+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Face (Oxygen)

Re: The Face (Oxygen)

I guess I'm too picky or something. I don't like what's left. The girls whose looks I liked the best went home early; most of them seemed to have the personalities of wet noodles or something. They just didn't have any confidence. I fail to see how you can look like these girls and not have some confidence, but it happens all the time.

On the other hand, the girls with confidence often have personalities that annoy me in some way. They're too loud or too aggressive or just....annoying. And even though you could say they are pretty or striking or beautiful, I don't find their looks alone to be a good reason for them to win. Same as I don't think the lovely girls with no confidence should really win.

I guess you just can't please some people, lol. I must be one of those...

Kao

Devyn wins! Good choice, as she really has an "Ultra" look.

Devyn looked so scared the whole time. Congratulations to her.

And congratulations to all the other girls for the great job they did. Naomi's girl was unusually beautiful. And I see a feminine resemblance between Naomi and her.
    Margo was my favorite.

I wonder how much they are paying the supers. They might be able to get Linda Evangelista next time.
    You can do it!

Whew! I'm so glad Devyn won! Really, I'm just happy Naomi's girl lost. Naomi was so horrible to everyone, I didn't want to see her rewarded in any way.
    Kip likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kao

I felt bad for Ebony. She did great in the instore challenge, but having to get used to the camera to get a good shot came back to bite her.

Even though Margeux, Zi Lin and Ebony lost I can still see them having careers after this (unlike some of ANTM's girls). I hope this gets renewed for another, longer season because this one went by fast!
    Kip likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I was rooting for Devyn. She's gorgeous with those wide-spaced eyes. Margaux takes beautiful photos, but her shyness has hurt her in a couple of challenges. Ebony is a natural at interacting with people. She does have a great girl-next-door look. I think that and the fact that she didn't do as well in the photo shoot knocked her out. Zi Lin is gorgeous and her personality comes through both her photos and in person. i would have been happy for her winning EXCEPT Naomi would have shared the glory.

I too am hoping that there will be a next season.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just watched the finale this afternoon and started changing my mind, early on in the show. I was convinced that Zi Lin would win. When the women were doing the challenge when they were dealing with customers in the "store", Zi Lin and Ebony seemed to have that sewn up. Devyn was a bit detached, and Margaux was definitely bringing up the rear.....I couldn't believe her answer when asked what the brushes were made of; not even a hint of effort to help the customer. Ebony flowed!! Loved her.

Zi Lin, while having a great personality and being beautiful, her makeup job bothered me, plus I thought she looked older than she was.

I'm convinced that Margaux is just not very bright which is a big part of why she claims "shyness". Like my aunt was fond of saying, "She has a low IQ." If she doesn't, something would have shown through her "shyness". There was nothing there. Margaux should have been the first of the four women voted off. Ebony was extremely personable; Margaux....not so much. Ebony was robbed!

I really didn't expect Devyn to win, and was HAPPILY thrilled when she did!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

i agree that Zi Lin looks older than she is, but the Ulta execs sounded like that could be an advantage in appealing to a wide cross section of customers.

I didn't think Ebony was robbed. I thought either Ebony or Margaux would be first to let go -- Ebony because she had the least-successful photo shoot, and Margaux because she performed the worst in the personality/store challenge -- it would just depend on what Ulta valued the most. I did think there was a greater chance that Margaux would go because Ebony did turn the photoshoot around. Ebony is a natural at relating to people.

in the previous week's challenge, Zi Lin had been heavily criticized for making up a name for the purple eye shadow rather than just saying she didn't know. If the girls had heard that criticism, Margaux may have thought that was how to best respond (though she should have used her common sense and gone to find out for the customer).

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Whew! I'm so glad Devyn won! Really, I'm just happy Naomi's girl lost. Naomi was so horrible to everyone, I didn't want to see her rewarded in any way.
    Truer words, Critical. Truer words...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Just watched the finale this afternoon and started changing my mind, early on in the show. I was convinced that Zi Lin would win. Devyn was a bit detached, and Margaux was definitely bringing up the rear... Ebony flowed!!.

I really didn't expect Devyn to win, and was HAPPILY thrilled when she did!!!
    I totally agree with your overall assessment, prhoshay, especially the thought that Zi Lin would win it all.
    And while the girl I personally wanted to win from the git-go didn't make it to the Final Four, I also agree with your happiness over the Winner!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

CONGRATULATIONS TO DEVYN!!!!!!!!!

GREAT call, ULTA!

Count me in with those of you who've said they're glad Naomi's girl didn't win.

IMHO, based on what was presented on this show, Naomi is just as ridiculous, mean and hateful as all the stories, etc., might lead one to believe.

I truly WISH she wasn't on this show, because honestly, whoever she gets on her team --- and I WISH I felt differently about this! --- I think that they're going to have to suffer some of the backlash from Naomi being an idiot with a bad, OBVIOUSLY EARNED, rep that she doesn't seem to be trying too hard to mitigate.

It ain't fair, but there it is.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread