+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Whodunnit? - ABC

Re: Whodunnit? - ABC

Apologies everyone. I am drawing a blank. Who was the guest killed off last night (June 30). I've already deleted it from my PVR, and can't recall for the life of me.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Evande View Post
    Apologies everyone. I am drawing a blank. Who was the guest killed off last night (June 30). I've already deleted it from my PVR, and can't recall for the life of me.
    It was Adriana.
    Evande likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I absolutely adore murder mysteries and so rarely get to indulge in them. My fifth grade spanish teacher actually gave the whole class a murder mystery to solve and I was the only one who got it right. So you can bet I was definitely pumped for this show. Sadly, it's been a complete disappointment so far.

It just doesn't feel like a murder mystery to me. The contestants are handicapped from the get-go by having to divide themselves to inspect different areas. It makes it so they absolutely have to share information to get the whole scenario, but they can also screw people over by withholding information or lying aboout said information. Considering I'm seeing more lies and withholding than actual sharing, it takes away from the fun of mystery solving. I don't like games where contestants can screw each other over so actively and often. It focuses on that ugly aspect instead of on the actual murder mystery.
    That is from "The Mole" side of the combination of the games - either that or they want to try to ensure that they keep remembering one of THEM is the supposed killer.

Well, that or they want to ensure that there's no way all the guests can get the case right every time (as would've been the case last night IMHO), and have to rely ONLY on their guess of the murderer.

I do see your point, and agree that they ought to do it where they only get 10 mins. or so at each section and let them find the evidence.

I am especially grossed out by Ulysses and especially Kam. Their alliance is blatantly obvious, they have no qualms about openly screwing people over, and they are huge jerks to anyone who tries to work with them. I am astonished that everyone else lets them get away with that rather than completely shutting them out of everything for their overly rude behavior.
    This is why I say that - unless by some small chance either are the killer, the killer goes and tells production that maybe they need to be put in the scared category and have Giles mention that the killer is going after rude behavior like he/she did when Sheri dropped the glass.

This show reminds me of a show that tried doing this and did it better, though it featured new contestants every episode. It was titled "Murder", and ran on the Spike channel. Two teams of three people had to investigate crime scenes (based on real life cases) very thoroughly and ultimately present their cases. I liked that show far better than I am liking this one, namely because it gave everyone the same fair chance at investigating everything. It's a shame it only lasted ten episodes.
    This one is trying to be a campy version of "Murder in Small Town X" and "The Mole." That's really all I can see about it.

What makes this one fun for me is that - at least first two cases, the folks are totally bungling up relatively easy to solve cases, and it makes the results in the case arguments in the study each day.

Is it perfect? - like you I will say no. But it is funnier and better than a lot of drivel that I see on Sunday right now.
    Florimel likes this.

Since the show is for a specific amount of episodes, what happens if someone correctly guesses (or has already correctly guessed) the identity of the killer before the finale? I can't imagine the show ending the third episode because someone stumbles upon the right killer. And what if multiple people get it right?
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Since the show is for a specific amount of episodes, what happens if someone correctly guesses (or has already correctly guessed) the identity of the killer before the finale? I can't imagine the show ending the third episode because someone stumbles upon the right killer. And what if multiple people get it right?
    This thing is handled much like The Mole in that everyone takes a written test & the one with the fewest correct answers is the next one killed. So many may have already guessed the correct killer & not know it yet.

Cosidering all the finger pointing amongst contestants, I wonder if any of them has considered the possibility that Giles or one of the maids could be the murderer.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I haven't read your comments and I haven't finished watching the show, but I want to write this observation while I remember it.

One of the maids, when they were wearing robes, turned front to back and the camera focused on a wet or sticky spot her slipper left on the floor. Giles also called her by name, Sophie. She took the group to the bedroom and might be one to watch.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I am loving this show, even if it is a little easy in parts.

There are certain contestants that seem 'bored' during Giles speeches, the dinner table etc. In my mind that alone is making them watchable.
    I also think the black robed murderer is someone beside the contestants and just a general actor.

If you want a tricky murder type show I really suggest you type 'The murder game episode 1' to see the full episodes. It was broadcast over here in 2003
    and completely knocks the socks of Murder in small town X, even though it is similar. The first episode is a boring getting to know the contestants but from episode 2 it is amazing.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Cosidering all the finger pointing amongst contestants, I wonder if any of them has considered the possibility that Giles or one of the maids could be the murderer.
    no none of them are. the show specifically says that it is one of the contestants, therefore if it was one of the other three then they would be in a lot of trouble

FORT Newbie

I do not understand the posts thinking that the killer is either Giles or one of the staff. They were explicit that the killer is one of the "contestants." Like the Mole, a person could correctly guess the killer and they live on for another week (they don't know if they guessed the killer correctly, they'll only know how close they were to getting the facts straight on the murder). They will never know if they are correct until they "live" to the end when they will do some sort of reveal. At least with the Mole, it came down to three and the two that weren't the Mole had to answer the final quiz and in the event of a tie it was who answered it the quickest so I'm sure they will have some sort of tie breaker rule if it gets down to the end and everyone has the story the same.

My two suspects are Melina (? I think that's her name, the flight attendant) and Don. The way I look at it, the murderer is not going to lead the contestants to the answer but rather distract them from figuring it out (at least that's what I'd do). Melina went down Adriana's bunny trail inspecting fire places which was ludicrous and incidently Adriana got the boot.

Don also both weeks did not get the extra clue. Too busy keeping the contestants from finding it, perhaps?

I'm enjoying this show alot!

+ Reply to Thread