+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

I've caught up with this show, and truthfully, this show makes me miss the Mole so much more. I think the Mole is much more interesting in format and presentation. But I guess I'll take whatever I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by badora View Post
    I do not understand the posts thinking that the killer is either Giles or one of the staff. They were explicit that the killer is one of the "contestants." Like the Mole, a person could correctly guess the killer and they live on for another week (they don't know if they guessed the killer correctly, they'll only know how close they were to getting the facts straight on the murder). They will never know if they are correct until they "live" to the end when they will do some sort of reveal. At least with the Mole, it came down to three and the two that weren't the Mole had to answer the final quiz and in the event of a tie it was who answered it the quickest so I'm sure they will have some sort of tie breaker rule if it gets down to the end and everyone has the story the same.
    I agree here because they cannot do it like they did in "MISTX" because they do not have a "lead investigator" who gets immunity and in the final two, the last killed person gets to choose who got to follow their conclusion as to whom the killer was.

I DO think they erred here in a way in that the victim/other up for elimination doesn't do a last will and testament - though logically I guess that makes sense because adding an "immune" investigator could cause some issues - though it'd be funny if each time they chose the killer.

My two suspects are Melina (? I think that's her name, the flight attendant) and Don. The way I look at it, the murderer is not going to lead the contestants to the answer but rather distract them from figuring it out (at least that's what I'd do). Melina went down Adriana's bunny trail inspecting fire places which was ludicrous and incidently Adriana got the boot.

Don also both weeks did not get the extra clue. Too busy keeping the contestants from finding it, perhaps?

I'm enjoying this show alot!
    You have to be careful on misdirection though because several folks are doing it all the time and you would REALLY have to pay attention to what all was being misdirected. If you chose to focus on an aspect that wasn't seen in any cases, it could direct the issues to you.

You do make a good case though for both of these suspects - though I just can't see it being Don, at least yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinafire View Post
    I've caught up with this show, and truthfully, this show makes me miss the Mole so much more. I think the Mole is much more interesting in format and presentation. But I guess I'll take whatever I can get.
    I miss the Mole too, but given that two of the three average joe versions the folks could easily tell who was the Mole - the two men were bad compared to Kathryn (the original Mole), I am not too surprised. I think a couple of the contestants actually GOT the Mole right so the questions got increasingly difficult for that reason.

I did like that they showed Dante at the very end.

Luv'ed how creative the "murders" are getting...exploding golf carts and Adriana flying through the air to land in a tree.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

While I like this show, I'm not sure if it lends itself to a second season. I mean, if they do have a second season, it'd be really kind of distracting if they brought back the actor playing Giles, who has been phenomenal, because it would have to a really major coincidence for the same butler to be taken hostage by two different murderous madmen.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    While I like this show, I'm not sure if it lends itself to a second season. I mean, if they do have a second season, it'd be really kind of distracting if they brought back the actor playing Giles, who has been phenomenal, because it would have to a really major coincidence for the same butler to be taken hostage by two different murderous madmen.
    They could do it at another mansion and/or have it where the maids are hostage.

Which now leads me to speculate a possible scenario -

What if Adrianna has a similar one on her person that leads to the blow up of the golf cart?

They can't do a whole lot on an exploding cart itself, as they are battery powered (or at least most are) and a crossing the wires on the leads would lead itself to a tad too obvious reason for the cart exploding.

Unless of course they will be focusing on WHY Adrianna would try to use the cart as it is, given that they are told they are staying on the mansion campus?

Too bad Adrianna's the next murder. I liked her & was hoping she'd stick around a while.
    Photobabe and stacerace76 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    They could do it at another mansion and/or have it where the maids are hostage.
    I just think, I'd rather like for the actor playing Giles to return; he just feels right for the part of the host, but if he does return as the host, he'd have to be the most unlucky butler in the world, or in on it. Just saying.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge View Post
    I just think, I'd rather like for the actor playing Giles to return; he just feels right for the part of the host, but if he does return as the host, he'd have to be the most unlucky butler in the world, or in on it. Just saying.
    Or, another suggestion from "Murder in Small Town X" - the guests find the envelopes with the killer's special clue (similar to the Killer's question that eliminated a suspect - given they had actors playing the victims and the contestants as investigators only) and later on a bag with the cards that they have to hand to Giles so they know when they will be up for elimination.

The latter too could just be a tray that Giles has to pick up from the servant's service area or something too - or just at the table to begin with and they cannot open them up until Giles is there or be automatically up for elimination.

I don't get why Giles couldn't return as butler. It's not like they are trying to pass this off as real. They all know it is a game. He is great as the butler and I think he could return. He doesn't have to play the "taken hostage" role. He is just the butler.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

My understanding was that Giles is in the employ of the killer; for him to show up again, in the employ of the killer, would just make him the least lucky butler in the world, since the "killer" would be a serial murderer.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread