no reason Giles can't be thr butler for another "murderer."
    That would mean then Giles is Jessica Fletcher - when he's around someone some where is going to kick the bucket and folks are going to have to investigate.

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

Hi everybody! Been lurking here but finally decided to show my face.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Giles is my favorite part of the show - I just love how delightfully macabre he can be while at the same time playing everything completely straight - so I've been interested in the backstory they're giving him. The show's creator Anthony Zuiker wrote a book about a "season zero" of "Whodunnit?," which is also about Giles being the butler at an estate where ten strangers are brought in and the plot plays out like the show. At the end, the killer apparently places a curse on Giles that murder will follow him wherever he goes.
    Florimel and Photobabe like this.
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    The actor playing Giles is doing a great job. He's playing it over the top, as it should be in this case. Reminds me a bit of Alec Guinness as Bensonmum in Murder By Death. I'm enjoying this show.
    Every time I see Giles, I think it's Bob Eubanks from The Newlywed Game.

FORT Fogey

The Mole was the best ever in this genre. I am very disappointed with this show. I agree with everything Rembrant said.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The Mole was the best ever in this genre. I am very disappointed with this show.
    Same here. I won't be watching anymore.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Is there a new episode tonight?

Look what I got from Wiki:

After the first episode aired, some audience members at home were confused about whether or not the murders were actually occurring. On the official website, the series's producers give trivia and fun facts about production and describe in more detail on how the staged and fictitious murder scene was shot. Additionally on the website, viewers can watch exit interviews with the eliminated cast. On the second episode during the closing credits, a short clip of Dontae commenting on how he was "killed" was shown. All of these factors helped prove to audiences that the murders were fake.
    *sigh*

+ Reply to Thread