+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Face (Oxygen)

Re: The Face (Oxygen)

So did anybody catch the opening of the new season? Mean Naomi is still around, but Karolina and CoCo are gone. There is a blonde model with freckles and one named Anne. I think it's Anne V. or something. I might have it mixed up but one is blonde and the other a redhead.

Naomi hasn't changed much; not that I expected her to. Already talking smack. The girls are mostly really pretty, but I didn't like the fact that the first girl to go was really pretty and "looked like" a model. Truthfully, I probably won't watch regularly unless the show becomes more interesting; I couldn't tell you what the challenges were like because I found it all rather boring.

So . . .

CoCo and Karolina are OUT, but NAOMI's still IN??

OK.

I'm OUT, then, TOO!
    Kip and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Naomi got the drama queens again. Frederick Frekkai loves Naomi. So I believe she has the advantage later on.
    You can do it!

Naomi seems to be running this show as far as I can tell as a vehicle to somehow shift her image. Of course, she can't stand losing-- so she has to win-- unless maybe as a set-up for next season-- if she has an attention span that long.

But her attempt to market this charming Naomi falls pretty flat. I'd like to know why she had to drag in new sub-coaches-- who of course are plotting against her!!! -- so can she be blamed if she has to "protect" herself-- ??

And am I misremembering--that last season, she kept miraculously winning each week, and then somehow kept the least experienced model, while sending more experienced, and seemingly more capable, models home-- of course leaving the other coach without her best "girl"---- presumably because they are so gullible and she has to stick it to the others...every step of the way...

Personally I'll bet Naomi scripts the whole thing herself-- without her, how could they even have a show?-- so of course she gets to write her own ticket.

I don't think I'll be tuning in, because while before I had no idea what she was like beyond the gossip, I've come to find her annoying and not very interesting to watch.
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    Naomi seems to be running this show as far as I can tell as a vehicle to somehow shift her image. Of course, she can't stand losing-- so she has to win-- unless maybe as a set-up for next season-- if she has an attention span that long.

But her attempt to market this charming Naomi falls pretty flat. I'd like to know why she had to drag in new sub-coaches-- who of course are plotting against her!!! -- so can she be blamed if she has to "protect" herself-- ??

And am I misremembering--that last season, she kept miraculously winning each week, and then somehow kept the least experienced model, while sending more experienced, and seemingly more capable, models home-- of course leaving the other coach without her best "girl"---- presumably because they are so gullible and she has to stick it to the others...every step of the way...

Personally I'll bet Naomi scripts the whole thing herself-- without her, how could they even have a show?-- so of course she gets to write her own ticket.

I don't think I'll be tuning in, because while before I had no idea what she was like beyond the gossip, I've come to find her annoying and not very interesting to watch.
    I know she lost the first season: Devyn Abdullah from team Karolina Kurkova, I was not surprised that she replaced the two coaches. I think she wants less personality and likability in them.

I'm catching up watching the first few episodes of the new season OnDemand. I'd forgotten about the bad voice overs added in post. Worse than on ANTM.

I think the reason Naomi is back is that she and Nigel are tight. She got rid of Karolina and Coco because she thinks she can beat Ann and Lydia. If she doesn't win this season, I think we can expect a tantrum of epic proportions.....even for Naomi.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't know Naomi lost the first season! If she lost the first season, then my memory fails me, or I stopped watching. I guess she just dominated to such a degree and seemed so much like a puppet master pulling the strings-- winning when it seemed impossible etc-- that I assumed she had won.

But I think she definitely is unwatchable-- for me at least. I see she has a very similar melt=down to the one last season too. She just seems like such a bully and is so stiff and awkward on camera; and I find her extremely sympathy for the model she hasn't picked in her judgings so forced, that I can't watch it.

Maybe my patience for these shows in wearing thin. I've always felt they were so exploitative of the people on them that they were morally somewhat problematic, but I've watched many of them over the years. But now I find it harder and harder to watch.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cavendish View Post
    I didn't know Naomi lost the first season! If she lost the first season, then my memory fails me, or I stopped watching. I guess she just dominated to such a degree and seemed so much like a puppet master pulling the strings-- winning when it seemed impossible etc-- that I assumed she had won.
    Devyn won the first season. She was on Karolina's team.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

uh-oh! i fell asleep during the most recent episode. sighh...i thought i could hang since i like modeling competitions and shows about fashion, but this show is really pretty boring. naomi is really just a snore...she is meant to be tough and there's the feeling that everybody must watch out for the famous naomi temper, but everything she has said and done seems scripted to me. she isn't really all that fascinating and the other two models aren't all that special either. i didn't like last cycle's winner, her upper lip is really ugly. lol. and i can sort of see who i think might win this time and it's just not all that fascinating. they accuse one another of eliminating girls for strategy purposes...well duh! it's a competition. they talk tough but nothing to back it up. it just seems silly.

Here's an interesting fact...Lydia Hearst (redhead) is the daughter of Patty Hearst and Bernard Shaw. I didn't realize he recently passed away (Dec/2013).

+ Reply to Thread