+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Face (Oxygen)

The Face (Oxygen)

Call this Nigel Barker's, "screw you" to Tyra for firing him from ANTM.

“The Face,” hosted by photographer Nigel Barker, features supermodel coaches Naomi Campbell, Karolina Kurkova and Coco Rocha as they compete to find the face of ULTA Beauty, one of the fastest growing beauty retailers in the United States. The series will give viewers access inside the world of the industry as three teams of aspiring models, each led by one of the supermodel coaches, are guided through real life assignments, including photo shoots and commercials.
    ABOUT THE SHOW | The FACE

The show premieres on Oxygen on Tuesday, February 12th at 9, but the first episode - or maybe it's their casting special - is available now OnDemand and online (Oxygen Videos | Live Out Loud, Oxygen | The Face | |)

I'm a Nigel fan and I love that this new show has coaches with WAY more fashion cred than ANTM. Plus, how much of a slap in the face to Tyra is it that one of the judges is Naomi? I love it!

I'll definitely be watching, both for Nigel and to see Naomi attempt to NOT bitch slap anyone!
    prhoshay and Lizard like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: The Face (Oxygen)

Maybe.

I love Nigel on ANTM so I might give this a shot.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Call this Nigel Barker's, "screw you" to Tyra for firing him from ANTM.

ABOUT THE SHOW | The FACE

The show premieres on Oxygen on Tuesday, February 12th at 9, but the first episode - or maybe it's their casting special - is available now OnDemand and online (Oxygen Videos | Live Out Loud, Oxygen | The Face | |)

I'm a Nigel fan and I love that this new show has coaches with WAY more fashion cred than ANTM. Plus, how much of a slap in the face to Tyra is it that one of the judges is Naomi? I love it!

I'll definitely be watching, both for Nigel and to see Naomi attempt to NOT bitch slap anyone!
    Interesting! I'm a Nigel fan too, so I will enjoy seeing him in a larger role. I enjoy fashion and modeling type shows, so I am looking forward to this one, especially because I was really getting tired of Tyra and the ANTM repetition. (Although I did LOVE watching the fascinating Kelly Cutrone, whenever she was on the show!)

By the way, I notice that in addition to the Oxygen network, The Face's premier episode is being shown on the Style network and Bravo as well. I don't know if that will be the case for the entire series.
    NFL1 likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Thanks for the heads up, Critical.

I'm a Nigel fan also, so will give this show a shot. (I haven't watched ANTM for the last three seasons or so - just grew tired of it - but I'm probably ready for another model show now!)

If the previews are any indication, Naomi is definitely going to bring the crazy. I have to laugh every time she claims to have worked on her anger issues because there's always another story about her flipping out on someone. If she wasn't born looking the way she looks, she'd be in BIG trouble.

I liked the casting special and I plan on watching the show, but I got this sinking feeling that Naomi's temper is going to take over the season. I hope I'm wrong because I like Karolina, Coco and Nigel A LOT better than I like Naomi.
    Shoepie and Imperfect1 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I really enjoyed the casting special!

I have high hopes, but it would ruin it for me if there's too much drama between the coaches. I love Coco and Karolina and don't mind Naomi, but if the show is going to be more about Naomi bringing the drama than the modeling I'm out. That's not why I'm watching.

I would also like more Nigel than there was on the casting show

I watched the casting special, and I liked it except for Naomi. You can tell just by what we have seen so far she is going to bring drama.

Some of the models look old to me and I don't think they have such great faces either. Most of them didn't look like models to me. Maybe they're going for a new look or something. What do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I watched the casting special, and I liked it except for Naomi. You can tell just by what we have seen so far she is going to bring drama.

Some of the models look old to me and I don't think they have such great faces either. Most of them didn't look like models to me. Maybe they're going for a new look or something. What do I know?
    You could just see her wanting to snap every time one of the models chose Karolina or Coco instead of her as a coach. I'm sure some of the girls didn't choose her because they're afraid of her. I can't say I blame them. She'll cut a bitch.

A lot of times, models don't look like models, IRL. Many of them look really odd in person. It's all about how they photograph. I think we'll see within an episode or so if the coaches picked well. I thought the weepy one at the end was too old and, frankly, not very photogenic either. As soon as someone wheels out a big sob story, I want them gone, so I hate that Coco gave in to that drama. The girl she passed over was much better, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You could just see her wanting to snap every time one of the models chose Karolina or Coco instead of her as a coach. I'm sure some of the girls didn't choose her because they're afraid of her. I can't say I blame them. She'll cut a bitch.

A lot of times, models don't look like models, IRL. Many of them look really odd in person. It's all about how they photograph. I think we'll see within an episode or so if the coaches picked well. I thought the weepy one at the end was too old and, frankly, not very photogenic either. As soon as someone wheels out a big sob story, I want them gone, so I hate that Coco gave in to that drama. The girl she passed over was much better, IMO.
    I don't like the big sob stories either, and all this girl really had was being the daughter of a single mom! Big deal. Who isn't these days lol? It was so not believable to me that Naomi teared up and went to hug her. Did I miss something authentic, or did anybody else buy that one?

Yeah, I get that models are more odd looking these days. I'm too old I guess. I prefer that models be beautiful, and I mean really beautiful. Photogenic too, but you know...at least pretty. I saw a couple of girls who didn't make it that I thought were beautiful, and that always drove me nuts on ANTM too. These girls did have a totally different look to them than the ones you'd most likely see on ANTM. Can't put my finger on it really.

The girl, I think her name is Devyn, looks familiar to me.
    Looking forward to this show,hope it does well.
    love Nigel, CoCo, and Karolina, never been a bigh Naomi fan.
    Last edited by kerowyn66; 02-09-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast